Chris Hardwick Reinstated by AMC After Investigation Into Cheating Ex's Unsubstanciated Allegations

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score

Thread Index:

Chris Hardwick's Ex Chloe Dykstra Alleges Long-Term Abuse From An Ex-Boyfriend

By Russ Burlingame - June 15, 2018

chloe-dykstra-1116204.jpeg

Actress, model, and cosplayer Chloe Dykstra is the latest woman in the entertainment industry to add her voice to the #MeToo movement -- via a disturbing and revealing essay in which she details emotional and sexual abuse at the hands of an ex-boyfriend.

Dykstra does not name the alleged culprit, although between a wealth of potential identifying details and her own very public life in recent years, fans and the press sites are speculating that the accusations are being made against Nerdist originator Chris Hardwick.

The Hollywood Reporter, The Mercury News and The Daily Beast, among others, have provided details that seem to support that claim, but Dykstra makes no such assertion in her original piece.

Dykstra dated Hardwick from 2012 until 2014, and her description of the ex in question as someone who "grew from a mildly successful podcaster to a powerhouse CEO of his own company" is pretty on-the-nose, for a speculative starting place. The timing also lines up, since Dykstra (now 29 years old) describes the relationship beginning when she was in her early twenties, and later describes a period after the breakup as being "blacklisted from my industry at age 25."

The piece details a relationship where Dykstra's ex set out detailed "rules," to which she agreed against her better judgment, and then became regularly and easily enraged. She describes regular sexual abuse, as she would be pressured into sex against her will and would eventually accede to his demands out of fear of upsetting him or losing him.

Describing eating and sleeping disorders as well as self-harm during this period, Dykstra wrote, "I ceased to be. I was an ex-person."

Eventually, she said, she left him for another man, desperate to get out of the situation and "[clinging] on to the first knight in shining armor to show up." She claims that her ex retaliated by telling industry members that she had cheated on him which, effectively, lead to her getting being blacklisted because he told decision makers that he would not work with anyone who hired her.

"With the assistance of a woman who’d gained my trust and my heart over the past year, he steamrolled my career," Dykstra wrote. "The woman actively made it her mission to destroy my friendships. And she did, because by the time they’d realized she was an unreliable source the damage had already been done."

Publicly at least, Hardwick and Dykstra's breakup seemed amicable enough. Both of them tweeted fairly innocuous things, and there was no immediate passive-aggression to catch the public attention.

On the other hand, Dykstra claimed in her piece that her "nightmare" ex was a "prince" whenever the cameras were on and people were watching them together.

Dykstra wrote that she considered suicide repeatedly in the time that followed her breakup with the abusive ex, and that while she has now got her life back on the right path, she wrote the essay in the hope of finding closure.

In the time since Dykstra's story went live Friday morning, Hardwick has been removed from the Nerdist website "About Page." He recently left the company, so that may be -- or at least be outwardly depicted as -- unrelated to Dykstra's claims. Given her employment for Nerdist during the time she was dating Hardwick, a public perception that this was going on during that time could be an issue for the company to be hyper-vigilant about.

The links between Dykstra's claims and her time with Hardwick seemingly so obvious, some fans on social media are already wondering whether he will be disinvited from Comic Con or lose his talk show gigs, although as far as we know, none of Hardwick's employers or business associates have commented publicly on Dykstra's essay at the time of publication.

There is no such thing as "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" in the Court of Public Opinion, so I fully expects Chris Hardwick's career to be firebombed simply by accusations unsubstantiated by any evidence that the scorned accuser claims to have but isn't willing to take to the cops.

Last edited:
Chris Hardwick Responds to Abuse Allegations
By Cameron Bonomolo - June 16, 2018

Chris Hardwick is denying the sexual and emotional abuse claims made by former longtime girlfriend Chloe Dyskstra, issuing his first public comments since the story broke early Friday.

“These are very serious allegations and not to be taken lightly which is why I’ve taken the day to consider how to respond,” Hardwick said in a statement released late Friday night (via Deadline).

“I was heartbroken to read Chloe’s post. Our three year relationship was not perfect — we were ultimately not a good match and argued — even shouted at each other — but I loved her, and did my best to uplift and support her as a partner and companion in any way and at no time did I sexually assault her.”

The Talking Dead and Talking with Chris Hardwick host went on to detail their three-year relationship, writing he was “blindsided” and “devastated” by the accusations she made in a lengthy piece she published via Medium.

“When we were living together, I found out that Chloe had cheated on me, and I ended the relationship,” Hardwick said in the statement.

