Media Chris Leben celebrating after beating up a washed up damaged Wanderlei Silva

What everyone else said. And it was hardly a celebration. Dude put his arms up and walked away. He didn’t climb the fence and start giving people the finger or run around like a maniac. Actually a very tame celebration. Regardless, he earned it.

I feel that you're clutching here TS....

Leben celebrated a win, and Wand is/was a big name for a long time, regardless of what form he was in. It's not like Leben gonna be disappointed, he was never a superstar fighter himself.

Why not celebrate. But both of these dudes are walking cte posters. Hope they just stop the damage now.

Remember that this was right after Wand's win over Bisping. He also took out Cung Le in his very next fight after Chris. It was a good win.

Leben went toe to toe and brawled with the Axe muderer himself and won via stone cold knock out. Why not enjoy it?

05_Silva_Leben.jpg
giphy.gif

lol dam I never seen anyone celebrate like they just won the lotto after beating a washed up fighter who was so damaged and drained like Wandy, Leben acting like this was a prime scary PRIDE Wandy.

I could understand this type of rush if this was beating up a prime top long reigning champion or something

Imagine if Larry Holmes celebrated his win over a washed up Muhammad Ali, Holmes knew Ali was washed up but didn't even boast about it he even felt sad he had to fight him.

Its still not as funny as Mark Coleman celebrating a win over Shogun via freak injury. Coleman acted like he just won the lotto in that fight as well. and then he Coleman was acting like a bad ass like he got a legit KO lol

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F7fa65e562265c68a1da230cd897eb43b.1000x563x1.jpg

lol dam I never seen anyone celebrate like they just won the lotto after beating a washed up fighter who was so damaged and drained like Wandy, Leben acting like this was a prime scary PRIDE Wandy.

I could understand this type of rush if this was beating up a prime top long reigning champion or something

Imagine if Larry Holmes celebrated his win over a washed up Muhammad Ali, Holmes knew Ali was washed up but didn't even boast about it he even felt sad he had to fight him.

Its still not as funny as Mark Coleman celebrating a win over Shogun via freak injury. Coleman acted like he just won the lotto in that fight as well. and then he Coleman was acting like a bad ass like he got a legit KO lol

You post like Leban is in his prime, or ever had a prime.

For him, it’s a great win.

That "washed up damaged" Wandelei Silva ended up taking out Cung Le and Brian Stann right after (Stann who KO'd Leben).

I would celebrate, too.

It's not like Leben was some hot prospect, spring chicken himself.

Michael Bisping before that as well. This thread is trash.

TS is just now discovering Pride and came across Wand vs Leben. Not many gave Leben a chance to beat Wand and he KOed him rather quickly so good on him for celebrating.

TS wait until you find out who Mirko is and then come across his fight against Gonzaga, you'll be surprised how that one ends.

Why not celebrate. But both of these dudes are walking cte posters. Hope they just stop the damage now.

The recent interview I heard with Leben actually was shocking in that he sounded far more coherent and mature than he ever was previously. The guy isn't dumb, he was just a walking disaster for much of his career.

Makes you wonder how good he could have been had he not chosen to pattern his habits after Lindsay Lohan.

Did ts commit seppuku after the thrashing he received itt?

tell brian stann and cung le how washed up wand was....

No Shogun's arms are good, it's the knees. But yes, a one armed Shogun still KO's him.
the 1 arm was a reference to mark coleman's celebrated win as mentioned by ts in the op. read better.

I remember when the posterboy in the making Rich Franklin got destroyed/crushed by the newcomer Anderson, they "fed" him to Leben next. Than this happened. You can call it a surgery. I even remember Matt Hughes wanted a part of Anderson after that, wanted to line up to avenge the US fighters or something. Damn, that would be ugly thing to watch.
tumblr_lxkckrKpRy1qczqovo1_500.gif
V0Stkbr.gif

Damn what a savage Anderson was

TS is just buthurt his hero lost to a mediocre dude like leben. If I went in the ring and beat a 60 year old Royce I would still party like I won the fucking lotto.

TS is your name Chuck by the way?
Wanderlei was never talking about you. Hate to break it to you buddy.
I guess its different in boxing, boxing fans criticize younger fighters who beat up on past prime legends, its considered unsportsmanlike to celebrate in the fashion leben did.

When marquez celebrated after koing Pacquiao he was justified they even gave him an award in Mexico, the President of Mexico gave marquez an award with over twenty thousand in attendance

Heck when holly holm knocked out ronda rousey a feared prime rousey new mexico showed up in droves and the mayor gave her a certificate she partied hard with all the celebs, leben has the right to be happy but its kinda funny how he acts like he just beat the boogeyman.

Also people are acting like i hate leban, i actually rooted for him over baroni and complimented him saying he looked sharper and lighter on his feet than his mma days.

Im a fan of the leben today but not the douchey cocky guy he was back in the day.

Easily could have gone the other way when you're brawling like that. You don't think you'd be relieved if you won? Have you ever won at anything in your life thats required any risk?

Back