Chris Weidman vs. Prime Anderson Silva.

Silva, prime Anderson wasn't nearly that careless. Even 38 year old Anderson was winning until he went full retard and started doing the limbo while in striking range and not moving away after the first time he got hit.
He really wasn’t winning before the KO

well i highly doubt silva dropped off that much in 8 months so he was still in his prime. he was fighting like a wise ass vs weidman and thats what got him kod NOT being out of his prime!! if u want to say that he dropped off after that horrific leg break then ill agree with that but NOT for silva weidman 1

You're simply not in your prime at age 38 when your a good 10 years beyond your physical prime. Again, watch his fights with Leben, Franklin, Hendo, Forrest, etc. He was at his best and didn't do the ridiculous amount of clowing that cost him the first Weidman fight.

You're simply not in your prime at age 38 when your a good 10 years beyond your physical prime. Again, watch his fights with Leben, Franklin, Hendo, Forrest, etc. He was at his best and didn't do the ridiculous amount of clowing that cost him the first Weidman fight.
Yeah but 38 on the juice will lengthen your prime

Yeah but 38 on the juice will lengthen your prime

He didn't test positive then so we don't know. We can speculate about pretty much any fighter when they test clean. AFAIK, there's no evidence that PEDs help your chin or reflexes, either.

Maybe not, but he also had better reflexes and didn't do the excessive clowing stuff (at least in the Leben, Franklin and other early UFC fights). In the first fight w/Weidman, he was stuffing TDs in the 2nd round and had a chance, but chose to stick his chin out and get hit rather than fight smart. Pure hubris on his part, and not something you can do at age 38. Compare that to the Anderson who destroyed prime Hendo in the 2nd round years before that.

Chris was beating Anderson everywhere before the KO. It wasn’t the first time Anderson tried to clown. He was doing that shit to a lesser degree with Franklin. It’s part of his game.

Franklin isn’t Chris. Neither is Hendo, he didn’t offer a threat on the ground like Chris. Anderson had to be wary of getting KO’d and subbed

This can not be discussed because Silva is a cheater. The question should be honest Anderson Silva vs all of his opponents since you have to assume he did not just start using when he fought Diaz or whenever his first failed test was. That was when he was caught and what is funny is I always wondered how him and Jon Jones made their weight especially Jon Jones because he is a monster and how he makes 205 is crazy but it is all much clearer now.

i can agree with that, i forgot silva is fkn 42 yrs old right now and although i dont believe he dropped off that much for as cw 1, at 37/38 yrs old, he was prolly a few years out of his prime but then again who knows, everyone is different take randy couture for example.

They already fought and Weidman KO’d him.

Or is Prime Anderson the one where he got tapped out by midget Japanese cans? Chris KO’s that version too
there was like no time between those events.

Chris was beating Anderson everywhere before the KO. It wasn’t the first time Anderson tried to clown. He was doing that shit to a lesser degree with Franklin. It’s part of his game.

Franklin isn’t Chris. Neither is Hendo, he didn’t offer a threat on the ground like Chris. Anderson had to be wary of getting KO’d and subbed

I think you need to watch the fight again. In the 2nd round, Chris' wrestling gameplan was failing and Anderson chose to run around sticking his chin out....a far cry from how he fought in the 2nd round against Hendo or in the Sonnen rematch. He was his own worst enemy, and did something that might have worked if he were 5 years younger and still had really quick head movement...but was still a dumb way to fight.

i can agree with that, i forgot silva is fkn 42 yrs old right now and although i dont believe he dropped off that much for as cw 1, at 37/38 yrs old, he was prolly a few years out of his prime but then again who knows, everyone is different take randy couture for example.

True about Couture, but his style was much better geared for an older fighter. It's almost always the wrestlers who last the longest (Couture, Hendo, now Cormier). Fighters like Anderson, Machida and Cung Le need the speed and reflexes that come with youth.

No because like I said Anderson lost to cans in his 20’s/early 30’s. It’s not always about age. Anderson clearly got better as he got older.

2006-2011ish Anderson never fought anyone like Chris

his last loss to a "can" he was 29.

They already fought and Weidman KO’d him.

Or is Prime Anderson the one where he got tapped out by midget Japanese cans? Chris KO’s that version too
There was an 8 year gap in between Chonan and Weidman. Pretty easy to believe his prime was in that gap.

He really wasn’t winning before the KO
On the feet he was and Weidman wasn't able to take him down after the first time. Silva landed at a much higher connect percentage and most of the strikes Weidman landed in the fight were on the ground.

I think you need to watch the fight again. In the 2nd round, Chris' wrestling gameplan was failing and Anderson chose to run around sticking his chin out....a far cry from how he fought in the 2nd round against Hendo or in the Sonnen rematch. He was his own worst enemy, and did something that might have worked if he were 5 years younger and still had really quick head movement...but was still a dumb way to fight.

Chris’ gameplan wasn’t failing at all. He was outstriking Anderson on the feet. I can’t remember him trying to takedown Anderson many times. Anderson must have stuffed one or two but in the first round got took down with ease ate some hard shots and had to defend a submission.

Anderson clearly was getting frustrated as Chris was on top and couldn’t really do anything hence the showboating in a desperate attempt to change the course of the fight. Unluckily for him he got KO’d. Chris was on top prior

Sonnen rematch he spent the whole round on his back and then started grabbing Sonnen’s shorts to land punches and stuff TD’s before finishing him. Fight was completely different

Silva struggled against good grapplers WHO WERE SO MONUMENTALLY ROIDED TO THE GILLS THEY COULDN'T EVEN PASS A FIGHT NIGHT "IQ" TEST. Look at the first fight against Sonnen.

Fixed that for you kid.

2006-2011-ish Silva was a different beast and you know that. Fedor gets a pass for being "past his prime" at age 33-34 and losing to 40-year old MWs. Can't we do the same for Anderson at age 38?
fedor never pissed hot and anderson has 2 times now. the guy was a cheat and his entire legacy is in question.

On the feet he was and Weidman wasn't able to take him down after the first time. Silva landed at a much higher connect percentage and most of the strikes Weidman landed in the fight were on the ground.

Lies. Chris was outstriking Anderson on the feet, beating him to the punch numerous times. The only success Anderson had was about 5 leg kicks

True about Couture, but his style was much better geared for an older fighter. It's almost always the wrestlers who last the longest (Couture, Hendo, now Cormier). Fighters like Anderson, Machida and Cung Le need the speed and reflexes that come with youth.

i dont know if i 100% agree with that. wrestlers rely on brute strength which diminishes severly as u get older however so do reflexes and speed.

Back