Christian kills daughter for dating Muslim

What kind of depraved household this father came from honor killing?

Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Qatar, UAE, Bangladesh, Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Sudan, Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, etc etc etc
Dude, do you know what a theocracy even means? Lebanon isnt even technically a muslim country, let alone a theocracy. Syria, Egypt, Azerbaijan actively suppress Islamist parties, they are the opposite of theocrats. Understand what the word means before deploying it.

Well..Yes it was violence. But it was retaliatory violence in response to Moslem aggression. Much like the crusades.

On topic: any father killing his kin is fucked up, but sand people are gonna sand people no matter what religious book they read.

Sand people religions...

How about a shared culture in the region where this behavior is most prevalent? As in India and Pakistan? I dump all over Islam for its blatant abuse of basic human rights, but honor killings and FGM are a cultural phenomenon as far as I can tell.
I agree with you, its cultural. But thats a HUGE difference. Its irresponsible to conflate culture with religion, and you cant address something without identifying the root cause. Thats all i'm saying.

Dude, do you know what a theocracy even means? Lebanon isnt even technically a muslim country, let alone a theocracy. Syria, Egypt, Azerbaijan actively suppress Islamist parties, they are the opposite of theocrats. Understand what the word means before deploying it.

Suppression of different types of Muslims is not really the suppression of Islamism. That's like saying Saudi Arabia is against terrorism because they're against ISIS, despite the fact they support other terrorist groups more along the ideological lines of their ruling House.

Ok, so murdering your raped daughter, thats bad. But murdering your daughter because she fell in love with a muslim, no big deal. Thanks for clearing it up.

Maybe you forgot because reading and retaining information is hard for you, but I didn't say that.
Try again.

I agree with you, its cultural. But thats a HUGE difference. Its irresponsible to conflate culture with religion, and you cant address something without identifying the root cause. Thats all i'm saying.
Works for me. And that's the reason Kafir K disagreed with you when you said everyone would jump on the "it's Islam" bandwagon if the religions were reversed.

If it is only cultural , why are the countries where honor killings are most prevalent also Muslim countries.
Islam is the kind of religion that enables attitudes that condone honor killings. It's isn't just cultural, religion plays a big part. Islam looks at women in the same manner as a male lion looks at his harem of females ; females are to be guarded from other males and outsiders.

If it is only cultural , why are the countries that honor killings are most prevalent also Muslim countries.
Islam is the kind of religion that enables attitudes that condone honor killings.
Here in Canada we've had several cases of Hindu honor killings, but no Muslim ones. From my reading the highest concentration happens in India and Pakistan.

It's funny that this news traveled wide and far, this happens on a regular basis in Sweden where husbands or relatives throws their wife or daughter from a balcony but it receives minor attention in media.

He was Israeli. I support that ban.
An Israel ban should've been in place for a long time for violating the human rights of the palestinians and causing world instability.
<mma4>
Are you implying that honor killings are perpetrated by Christians at a similar rate as by Hindus and Muslims? Or even at a remotely comparable rate?
Maybe if you isolate the population a bit. This Arab-Israeli family did it so do Arab-Israeli Christians commit honor killings at similar rates? I wouldn't know.
Suppression of different types of Muslims is not really the suppression of Islamism. That's like saying Saudi Arabia is against terrorism because they're against ISIS, despite the fact they support other terrorist groups more along the ideological lines of their ruling House.
But they really do repress virtually all Islamists in Egypt. The Brotherhood are the more tame ones and they're getting imprisoned and exiled. The nastier ones are dealt with even more harshly as expected.

<mma4>

Maybe if you isolate the population a bit. This Arab-Israeli family did it so do Arab-Israeli Christians commit honor killings at similar rates? I wouldn't know.

But they really do repress virtually all Islamists in Egypt. The Brotherhood are the more tame ones and they're getting imprisoned and exiled. The nastier ones are dealt with even more harshly as expected.

well, that's one. Progress of a kind. It should be noted that Egypt has exported lots of terrorist ideology with the EIJ, but you are right, as they have morphed in with other groups like Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood. Also Al Sisi goes after everyone who disagrees with him on anything, so I am doubtful of his need to rid terrorism from his country resulting from his need to see moderation in Islam and the like.

db4e95885cf32a3b734ed6447bee7bf33cbe01b4_hq.gif

well, that's one. Progress of a kind.
Actually quite the opposite. Egypt has become not only more autocratic than what it was under Morsi but even worse than the Mubarak years. But I suppose if you only look at it through the lens of Islam vs secularism and not what's actually happening to the people in Egypt yeah its some sort of progress I suppose.
It should be noted that Egypt has exported lots of terrorist ideology with the EIJ, but you are right, as they have morphed in with other groups like Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood. Also Al Sisi goes after everyone who disagrees with him on anything, so I am doubtful of his need to rid terrorism from his country resulting from his need to see moderation in Islam and the like.
Oh of course I don't buy any of El Sisi's BS, the guy's a dictator who wants to play stooge of the West. I'm often in the minority on this forum when I say his coup was bad for Egypt and that Morsi was the lesser evil.

Hitler/Himmler the Catholic Christians murdered more in a decade than the entirety of Islam did in a century

no, whacky goth teenage troll daddy doesn't pay attention to, that is not remotely true or logical

find a new way of getting attention, maybe just spam text dicks
B===D
B===D
B===D

Here in Canada we've had several cases of Hindu honor killings, but no Muslim ones. From my reading the highest concentration happens in India and Pakistan.

That's why I don't say it is Islam alone. India has 1.2 billion odd folks, so it isn't surprising they would have a lot of honor killings considering their caste culture. Also prevalence of honor killings is region based.

Wiki quote

Honor killings have been reported in northern regions of India, mainly in the Indian states of Punjab, Rajasthan, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, as a result of people marrying without their family's acceptance, and sometimes for marrying outside their caste or religion. In contrast, honor killings are less prevalent but are not completely non-existent [202][203][204] in South India and the western Indian states of Maharashtra and Gujarat. I

-

The UN does state though that most of the countries where honor killings happen are Muslim.

The most frequently quoted figure published by the United Nations in 2000 is an estimate of 5,000 killings worldwide each year, most of them in Islamic regions of South Asia, North Africa and the Middle East

Resolution 1327 (2003) of the Council of Europe states that:[76]

"The Assembly notes that whilst so-called 'honour crimes' emanate from cultural and not religious roots and are perpetrated worldwide (mainly in patriarchal societies or communities), the majority of reported cases in Europe have been amongst Muslim or migrant Muslim communities (although Islam itself does not support the death penalty for honour-related misconduct)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

Are they? I haven't kept tabs on what Sisi is doing to the Salafists.

When Mursi was overthrown by Sisi, the Al Noor party (Salafists) were left alone. The Sisi regime only went after the Brotherhood. The Salafists supported Sisi.

From 3 years back .
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/06/egypt-nour-party-sisi-political-scene.html

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middl...es-growing-isolation-2014514111139164795.html

Back