Chris Weidmans Next fight

Jacare's camp wants Weidman. That is the fight that makes most sense.

I think he's finally slid down far enough for a rematch with Anderson. Chris has taken tons of damage. At this point Anderson has it in the bag

He really isn't that deep into contention. He basically went on a potential career ending skid. He's better off against someone who isn't a threat to ktfo him at this point. Probably another tuneup fight would be good for him. Those Romero and Rockhold losses were brutal, and Mousasi just piled on. Imagine if he got stopped in his next fight after Mousasi...

No, he would do just fine at LHW.

Really? He got his ass beat in 3 of his last 4 at 185, then used a ridiculous size advantage to out grapple a fat 170 guy.

Granted, 205 depth is at its all-time lowest, but I would not favor him against any of the top 5. I actually predict he would get his ass tko'd by all of the top 5.

Really? He got his ass beat in 3 of his last 4 at 185, then used a ridiculous size advantage to out grapple a fat 170 guy.

Granted, 205 depth is at its all-time lowest, but I would not favor him against any of the top 5. I actually predict he would get his ass tko'd by all of the top 5.

So you agree he would be a top 10 LHW? Seems like you are contradicting yourself.

he should get boetsch or i woulda suggested brunson b4 they booked brunson and machida. now id say face boetsch and he can vs brunson/machida winner

i wouldnt recommend taking tough fights until he strings off some wins in a row so i hope he doesnt get booked vs jacare

If not Jacare. Definitely Rockhold. Not much going on with the contenders at 185. No matter what , should be a top 10 opponent.

Well he's definitely not in title contention but I feel like Jacare is the only answer. He's lost to everyone else at the top of the division already.

He really isn't that deep into contention. He basically went on a potential career ending skid. He's better off against someone who isn't a threat to ktfo him at this point. Probably another tuneup fight would be good for him. Those Romero and Rockhold losses were brutal, and Mousasi just piled on. Imagine if he got stopped in his next fight after Mousasi...
Gastelum could've done that with some pressure. I think he said he was planning to take it slow until Weidman gassed? If Gastelum KOed Weidman it would've been nuts and Chris probably would've been out of contention for good.

So you agree he would be a top 10 LHW? Seems like you are contradicting yourself.

No, not really.

First of all, I don't think Chris would qualify being out of the top 5 as successful. The dude wasn't even top 5 at 185 in the UFC, at least until Moose left. I don't know where he should be ranked - he shouldn't get many points for beating fat gastelum. Good win, hell, any win in the UFC is a good win. Was gastelum a great win? No.

I never wrote he would beat anyone ranked 5-10, although it is certainly possible. It is also possible he can't use his size advantage there and can't beat anyone in the top 10. So I'm not saying he would be top 10 at 205, I'm saying he definitely would not be top 5. Fringe top 10? Maybe. Maybe not.

Back