Media Chris Leben celebrating after beating up a washed up damaged Wanderlei Silva

The recent interview I heard with Leben actually was shocking in that he sounded far more coherent and mature than he ever was previously. The guy isn't dumb, he was just a walking disaster for much of his career.

Makes you wonder how good he could have been had he not chosen to pattern his habits after Lindsay Lohan.
Yeah. Some people are slower learners than others. Hopefullly you are right and he has cleaned up. I like being entertained, but not at the expense of people getting their life permanently destroyed.

Wandy doesn't deserve this shit thread.

Didnt he took that fight on short notice? After beating Sexiyama or something? Dude was allowed to celebrate all he wants.

You should watch the fight and get some context about the both fighters at that time before making such dumb threads.

Of course he would celebrate after a fight like that, beating Wand. Wand was still really dangerous.
Imagine knowing you have a fight with Wanderlei booked, training for the fight for months.... knowing somewhere Wand is beating people up and busting his ass to perfect his kick face techniques for the night the cage door closes and he fights you.
Chris is both relieved and happy about the result here.
Even fighting for no money against some assholes in a bar or on the street can give you a big adrenaline dump and leave you with feelings of relief.

"I could understand this type of rush if this was beating up a prime top long reigning champion or something"
You really did earn a spot on my ignore list for this thread there. Is this some sort of advanced trolling, disrespecting fights and fighters of old to rile up people who were fans back then, or are you not able to mentally put yourself in other peoples situations?
Chris Leben at the point of their fight might very well already have put his own body through more abuse than Wands body had been through.
A lot of fellow UFC fighters idolized Wand and still do.

Almost every fighter is relieved after winning their fight and he just knocked out Wanderlei Silva in the first round!
You could understand this type of rush if you had empathy or if you had ever fought yourself.

This fight meant a lot to Chris. He admittedly said it was the first time he was scared to fight someone.

He also said he respected and looked up to wandy his whole life. So yeah it was like winning the lotto.

Last edited:
The one fight that almost made me throw up after watching it. But that's because I took a perc before it started.

Still it ruined my night and i left bww before Wand recovered

lol dam I never seen anyone celebrate like they just won the lotto after beating a washed up fighter who was so damaged and drained like Wandy, Leben acting like this was a prime scary PRIDE Wandy.

I could understand this type of rush if this was beating up a prime top long reigning champion or something

Imagine if Larry Holmes celebrated his win over a washed up Muhammad Ali, Holmes knew Ali was washed up but didn't even boast about it he even felt sad he had to fight him.

Its still not as funny as Mark Coleman celebrating a win over Shogun via freak injury. Coleman acted like he just won the lotto in that fight as well. and then he Coleman was acting like a bad ass like he got a legit KO lol

you salty as fuck bahaha gtfo

tenor.gif

yeah what a fuckin loser, celebrating after a win.

pathetic.

lay off the salt there guy.

Biggest win of his career against a guy who is basically his idol

And Leben was never good, why not celebrate beating someone who is so much better than him ? Even as shot as Wand was

I guess its different in boxing, boxing fans criticize younger fighters who beat up on past prime legends, its considered unsportsmanlike to celebrate in the fashion leben did.

When marquez celebrated after koing Pacquiao he was justified they even gave him an award in Mexico, the President of Mexico gave marquez an award with over twenty thousand in attendance

Heck when holly holm knocked out ronda rousey a feared prime rousey new mexico showed up in droves and the mayor gave her a certificate she partied hard with all the celebs, leben has the right to be happy but its kinda funny how he acts like he just beat the boogeyman.

Also people are acting like i hate leban, i actually rooted for him over baroni and complimented him saying he looked sharper and lighter on his feet than his mma days.

Im a fan of the leben today but not the douchey cocky guy he was back in the day.
You’re making that up about boxing

Biggest win of his career against a guy who is basically his idol
Agreed!

And Leben was never good, why not celebrate beating someone who is so much better than him ? Even as shot as Wand was
I don’t agree with this at all. Leben may not have been great, but to say he was never good is almost as ridiculous as the opening post. His win over Akiyama was glorious, and he would have been a bad match up for Wand even in his prime. Sometimes having a cinderblock for a head and bricks for hands is enough. Might not be fair to more fragile men with better technique, but thems the breaks.

What ducking year is it?????

Holy fuck dumb thread award

Let the man live. He was not the favorite going in to that fight. You get a 1st rd knockout in any ring you deserve to celebrate, nevermind in the UFC against a legend.

War the Crippler fuck Wand

Back