Chuck Liddell beats Jon Jones

Jon Jones' head isn't really that big... Is it? Thing is like a watermelon on a tooth pick!

Big Tito fan and Chuck was always super cocky, and annoying about the Tito fights. So anytime he got his butt handed to him, I smiled. Nobody was happier than me when Rampage took his belt and embarrassed him with that quick KO at UFC 71. "Made a mistake and got caught" Yeah..

A style that has defeated every man he has ever fought. Style that has gone up against every other style you can imagine and has always come out victorious and usually in dominant fashion. Jones has faced wrestlers, strikers, men that thought they had the perfect game plan. He is essentially 22-0

So are you a sports fan or a fight fan? Jones is too boring for my tastes but whatever you like

Rematch after the eyepokes patch pls

Was Chuck in his Prime when he fought Rampage the first time? Chuck even went on a mission to avenge all of his losses until he ran into Rampage AGAIN. I guess Rampaged knocked Chuck out of his prime in the second fight lol!
When the hell did I say Chuck beats Rampage ? Your post has nothing to do with what I said. And JJ doesnt have prime Rampages power if were gonna compare how they match up against Chuck.

Jones would trounce any version of Liddell.

It's easy for Chuck to think he's the best when he beat Tito and a 50 year-old each two times.

Chuck got beat by three wrestlers before losing his chin. Jones would keep his distance, take him down and pound him out or choke him out.

inb4 2guntommy's delusional ass quotes me

So are you a sports fan or a fight fan? Jones is too boring for my tastes but whatever you like

Both. And jones is the goat.. And how is he boring? He's finished most of his fights in the ufc. The early days of the ufc with sorry competition finishing was obviously much easier.

Oblique kicks, vicious elbows and creative striking is something Chuck never had to deal with. The type wrestling Jones has, Chuck never had to deal with. If Jones can take Cormier down, you know he could take Chuck down.
No doubt JJ is innovative. But prime chuck had very fast hands and KO power left or right. Nasty kicks also powerful and able to KO people.
The type of wrestling jones had is easier than some others for Chuck. Ill say it again , having no power double isnt good for JJ in this fight. Sometimes with skilled strikers with ko power its hard to get them down from the clinch. Chuck was very elusive that way. Hard to grab.

And JJ taking Cormier down is different. He didnt have to worry about getting KOd by Cormier. Chuck could end the fight with one punch and JJ would have to respect his power.

When did Chuck's prime end? I'm interested because he got whooped twice by Rampage. After Rampage knocked him out the second time...what happened to Chuck's wins?
Again with this ? Im not talking about Chuck vs Rampage.

Who were Chuck's 5 most notable wins then? I'm interested. Take your time though, you gonna need it.
So you want to discuss anything but JJ and Chucks skillsets and how they match up then ?
Who either of their top five opponents were is irrelevant.

In Chuck's day, most of his opponents could wrestle and barely strike or strike and barely wrestle. Luxury for Chuck. Just look at his opponents. Chuck wouldn't have that luxury and peace of mind against Jones. For the record, Couture's striking was nothing like Jones. That's why Couture wanted a takedown and Chuck knew that. Jones would not have the MAIN AGENDA to be get a takedown.
no doubt JJ is well rounded and dangerous everywhere. Not saying its impossible to win, just that styles make fights and I think chucks sprawl and brawl style is tough for Jon.
And dont knock Randys boxing. He out struck Chuck in one of their fight beautifully.

I am so glad that prime Chuck fought Rampage because if not, people would constantly be saying that prime Chuck would have merked Rampage. Well, prime Chuck fought him and got merked lol! If they never had a rematch, many would probably have said, oh that was luck, Chuck would have merked him in a rematch. Well, they had a rematch and Chuck got starched again lol! I am so glad they fought so we never have to have the who wins Rampage/Prime Chuck debate on Sherdog because you can't tell some people nothing!

You are obsessed. I never said Prime chuck beats Page. Obviously.

