chris weidmans decline

The issue I think is mostly that Weidman was really well suited to beating guys like Anderson and Machida, basically counter punchers who feared being on their backs. He basically had to pressure them and avoid leaving any big counter openings.

Guys like Rockhold and Mousasi were the total opposite, they didn't fear being taken down by the Chris and didn't need him to give up clear openings to work him over.

He didn't get destroyed by these guys. He won the first round against all of them. The reality is, when you're at the top, it's hard to stay at the top. Every fight you take, is a fight that reveals something. Look what happened the moment Machida's weaknesses became clear...

When Chris fought Anderson, he had over a decade of footage to base his gameplan on [Not to mention the fact that Anderson was in his late 30s]. Chris knew exactly what would work against Silva and what wouldn't. In contrast, Chris was relatively new to the game. Silva had less footage to base a game plan off of.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the UFC have completely mismanaged Chris. realistically with some proper management, he could have fought two fringe top ten guys after losing to Rockhold, still only have one loss and a huge amount of hype behind him.

That was just one of the areas the UFC fucked up when they made a mess of MW with this Hendo and GSP nonsense.

chris is getting tired and not striking also like he use to he only goes for a head outside single leg run the pipe finish its a great way to get a guy down but u dont have alot of control and its hard t keep them down if they are able to post there hands to the floor to stand up.

he needs to start doing more doubles and body lock takedowns i think id love to see him go to tristar or att he needs it

I think the IV ban messed him up bad, le'ts not forget all his losses were competitive and he just ran trough Kelvin who is coming from raping the previous MW champ

im a huge weidman fan he one of my top 10 guys but hes been gassing hard after round 1 in every fight he so aggressively wants that takedown and hes throwing weird punches nowadays its very weird if someone stuffs 2 shots you need to stop shooting completely unless u wana try score point at end of round cause missing takedown is one of the most draining things you can do

It's good to come off a win against KG, you negative Nancy

He’s declining tree fitty for a quad dees days

Back