Chris Cornell, lead singer of Soundgarden, dies at 52

Suicide suspected. Damn...

Last year he had a acoustic solo gig near where I live and I was too lazy to go....damn..,

One of those guys I never heard anyone say a bad thing about. Hadn't seen recent pictures of him in a while and now that I have, yeah he was looking pretty rough recently.

It's official:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...cornell-dies-age-52-representative/101821468/

"The death of Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell has been ruled a suicide by the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office.

"The Medical Examiner has completed the autopsy on 52-year-old Chris Cornell, the Soundgarden musician who died last night in Detroit, the agency's statement read. "The cause of death has been determined as hanging by suicide. A full autopsy report has not yet been completed. There is no additional information at this time."

Damn.

I’ve been bumping SG all morning! His music will live forever!

One fantastic song writer… Amazing Artist...

It's official:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...cornell-dies-age-52-representative/101821468/

"The death of Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell has been ruled a suicide by the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office.

"The Medical Examiner has completed the autopsy on 52-year-old Chris Cornell, the Soundgarden musician who died last night in Detroit, the agency's statement read. "The cause of death has been determined as hanging by suicide. A full autopsy report has not yet been completed. There is no additional information at this time."

Damn.
Wow. I don't know what to say.

My favourite singer in my favourite band..
It's taken awhile for me to get my head around this.
It seems he hung himself.
Whatever drove him to do this, whatever dark place he was in, I just feel there could have been some help.
I see him as one of the greatest rock singers ever and I'm fucking crushed.
A part of me feels lost now.

But that's just me..
My thoughts are for his 2 girls and his son..
Same as what I have and his eldest is around the same age as mine. She was 18 yesterday.
I feel so bad for them now having to deal with this.
Family is everything.
Bloods thicker than water and family is thicker than blood..

Rest in peace Chris ..

d605d36f6c462eae257e57fe18b3a5e6.jpg

Last edited:
Oh sh*t, this stuff rocks…

Never gave AudioSlave a chance, which is odd now that I think about it… love RATM, love Chris… just didn’t think much of a potential mashup. Damn, I was wrong… yes, more music of his to study!

My buddy and I were debating a couple months back Cornell vs Kotzen. My argument was, I believe Chris is the better song writer, where Kotzen is a better singer, guitar player. We were talking about how amazing it would be if Kotzen covered Cornell songs until I heard the Audioslave cover he did a couple months back… some things are left better to imagination.

In any case, no comparison. Two totally different players from two totally different places. The only reason it came up, was because every time we listen to Kotzen, someone asks “is that Chris Cornell?”

No, it’s not, but I love him too!

Oh sh*t, this stuff rocks…

Never gave AudioSlave a chance, which is odd now that I think about it… love RATM, love Chris… just didn’t think much of a potential mashup. Damn, I was wrong… yes, more music of his to study!

My buddy and I were debating a couple months back Cornell vs Kotzen. My argument was, I believe Chris is the better song writer, where Kotzen is a better singer, guitar player. We were talking about how amazing it would be if Kotzen covered Cornell songs until I heard the Audioslave cover he did a couple months back… some things are left better to imagination.

In any case, no comparison. Two totally different players from two totally different places. The only reason it came up, was because every time we listen to Kotzen, someone asks “is that Chris Cornell?”

No, it’s not, but I love him too!
The first Audioslave album was great not a filler song on the whole album it's up there next to Superunknown for me.

Was never a big Soundgarden fan, skipped the grunge era throughout high school.

Audioslave just seemed to be a way better fit for his voice. He could just let loose and the bombastic sound of the group complimented him IMO

RIP.

Kurt, Layne, Scott and now Chris. Fuck, all the singers I grew up listening to are going away.
Shannon Hoon too , lead vocalist of Blind Melon . All bands I listened to as a teen .

Fortunately Eddie Vedder is still alive and most likely not to follow

Fortunately Eddie Vedder is still alive and most likely not to follow

God took the wrong surviving lead singer of the Seattle grunge scene big 4.

Kidding. Just some dark humor. Though PJ always left me cold, hope Vedder lives a long life.

But shocked and saddened by the loss of the great Chris Cornell. Soundgarden were the kings of those four bands, IMO. Especially in retrospect.

Back