“For several weeks after we broke up, she asked to get back together with me and even told me she wanted to have kids with me, ‘build a life’ with me and told me that I was ‘the one,’ but I did not want to be with someone who was unfaithful. I’m devastated to read that she is now accusing me of conduct that did not occur. l was blindsided by her post and always wanted the best for her. As a husband, a son, and future father, I do not condone any kind of mistreatment of women.”

Dykstra alleged she suffered severe sexual and emotional abuse during her time with Hardwick, as well as subsequent career blacklisting, detailing their relationship in a piece titled ‘Rose-Colored Glasses: A Confession.’

“I generally stopped speaking unless spoken to while with him, drifting through life like a ghost,” the actress, model and professional cosplayer wrote. “I would try to sleep in as late as possible so my days were shorter. I stopped listening to music entirely. I ceased to be. I was an ex-person.”

Dykstra claimed Hardwick pressured her into sex against her will and, following their breakup, he “made calls to several companies [she] received regular work from to get [her] fired by threatening to never work with them.”

“He succeeded,” she wrote. “I was blacklisted.”

In the hours since Dyskstra’s account became widespread, Nerdist — founded by Hardwick — scrubbed all mention of him from their website and owners Legendary Entertainment made clear Hardwick had not been involved with the company for months.

AMC faced pressure from representatives whose celebrity clients are slated to appear on the upcoming sophomore season of Talking with Chris Hardwick, saying they now felt “very uncomfortable” being tied to Hardwick amid the damning allegations.

The representatives then urged the network to pull or at least delay season 2 of Talking until the claims could be thoroughly investigated. Upcoming celebrity guests include Donald Glover and Chris Pratt.

The second season of the talk show is scheduled to premiere this Sunday on AMC.

Hardwick, the longtime host of live Walking Dead-centric aftershow Talking Dead, also found himself boycotted by some viewers who called for him to be replaced by fan-favorite guest Yvette Nicole Brown.

AMC has not yet issued a comment on the controversy.

“PS: To the man who tried to ruin my future: A sincere and heartfelt apology could have made my last four years a hell of a lot easier,” Dykstra wrote, concluding her piece.

“The person I used to date would try to sue me due to pride- I would not recommend it. I have audio/video that will support and prove many of the things I’ve stated in this post. I’ve chosen not to include it for your sake, in the hopes that the person you’ve become will do the right thing.”

You can read Dykstra's account in full here.

http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2018/06/16/chris-hardwick-responds-to-abuse-allegations/

Last edited:

Last edited:
Well he's screwed. Doesn't matter if it can be substantiated or not.

Fuck that piece of shit and his lame shows.

Only idiots automatically believe ANYONE.

Think of all your friends and loved ones. Think of the lies every one of them has told at some point... But go on and automatically believe some stranger if you would like.

Sherdog mentally, emotionally, sexually abused me. All of the mods participated in it too.

#truth
#metoo
#tears

please fire them all and make me the new Sherdog.

The only thing that is apparent is her releasing a public statement was for revenge purposes. Now how much she put a spin on things or how big of a dick Hardwick was is a complete guess. Most likely this wasn't made up and pulled out of her ass and Hardwick is just a weird guy behind closed doors. Clearly this was done for revenge to damage him. According to her he struck first trying to blacklist her. Either way she most likely struck a fatal blow utilizing the me too movement for her revenge which will be a death blow to anyone at this point.

This bitch didn't even put his name on the accusations because she knew she would've immediately been sued.

This screams "vengeful ex" and I wished we lived in a world where we actually looked at evidence before taking people's careers away.

It's pretty brutal how allegations alone can spell the end.

Didn’t realize that nerd even had a girlfriend.

Whatever.... Walking Dead is one of the worst shows on TV so IDGAF...

Well he had a nice little run. Time for him to fizzle out again

What ever happened to guilty until proven innocent???

Whatever.... Walking Dead is one of the worst shows on TV so IDGAF...

This is about Talking Dead though so why the fuck are you crying about that other show???

Never liked that guy

That's not the fucking point.

Fuck that piece of shit and his lame shows.

Man, I wish there was something you did so I could say the same shit to you.

Agreed. The Court of Public Opinion outweighs the actual court nowadays.

Tell me about it. The SC rules in favor of the bakery owner vs. the gay couple, and immediately a What Would You Do episode comes out highlighting owners telling gays they can’t get service. Which I can’t help but feel is the main stream media aiming at the Supreme Court’s decision.

I wouldn't mind it, just so he could be honest about what a shit show TWD is, and how everyone behind the scenes knows it.

I don't know what to believe, though Hardwick makes more sense. I kind of want to believe him, regardless if hes entertaining or not. This is the dudes career, who cares if he's annoying. She seems like an emotional wreck, and it's hard to believe someone in that state.

Back