Chris Eubank jr is the worst match up for GGG

That fight would never happen. Jr would ask for 400m then say GGG ducked him. Guarantee when it comes to fight groves in the torn he will pull out

He's not beating Yildirim

i think avni is a good live bet after the speed and movement of eubank clearly wins him the first three rounds and he might be offered +800.

yildirim could possibly wear down chris later in the fight as eubank jr has never faced this kind of pressure and strength from a legit 160 or 168 whic is essentially what happened in the periban fight. and there is also ahmet oner who i wouldnt trust in regards to the judges and ref in germany when there is almost 25mm on the line. wouldnt be surprised to see a dq or point deductions

How is it suspect? He throws a crazy amount of punches. Watch his last fight. 12 rounds of fury.

Ok, better phrasing: "doesn't manage himself over 12 rounds very well."

Either way, GGG's pressure behind the jab would make him wilt.

By his own promoter's admission he pissed that fight away last year. Even if he got the fight and won people would just say he waited till GGG started to decline.

At a press conference Eddie Hearn turned to the Eubanks and blew the cover on their excuse about the broadcasting or something like that (iirc). They want nothing to do with Golovkin. Maybe now is different.

He's tied up for the foreseeable future but I agree he'd give Gennady fits.

He's tied up for the foreseeable future but I agree he'd give Gennady fits.

Based on what, pray? Being outfoxed by Billie-Joe Saunders or 'cos he's beaten up a string of Latvian binmen?

Or d'you mean "If Gennady was tied up then Eubank would give GGG fits"? 'Cos even then I think Junior would be hard-pushed.

Based on what, pray? Being outfoxed by Billie-Joe Saunders or 'cos he's beaten up a string of Latvian binmen?

Or d'you mean "If Gennady was tied up then Eubank would give GGG fits"? 'Cos even then I think Junior would be hard-pushed.
Admittedly he shit the bed vs BJS but he's been looking pretty diesel since.

Admittedly he shit the bed vs BJS but he's been looking pretty diesel since.

"Looking diesel" versus what, though? Nick Blackwell? Arthur "I needed two goes to properly beat Paul Smith" Abraham? That Aussie novice?

I sat ringside & watched him get befuddled—literally befuddled—by simple changes of lateral movement & a quick snappy jab when Saunders beat him (until, of course, BJS ran out of gas), & his string of victories over knockover jobs & shot has-beens has not convinced me he's suddenly morphed into the second coming of Marvin Hagler (not saying you'd need to be Marvin Hagler to beat GGG, but FFS the man's just at the very least has gone even with Danny Jacobs & Canelo, fighters millions of light-years in advance of anyone that Eubank's ever stepped in the ring with).

i think avni is a good live bet after the speed and movement of eubank clearly wins him the first three rounds and he might be offered +800.

yildirim could possibly wear down chris later in the fight as eubank jr has never faced this kind of pressure and strength from a legit 160 or 168 whic is essentially what happened in the periban fight. and there is also ahmet oner who i wouldnt trust in regards to the judges and ref in germany when there is almost 25mm on the line. wouldnt be surprised to see a dq or point deductions
this is what I'm thinking. Yildirim is a pretty basic pressure fighter, but that's all you need to be sometimes. Of what I've seen of Eubank Jr., he's got a suspect gas tank and mostly just relies on flurries. Yildirim seems to have a good chin and he's a decent pressure fighter, I think he loses the first rounds and just takes it to Eubank late. Eubank's defense isn't great either, so I think he gets beat up.

Whos this yildirim guy
a Turkish fighter he's facing in the WBSS (October 7). Not a big name, but of what I've seen, pretty big guy, pressure fighter, good chin and stamina, respectable ammy career. I think he wears out Eubank Jr. late.

chris-eubank-jr-boxing-middleweight_3366637.jpg

Assuming GGG doesn't retire after the canelo fight. I think this fight is the most exciting to make. Probably can do 60k + at Wembley. Eubank Jr has crazy stamina and great hand speed and combinations. He does get hit when he's throwing punches but he can also be very hard too hit when he's sitting back and he has a great chin as well. GGG is slowing down a bit and relying on his Chin too much nowadays and Jr won't punch himself out or tire so early. After he wins the WBSS, people will be talking much more about this fight. He first fight is this Saturday I believe should be a good one!

It’ll be exciting whilst it lasts. I reckon Eubank has early success but he’s way too open to last 12 rounds. He’d get stopped mid-late rounds imo.

Sometimes I miss quality in todays trash talking. Like this here:

You never gonna make it to the light heavyweight, because first you have to get through me.

That'll be an easy test.

Oh ok...Action, action...put the name on the contract.

Laughed my arse off when he called hagler a midget in the presser. He paid for it though!

Last edited:
this is what I'm thinking. Yildirim is a pretty basic pressure fighter, but that's all you need to be sometimes. Of what I've seen of Eubank Jr., he's got a suspect gas tank and mostly just relies on flurries. Yildirim seems to have a good chin and he's a decent pressure fighter, I think he loses the first rounds and just takes it to Eubank late. Eubank's defense isn't great either, so I think he gets beat up.

40/1 rounds 10-12. i also played round 12 at 101/1. im hoping to live bet yildirim at +700 or 800 sometime early in the fight

"Looking diesel" versus what, though? Nick Blackwell? Arthur "I needed two goes to properly beat Paul Smith" Abraham? That Aussie novice?

I sat ringside & watched him get befuddled—literally befuddled—by simple changes of lateral movement & a quick snappy jab when Saunders beat him (until, of course, BJS ran out of gas), & his string of victories over knockover jobs & shot has-beens has not convinced me he's suddenly morphed into the second coming of Marvin Hagler (not saying you'd need to be Marvin Hagler to beat GGG, but FFS the man's just at the very least has gone even with Danny Jacobs & Canelo, fighters millions of light-years in advance of anyone that Eubank's ever stepped in the ring with).

Well, the SMW tourney should be interesting, you obviously expect Groves to lick him, time will tell.

I'd like to give you the "longest time spent within the brackets" award.

I also agree with what you say.

Dude was a good boxer but is a complete nutcase and an absolutely uneducated idiot.

Don't forget he killed two people.

One in combat.
One with his car.

Don't forget he killed two people.

One in combat.
One with his car.

If you are referring to Mike Watson then he is not dead. Also with the accident he was only fined 250 pounds which seems to indicate it was an unfortunate accident.

Back