Christopher Nolan is GOAT director

True or False?

• Total voters

Dana_is_your_GOD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
  • Dark Knight trilogy with the GOAT superhero movie (Dark Knight)
  • Inception
  • Interstellar
  • The Prestige
  • Momento
  • Insomnia

Soon to come, Dunkirk (probably GOAT war movie)

It's still early too, I'm awaiting another 10 masterpieces in the next decade.

I like Nolan but I find most of his movies to be painfully overrated. Loved Memento though.

Still haven't seen interstellar, but hes prob top since 2000

He's great and has goat potential. He has some serious flaws though. Like editing. Most of his films are too long and edited in horrible ways. Like in interstellar when coop finally enters the black hole, it keeps cutting to little afflecks corn crops burning. Who the crap cares to see that?! Not one person watching that didn't want to only see what happens in the black hole. It sucks on first watch and makes rewatching what should be awesome scenes a complete pain in the butt. He did the same thing in Batman Begins, intersecting the coolest parts of the movie ( the ninja training in the mountains ) with the worst parts of the movie ( the parents backstory ). Might sound like a small gripe but really it's a serious flaw.

He's great and has goat potential. He has some serious flaws though. Like editing. Most of his films are too long and edited in horrible ways. Like in interstellar when coop finally enters the black hole, it keeps cutting to little afflecks corn crops burning. Who the crap cares to see that?! Not one person watching that didn't want to only see what happens in the black hole. It sucks on first watch and makes rewatching what should be awesome scenes a complete pain in the butt. He did the same thing in Batman Begins, intersecting the coolest parts of the movie ( the ninja training in the mountains ) with the worst parts of the movie ( the parents backstory ). Might sound like a small gripe but really it's a serious flaw.

You sound like an expert bro, so I can't argue with those examples, but isn't it possible he was just showing both timelines in interstellar as both significant events were happening in parallel?

I wouldn't say that I'd consider Nolan GOAT or even close, but I will say that I'll watch anything the guy directs.

Back