Chris: I'm not afraid of you like everyone else. Anderson: we will see tomorrow

Weidman is going beast mode, it's probably be the end of Silva reign like Fedor.
Fedor should have fought more cautious like when he was in Pride, he could have beaten Werdum and Dan, even Big Foot, but poor Fedor doing Shogun style, brawl and sprawl wtf.

what aload of hype and you all will be so dissapointed tonight, will be a routine TKO 1st round win for Silva and it will be so anti climatix. Weidman has done nothing, he never even fought on a PPV before. this is a total mismatch

I remember Forest Griffin's talk prior to his fight with Silva. This is the exact same attitude he had, it was something along the lines of "You have to beat me in a fight, you can't beat me with your aura."...

It would be fun to see another entering of the Matrix on Anderson's part.

Weidman is going beast mode, it's probably be the end of Silva reign like Fedor.
Fedor should have fought more cautious like when he was in Pride, he could have beaten Werdum and Dan, even Big Foot, but poor Fedor doing Shogun style, brawl and sprawl wtf.

lol

Rich Franklin wasn't afraid of Anderson in their first fight and that didn't stop him from getting destroyed. Silva doesn't win by intimidating his opponents, he wins by being better than them.

Rich Franklin wasn't afraid of Anderson in their first fight and that didn't stop him from getting destroyed. Silva doesn't win by intimidating his opponents, he wins by being better than them.

Exactly.

As a huge Anderson fan, I honestly hope Chris brings the fight to him tomorrow and poses a real challenge. But it seems like he's trying way too hard to convince himself that he's not scared. Every thing he's been saying is about how he's not scared.

For some fighters being not scared of Anderson is the best they can do when fighting him inside the octagon.

For some fighters it help them like in the first Chael Sonnen fight, But did not work well for Henderson and Griffin when they went toe to toe with Silva standing up.

They need to outsmart Anderson like what Chonan and Takase did.

"like everyone else" ???

apparently weidman forgot that Sonnen wasn't afraid at all.

If Weidman wins he should change his nickname to

Chris "I am not afraid of Silva" Weidman.

Chris doesn't seem that confident. Silva has gotten into his head.

#SilvaTKO2nd

Weidman is not scared?
images

I'm sure Silva fanboys are buying Dana's shit, but Weidman didn't fucking say that. He was giving Silva the thumbs up sign for Christ's sake. Looked more to me like he was saying something like "I thought we were going to keep this respectful" or some shit. Hell, go back and look at Anderson's reaction...he almost appeared somewhat apologetic.

And how the hell do you know what they said? You are a worse source than Dana, that's for sure

No. There are couple of options what Silva could have said, but thats not one of them.

1. UFC is the big sport in the world
2. Im veri hapi
3. I come for fight, thats it
4. This is the big fight in the world

uhmm i dont buy dana shit

anderson barely talks english and doesnt understand very well, he always needs a translator on his side in the interviews

no he doesnt, watch the ariel interview, he needs a translator to understand some questions

he barely can say "ufc is a big sport"

Anderson's English has improved considerably. He's gotten to the point where he can speak full, coherent English sentences. Ofcourse he is nowhere near fluent and he needs a translator for more complex sentences but for simple ones he seems to understand a lot. Even at the pre-fight press conference I picked up on Anderson's facial reactions to certain words which indicated that he understood some of what was being asked of him in English.

I find Dana's account of what was said believable for three reasons:

1. Weidman did say something and Anderson did say something back

2. The sentence was simple enough for Anderson to understand

3. Weidman has constantly talked about the fear factor when fighting Anderson Silva

I think it's a pretty cool exchange and even more so because there's a low probability of Anderson understanding things spoken in English given that he's not fluent. Anderson has tried to intimidate Weidman at two staredowns now suggesting that he's heard the comments by Weidman that he's not scared and wants to get in his head.

I think that Weidman believes in himself but I also think he's in over his head.

Anderson is dangerous no matter where the fight takes place, even off of his back. Weidman might win. I doubt it but regardless this is not going to be an easy fight for him.

Why does he keep saying that, nobody was afraid of Anderson until shit didn't go their way. The all folded in the cage not outside of it.

And yes I doubt this is what was said. Remember Anderson called Dana right after Jones whipped on Chael?

Franklin

Chris is saying a lot of shit ...

Followed up by a smirk, ninety percent of the time, as if to say to us all ...

'I think I can, I think I can', and trying to convince himself of it.

He's a talented kid and has a shot, but to pick against Anderson nowadays is lunacy or you're just trying to be a try-hard contrarian.

Im pretty sure he wouldnt put his cotract renewal on hold if he wasnt confident he can beat Anderson.

Of course Dana, of course...did he also looked him straight in the eye? And said he would ruin superfights? And he will give him a rematch at NY? And he will win just because of that straight eye look, no floor looking shit? Fucking LOL, Dana and his hype skills

Back