I don't think you've seen a Jones fight otherwise Chuck was your boy back in the day and you always stand by him- considering it's delusional, to claim the thought of Jones beating anybody, is delusional.

I'm sure as hell not saying Prime Chuck isn't dangerous, nor am I saying Jones's defense is pretty- his offense isn't either but it is efficient.

It could end up looking like a mix of the Cormier fight with a bit of the Gustaffson and Rampage fights thrown in.

People are underestimating Jones in the clinch if they think Jones can't take him down. Jones is constantly draining his opponents physically and mentally and if they're mentally weak enough like Cormier & Rashad: emotionally.

I think his range strikes would frustrate Chuck, the side kicks to the knee and oblique kicks would fuck with him and so would the outstretched arm that is long as Ido Portal's arm holding a pool noodle.

48 - 47 Jones at worst imo. I don't think Jones would win the first round more often than not if it goes to decision. If it helps, it's Jones beating Chuck With His Blood In His Eye.
Agreed. Delusional was exaggerating. I just think Chuck has a good chance of clipping JJ comig in for the clinch. He used his range well, had fast hands with a lot of power and was hard to get down and even harder to keep down. A lot of energy wasted only for him to pop back up and start throwing bombs. He wasnt really my favorite fighter. Back then it was Randy. And I think JJ is an amazing fighter. Prime Chuck is just a tough one for him.

Jones would trounce any version of Liddell.

It's easy for Chuck to think he's the best when he beat Tito and a 50 year-old each two times.

Chuck got beat by three wrestlers before losing his chin. Jones would keep his distance, take him down and pound him out or choke him out.

inb4 2guntommy's delusional ass quotes me
Take him down and pound him out like he did to Gus ? If JJ had a double gus would have never got up off the canvas.
Nothing ive said is unreasonable.

Agreed. Delusional was exaggerating. I just think Chuck has a good chance of clipping JJ comig in for the clinch. He used his range well, had fast hands with a lot of power and was hard to get down and even harder to keep down. A lot of energy wasted only for him to pop back up and start throwing bombs. He wasnt really my favorite fighter. Back then it was Randy. And I think JJ is an amazing fighter. Prime Chuck is just a tough one for him.

Chuck would definitely make the most of every chance to tee off, especially with those angles he uses- to the point where Tito mentioned it, iirc. He would be aware that his best bet is calculated ultra violence. Jones gets busted up if not keeping range atleast 99% of the time against a fresh Prime Iceman.

I think Prime Chuck vs Jones would be a very intense fight ending up with highlight reel footage for both fighters.

No doubt JJ is innovative. But prime chuck had very fast hands and KO power left or right. Nasty kicks also powerful and able to KO people.
The type of wrestling jones had is easier than some others for Chuck. Ill say it again , having no power double isnt good for JJ in this fight. Sometimes with skilled strikers with ko power its hard to get them down from the clinch. Chuck was very elusive that way. Hard to grab.

And JJ taking Cormier down is different. He didnt have to worry about getting KOd by Cormier. Chuck could end the fight with one punch and JJ would have to respect his power.

I don't see how the fight is hard to figure out. Jones would wear Chuck down and finish him late or win a lopsided decision. The Glover fight is essentially the game plan. Grind him on the cage, and bust him up with elbows, and make his arms tired trying to fight Jon off the fence. Chucks hands have less and less pop as the rounds go on.

When the hell did I say Chuck beats Rampage ? Your post has nothing to do with what I said. And JJ doesnt have prime Rampages power if were gonna compare how they match up against Chuck.

Chuck was good only against the lower caliber fighters back then that were mostly one dementional and the fight game was still relatively new. Even then Chuck lost early in his career to the mostly jiu jitsu fighter Jeremy Horn. In Chuck's prime there was not such thing as a top 10 in the UFC due to the small roster. The mma game has evolved so much since then. BETTER fighters like Jon Jones and Cormier (who has Koed Big Foot Silva, so his punches have to be respected) have emerged. Chuck's Atari like style of fighting would be laughable to a PS/Xbox style of fighting like Jon Jones.

Back