Chris Weidman Had The Perfect Chance To Be The Undisputed GOAT

Lmao. You're reaching HARD. He was never in a position to fight GSP, Jones, Cormier or Stipe. Then you're jumping to the conclusion that he would've beaten 2 guys he already definitively lost to plus Bisping, who frankly wouldn't even have been a contender without a last minute injury.

Basically you're saying he could've been GOAT if he fought and beat four fighters outside of his weight class who he was never even in a position to fight, beat two guys who finished him, and and also happened to fight and beat Bisping due to a freak injury and last minute replacement. This is one of the least likely scenarios in mma history and is fucking retarded to even bring up.

Not reaching at all, you somehow missed the point ad missed it badly.

The point is that if you took any fighter at the time that they were around, and if you imagined that that fighter had the absolute GOAT level fighting skills and went their entire career undefeated and unblemished, who would have been able to compile the best resume of opponents in the weight class(es) that they were in during their run?

The answer IMO is Chris Weidman - Silva, GSP, Jones, Stipe, Cormier, Rockhold, Romero, Mousasi, Bisping, Whittaker, Jacare, etc. You would have had three out of the top four contenders for GOAT fighter (Jones, GSP, Silva) all in this one resume alone.

Man.. I could have been the GOAT if I started training a martial art when I was very young then went on to beat every fighter ever and never lost.
Reminds me of this...

0:19

BTW we all knew Weidman wasn't GOAT-caliber because he had no aura. They laughed at us...but then...

He was never skilled enough to even be considered in the conversation.

Chris Weidman is the most overrated MW in the history of MMA, the Weidman fans were just too impressed with two fluke wins.

that spinning kick he threw against rockhold was a career-altering move. up until that point he was holding his own perfectly fine and could have gone on to win that fight, stay undefeated, defend multiple times etc. his career took a whole different trajectory because of that one dumb move in the cage.

I have the perfect chance to be MMA GOAT.

All I have to do is best everybody I face in MMA for 10 years. Go undefeated at the HW division for 10 years. And be so memorable that most of the MMA fighters idolize me and look at me as the GOAT in MMA.
Must be the HW division though.

@Typrune Goatley

Last edited:
You must have known that Chris's shit cardio would do him in at some point.

Rich Clementi could have been the undisputed GOAT. If only he’d dethroned BJ and beat Frankie, Gray, Bendo, Pettis, RDA, and Conor

If Holm never lost she would be WMMA GOAT. Wins over Ronda, Tate, Shevchenko, and Cyborg.

:p

All he had to do was beat rockhold, mousasi, Romero, and cormier. What a failure for not doing that
Lol even if Weidman got through Rockhold, he still had Romero, Moose, Whittaker, and Jacare waiting for him. He'd eventually lose to one of them (and in our timeline he was stopped by two of them).

Honestly in my opinion the guy always looked average in most of his fights but he still managed to beat top fighters. It was such an oddity.

I always found it ironic how he complained real hard about Vitor being TST leading up to the fight with him, and then USADA came around and he looks so exhausted trying to attempt more than a few take downs. I mean it was coming from a guy who would effortlessly throw/takedown people to the ground without breaking a sweat. I don't know if it's USADA related or the ban of IV but he isn't even remotely the same guy anymore.

His gas tank is suspect. The Chris is good for maybe 1 or 2 rounds at best before gassing out.

Back