chris weidmans decline

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what do you guys think was the factor in weidmans 3 fight losing streak do you think he was in a mental slump? given he wasfighting the best guys at that time hes still a monster but curious what you guys think

i think it's a combination of usada, aging, and fighting better fighters.

Motivation? He's climbed the mountain to the top, got knocked off and now cba to climb back up.

your last thread got deleted and now you created another more subtle one?

I think the first factor is USADA. Then the wheel kick of death. The beating he got after that number 1 bullshit kick, his mentality fell down. But i like Chris

Animation5788.gif

what do you guys think was the factor in weidmans 3 fight losing streak do you think he was in a mental slump? given he wasfighting the best guys at that time hes still a monster but curious what you guys think
Faced a murderers row. He fought Moose coming off two losses.

Maybe USADA, but maybe not. I think it's more that he was just fighting better guys. His rise to the top consisted of 2 wins over Silva, a win over Belfort (Who has been a shell of himself since he was off TRT) and then a very close win over Machida.

His wins over Silva were very strange fights, but i do give him credit for beating him twice. I don't put too much weight on the Belfort win and the Machida win was impressive, but I thought Machida was extremely timid in the fight and still almost came on late and won it.

So then he has to fight 3 monsters in Luke, Yoel and Mousasi.

Fighting opponents in their prime. 38 year Silva and Belfort and 36 year old Machida are not fighters in their prime. Not to mention that these guys starting fighting when Weidman was in Middle school for god sakes. Yoel was 39. However, he started fighting in 2009. Can be a late bloomer like Randy Couture

He didn't get destroyed by these guys. He won the first round against all of them. The reality is, when you're at the top, it's hard to stay at the top. Every fight you take, is a fight that reveals something. Look what happened the moment Machida's weaknesses became clear...

When Chris fought Anderson, he had over a decade of footage to base his gameplan on [Not to mention the fact that Anderson was in his late 30s]. Chris knew exactly what would work against Silva and what wouldn't. In contrast, Chris was relatively new to the game. Silva had less footage to base a game plan off of.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the UFC have completely mismanaged Chris. realistically with some proper management, he could have fought two fringe top ten guys after losing to Rockhold, still only have one loss and a huge amount of hype behind him.

That was just one of the areas the UFC fucked up when they made a mess of MW with this Hendo and GSP nonsense.

Wasn't Chris already in his 30's when he first knocked off Anderson?

What decline?

His fights with Rockhold and Romero were close until he made tactical mistakes and they capitalized and the Mousasi fight was a weird ending and they should have rematches but of course UFC let another elite fighter walk.

And of course he just finished Kelvin who was starching people at 185.

After this happened, Chris was in a mental slump for a while which contributed to the next 2 losses.

vbsvswn3.png

Only after Luke lost the belt and Chris getting a win over Gastelum he was allowed to be his dads boy again.

i think it's a combination of usada, aging, and fighting better fighters.
I think he was starting to believe his own hype as well, plus being the hunter is a lot different of a mental game than being the hunted.

Just a basic wrestler boxer type fighter and not the best at any one thing in the division. Yoel is more explosive and athletic, Moose has better boxing, Luke is a better grappled and so on.

Plus usada

Usada inspired decline or not, had he been able to fight Bisping during those 17 months of shame, Weidman would possibly still be champ.

Bullshit on the USADA claim.

Chris has been facing monstrous competition. The guy doesn't back down from any fight. He has three losses in his entire career. He fights just as well as he always has, and he's going to be a major threat now that he's out of his slump.

Typical Sherdoggers, claiming someone was juicing before USADA without any actual proof.

<36>

Back