Chris Weidman: "I'm telling Anderson Silva my game plan"

great fight also, excited to see how sharp chris boxing looks above all in this fight, nothing wrong with confiedence, wonder if silva will use more kicks in this fight.
styles make fights, chris on paper has a pretty awesome chance of winning, but heres hoping for a silva knockout in the first round

Weidman's demeanor and gameplan are, literally, perfect for a rematch against Silva.

I don't care how much of a mental game Silva had in the past - this HAS to mess with him, or at least warrant a second thought about Weidman.

In before "ur from Strong Islan."

No surprise here. I would imagine that's what Anderson and his camp predicted anyways. Knowing that, he will still be fighting a majority of this fight with his hands down in order to help avoid/stuff the takedown's, but he won't be playing games like Chris can't hurt him because he obviously can.

I'm expecting a completely different fight, even if the winner is the same. I am predicting Anderson via 3rd round Tko and hoping he will have great footwork and his counterstriking will be top notch this time around. He needs to stuff early takedown attempts to keep his confidence high.

Anderson will fuck this guy up, another hype train derailed.

Yeah hypetrain...right. The guy who dominated Silva from start to finish, then knocked him the fuck out is a hype train. Get out of here.

What about the fact that Anderson could not land a single significant strike? Oh wait, a couple less than Pat Barry-like leg kicks landed for Anderson.

Pretty sure Chris just described the plan of every fighter who uses offensive wrestling.

No surprise here. I would imagine that's what Anderson and his camp predicted anyways. Knowing that, he will still be fighting a majority of this fight with his hands down in order to help avoid/stuff the takedown's, but he won't be playing games like Chris can't hurt him because he obviously can.

I'm expecting a completely different fight, even if the winner is the same. I am predicting Anderson via 3rd round Tko and hoping he will have great footwork and his counterstriking will be top notch this time around. He needs to stuff early takedown attempts to keep his confidence high.

LOL, you realize Silva keeps getting older and older. Yet your basing your prediction based on footwork??? Age effects finesse style Kickboxers more than any other fighter type in MMA. The fact that Silva has lasted this long is nothing short of amazing.

Can Silva win? Of course. But Weidman is the favorite for all the right reasons: He is more experienced now, he is not coming off and injury, and he has a full training camp this time around.

Yeah hypetrain...right. The guy who dominated Silva from start to finish, then knocked him the fuck out is a hype train. Get out of here.

What about the fact that Anderson could not land a single significant strike? Oh wait, a couple less than Pat Barry-like leg kicks landed for Anderson.

I did not even noticed the leg kicks silva was landing until Chris gave him credit for it during the post fight interview.

There is a gif showing Silva almost got knock out by that GnP during the first round I need to watch that fight again,

I hope Silva's chin did not took to much damage.

Wont do anything he said, and will do everything he didnt say, usually how that works,

LOL, you realize Silva keeps getting older and older. Yet your basing your prediction based on footwork??? Age effects finesse style Kickboxers more than any other fighter type in MMA. The fact that Silva has lasted this long is nothing short of amazing.

Can Silva win? Of course. But Weidman is the favorite for all the right reasons: He is more experienced now, he is not coming off and injury, and he has a full training camp this time around.
Anderson is the favorite. Try better next time.

And of course if I'm predicting Anderson wins then it is because of his footwork and timing. If he is not quick and light footed and on top of his game with his movement (feet and head and hands) then he will be in trouble.

Anderson will fuck this guy up, another hype train derailed.

I don't know if you know this but they fought Chris won by ko. He is now the champ thats not hype thats real talk. And if you knew they had fought give your fucking head a shake.

isnt that Cains gameplan?? Wrestle when JDS thinks he is going to strike and strike when JDS thinks he is going to wrestle??

Anderson better not use the cage as TDD :p

This sounds exactly like how it played out the first time.

I think both sides know exactly what the other is going to do. It's about whether or not each can impose their gameplan and stop the other's.

Love how the last fight ended. It gave some the impression that Weidman was lucky. That gives me the opportunity to earn even more money on him as a betting dog. Anderson is the GOAT, but he is getting oooooold. Weidman is sharp in every aspect of the game, and his professionalism is what will get him the win here.

After he get hit and hit and hit and hit...... and if he will be not knocked out badly he will go for a Takedown and a Takedown and a Takedown..........

I hope Chris takes this fight, Anderson for me seems a lot weaker than he has been in the past, he used to man handle fighters but now we see him being taken down almost at will in his last few fights, against great wrestlers but still, these wrestlers have been thwarted before.

Back