Chris Weidman vs. Prime Anderson Silva.

NO that is NOT a fact! everyone is different. show me a link that proves that it is fact! some say prime years are 27-32

Do you not know how long "half a decade" is?

Who would have won?

It's hard to say. Chris is a favorite of mine, so I have bias.

That said, Silva was NOT in his biological prime when they fought. Yes, skill can mask aging. Yes, fighters can get more skilled over time. No, that was nothing close to a prime Silva.

Sherdogers don't understand basic biology.

Heck in the NFL even the ROIDED OUT Running backs are basically done by 30. Granted, the NFL is more about raw power and speed.

Prime Anderson destroys every MW and most LHWs that ever lived.

There's a very clear decline in Silva's physical ability from around the time he fought Cote and Leites.

Before his endurance started to wane he was able to put on a much higher volume and devastating buzzsaw pace and would fight off the front foot as much as the back foot, transitioning between range and clinch-fighting seamlessly, as well as possessing a much better chin, but as he moved out of his physical prime there's an obvious drop in volume and a change in style to being almost completely a counter fighter. The clear increase in clowning is a result of the same thing - a tactic to distract the opponent in order to slow the pace of the fight.

None of this is a secret to anyone who has followed his career and understands fighting with any depth.

A very clear decline around Cote and Leites fight yet he was “Matrix Silva” in the very next one?

Anderson has always been a counter fighter. His style didn’t change. Clowning never just came into his game due to his “decline” - You’re simply just trying to find anything to back up your claim. He was doing that shit vs Rich before the Cote/Leites bouts

Weidman-KOs-Silva.gif
Weidman-KOs-Silva.gif
Weidman-KOs-Silva.gif
Weidman-KOs-Silva.gif
This fight was when UFC peaked for me. I don't think i'll ever see a UFC fight that will top it.

They already fought and Weidman KO’d him.

Or is Prime Anderson the one where he got tapped out by midget Japanese cans? Chris KO’s that version too

First reply nailed it.

A very clear decline around Cote and Leites fight yet he was “Matrix Silva” in the very next one?

Anderson has always been a counter fighter. His style didn’t change. Clowning never just came into his game due to his “decline” - You’re simply just trying to find anything to back up your claim. He was doing that shit vs Rich before the Cote/Leites bouts

Lol.

Trying to work out if it's that you can't read or just that you don't know shit about fighting.

I guess math just isn't your strong suit then.

i really have no idea what ur talking about.. why are u discussing math on an mma forum? i said to u everyone knows what a half century is! how does that translate into math not being my strong suit? weird

The narrative before the fight was Weidman didn't deserve to fight Silva. Of course, after the fight this immediately became 'Silva's way over the hill, it doesn't count'.
That's just MMA fans for you. Look at the insane 180 people have done on Ngannou in the last couple of days, it's laughable.

i really have no idea what ur talking about.. why are u discussing math on an mma forum? i said to u everyone knows what a half century is! how does that translate into math not being my strong suit? weird

Me: A 38 year-old man is at least half a decade past his physical prime.

You: NO that is NOT a fact! Some say prime years are 27-32.

Me:
giphy.gif

You:
giphy.gif

It doesn't matter whether or not he was in his prime against Weidman.

He was in his prime against Chael and Chael was dropping him . So even if you reach as far as you can to pretend Silva wasn't in his prime against Chris,

Chris was better than Chael in almost every way and chael had his way with Anderson for 24 minutes

Why wouldnt Weidman just use the Danaher leg locks even if Anderson wasn't clowning?

Back