Chris Weidmans Next fight

170 Maia? I hope giant Chris Weidman could just lay on top of any 170 fighter.

No they fought at 185. Maia and Jacare are 1 - 1 in competition bjj but Jacare had some pretty freakish explosiveness back in the day and I feel that that's starting to go. Maia pulls half/full guard all the time to work his way to the back whereas most of Jacare's work (that I've seen anyways) starts with him getting the TD and working to pass on top. Like I said I doubt Jacare can take Chris down and think that if he was comfortable in Maia's guard he'll be able to handle Jacare's as well. If it stays on the feet I think Chris is better there also.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shlemenko TKOs him considering Gastelum could've KOed him in round 1 with some more pressure.

Me neither Shlemenko's another chubby WW with ko power.He could definitely put him to sleep or close an eye or 2.

Jacare likely. But I wouldn't mind Weidman vs Brunson/Machida winner & Jacare vs Branch

No they fought at 185. Maia and Jacare are 1 - 1 in competition bjj but Jacare had some pretty freakish explosiveness back in the day and I feel that that's starting to go. Maia pulls half/full guard all the time to work his way to the back whereas most of Jacare's work (that I've seen anyways) starts with him getting the TD and working to pass on top. Like I said I doubt Jacare can take Chris down and think that if he was comfortable in Maia's guard he'll be able to handle Jacare's as well. If it stays on the feet I think Chris is better there also.

Yeah, no shit they fought at 185. Chris was and is giant next to maia.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shlemenko TKOs him considering Gastelum could've KOed him in round 1 with some more pressure.

Gastelum has at least some wrestling and sub defense, Storm does not.

Chris would do what Tito and Halsey did. Easy takedown and sub without taking any damage.

Chris Weidman won his last fight and is back in title contention. Who should be next for him?
Title contention off of one win, when he's lost how many before that? If he wants a title shot, he better go up to 205, at 185 he will be waiting awhile and won't beat anybody ranked ahead of him to get a title shot. Weidman has hit his ceiling and not getting any better, younger or more athletic.. nor is his fight iq going to grow. He would have to beat Luke or Romero along the way, both of which dominated him, and beat him soundly. He's the gatekeeper at 185 now, and I think if he fought Bisping, he would get finished by the Brit.

Title contention off of one win, when he's lost how many before that? If he wants a title shot, he better go up to 205, at 185 he will be waiting awhile and won't beat anybody ranked ahead of him to get a title shot. Weidman has hit his ceiling and not getting any better, younger or more athletic.. nor is his fight iq going to grow. He would have to beat Luke or Romero along the way, both of which dominated him, and beat him soundly. He's the gatekeeper at 185 now, and I think if he fought Bisping, he would get finished by the Brit.

Lol at being finished by Bisping. Mike could barely beat old man Hendo, Weidman would destroy him. Think Kennedy easily having his way with Michael on the ground except with brutal GnP and submissions too. Weidman would make Bisping his bitch, wouldnt be competitive.

Weidman would beat Jacare and time is on his side against Romero. I agree he probably wouldnt beat Romero or Luke right now, especially Luke. But they should fight each other for the next shot.

Chris is probably two wins away.

Anthony Smith!!

I think he can survive 1 round and then finish Weidman after he gasses and looks for a way out.

Lol at being finished by Bisping. Mike could barely beat old man Hendo, Weidman would destroy him. Think Kennedy easily having his way with Michael on the ground except with brutal GnP and submissions too. Weidman would make Bisping his bitch, wouldnt be competitive.

Weidman would beat Jacare and time is on his side against Romero. I agree he probably wouldnt beat Romero or Luke right now, especially Luke. But they should fight each other for the next shot.

Chris is probably two wins away.
Why do casuals, noobs and couch dwellers think mma math is relevant to adults and those that actually participate in the sport being discussed?

Anthony Smith!!

I think he can survive 1 round and then finish Weidman after he gasses and looks for a way out.

Really? I mean it isnt like Smith pushes the pace, Chris would not gas when he is just ragdolling the other guy anyway.

Smith isn't better than Gastelum at anything.

Really? I mean it isnt like Smith pushes the pace, Chris would not gas when he is just ragdolling the other guy anyway.

Smith isn't better than Gastelum at anything.
He is at MW at least.

Why do casuals, noobs and couch dwellers think mma math is relevant to adults and those that actually participate in the sport being discussed?

Its not MMAth.

Im saying an inferior wrestler and overall grappler EASILY had his way with Bisping and Bisping barely beat an old, slow, and predictable fighter that was very unimpressive going into the fight. Saying you cant extrapolate anything regarding Bisping's skill levels from rather pathetic performances by Bisping is stupid.

ESPECIALLY Mikes performance against Kennedy is revelant. He got easily ragdolled by Tim and there is absolutely no reason to think Chris couldn't do the same.

Gastelum has at least some wrestling and sub defense, Storm does not.

Chris would do what Tito and Halsey did. Easy takedown and sub without taking any damage.
But Gastelum doesn't have spinning shit

Lol. A WW just moved up after getting killed by Wonderboy and destroyed the whole division, including Jacare Brunson and Romero.

If you think Whittaker and Gastellum are similar I don't know what to tell you.

dumb-idiot-fun.jpg

lol this thread shows me that a bunch of kids never got over Weidman absolutely destroying their boy twice.

He's at least 4 wins away from a titleshot........ He's lost 2 fights legitimately (rockhold and Romero).

Anyone that thinks his loss to Mousassi is a legit mentally challenged person. The ref horribly fucks up and Weidman gets a TKO loss because of it.

You also have dumbasses actually saying Moose "destroyed" Weidman when he literally won by a ref fuck up.

Only on Sherdog.

If he keeps gassing out and they don't, he is not on their level. Stop being scared and go to 205 where you won't gas. Oh wait, he would get killed at 205 fighting guys his size.

No, he would do just fine at LHW.

It's a bit fucked at MW right now, Jacare is a good idea tho

Back