Christopher Nolan is GOAT director

True or False?

• Total voters
Nolan is as overrated as Spielberg.

Not sure, haven't seen too many superhero movies, that being said, the series from what I've seen is over hyped.

How can it be over hyped if it's the best one?

You're just a hipster who likes to say things are over overrated.

How can it be over hyped if it's the best one?

You're just a hipster who likes to say things are over overrated.
What makes the Batman trilogy the best? First off, that's your opinion and it'll always just be your opinion. Second, just because you say the Batman trilogy is the best doesn't make it so, and even if it was the best superhero trilogy that does NOT mean it can't be overrated.

Is there a better superhero series?

05dbb8b60d5aa8332cbb7d97e982e6df

He's a great director, although I view much of his work as overrated. This is the age of hype, after all. I prefer Scorcese over anyone though. Nothing touches Goodfellas.....NOTHING
giphy.webp

oh man no, done some great things but he's behind so many imho

I agree that that series is awesome, I'll wait to see how the third turns out before declaring it the best though

It's already better than those goofy Batman movies, even if M. Night fucks up the 3rd one immensely imo.

Nolan is a big concept type of guy.

Inception and Interstellar are perfect examples of that. At some point the plot becomes too messy. i liked Inception better than Interstellar though. If anything else it's a fun mind bending action movie. The space/science/physics concepts in Interstellar happened to be the best part of that movie.

Batman Begins is the absolute tits though. Best of the series.

Don't be a fool @Cint. I know you like Refn, but to literally call him the greatest of all time is silly.

Put your fandom aside for a minute and think logically.

Okay I know in time Refn will become one of the all-time greatest filmmakers.

vYKZOplFOFqSc.gif

Put your fandom aside for a minute and think logically.
You're talking to a guy who tags people on "I like anal sex" posts. I'm not sure if that's the equivalent of holding out your hand for a hi-five, but yeah "logically." More like lolgic.

I'd say it's about a 50/50 chance

Here's hoping
80% chance he'll fuck it up. The goodness of Night films depends on two things: low-ass budget + the audience's complete lack of expectation. Otherwise he chokes on too much decision making.

Nolan is a big concept type of guy.

Inception and Interstellar are perfect examples of that. At some point the plot becomes too messy. i liked Inception better than Interstellar though. If anything else it's a fun mind bending action movie. The space/science/physics concepts in Interstellar happened to be the best part of that movie.

Batman Begins is the absolute tits though. Best of the series.

I give Interstellar props for having some incredible scenes in it even if it didn't always hang together entirely successfully.

He makes good, fun pop corn films. He hasn't really made anything of importance or substance though.

Depends on what you like, though. Everyone saying he is overrated etc, must realise that art by it's nature, is subjective.

Memento had plenty of substance. Same with Insomnia, The Prestige, Inception, etc.

He's a good director, makes interesting movies. Not GOAT though.

He's fine, I like that he does things the old school way by using film and practical effects, but he's nowhere near my top 25.

Back