Chris Benoit a decade later.

Having personally known somebody that was killed by their father, then the father killed the mother and then himself . . . I can't even understand anybody trying to defend him in any way. Fuck that. And fuck him.

Having personally known somebody that was killed by their father, then the father killed the mother and then himself . . . I can't even understand anybody trying to defend him in any way. Fuck that. And fuck him.
Because context. It arguably wasnt "him" that commited those murders. He gave his life to the business, which included frequent head trauma, steroid use, etc. The same type of behavior that fans praised him for, may have also contributed to his family's death. If it is the case that those factors played a significant role in what happened, then a judgement on him is a judgement on the business which encouraged those behaviors. Point being, its not a black and white issue.

Because context. It arguably wasnt "him" that commited those murders. He gave his life to the business, which included frequent head trauma, steroid use, etc. The same type of behavior that fans praised him for, may have also contributed to his family's death. If it is the case that those factors played a significant role in what happened, then a judgement on him is a judgement on the business which encouraged those behaviors. Point being, its not a black and white issue.
Uh no, it was him. And he is trash. Bye.

Uh no, it was him. And he is trash. Bye.
Not even trying to debate you. And I mean no disrespect to those who've been affected by this, but IMO there were clearly more factors at play here than just Benoit being a POS that up and decided to murder his family.

Not even trying to debate you. And I mean no disrespect to those who've been affected by this, but IMO there were clearly more factors at play here than just Benoit being a POS that up and decided to murder his family.
The guy who killed my friend and her mother before killing himself also suffered from illnesses before he did what he did. Changes nothing for me. What happened still happened and he was the one who did it.

You'd say he still needs to be accountable had he not killed himself?

You'd say he still needs to be accountable had he not killed himself?
Yes...we are all ultimately accountable for our own actions. But to simply it to "f him, he's just a POS" type of stance, isn't representative of what likely was the actual cause(or at least, played a role) of what happened. Furthermore, it does nothing to prevent similar occurrences from happening in the future(eg, there's a reason chair shots to the head are non-existent anymore). Someone with as close of a connection to such a thing as Kardashians, though, isn't going to be able to separate that from bias due to personal experience. And I'm not saying that as if it's a bad thing, either.

Yes...we are all ultimately accountable for our own actions. But to simply it to "f him, he's just a POS" type of stance, isn't representative of what likely was the actual cause(or at least, played a role) of what happened. Furthermore, it does nothing to prevent similar occurrences from happening in the future(eg, there's a reason chair shots to the head are non-existent anymore). Someone with as close of a connection to such a thing as Kardashians, though, isn't going to be able to separate that from bias due to personal experience. And I'm not saying that as if it's a bad thing, either.

Pretty sure I agree. I can really understand it being difficult for her to separate emotions from logic.

He was a boring, dull, overrated midcarder
Never understood why people liked him when he was alive(the few that did), dont understand why people try to act like he was so amazing now

Which wrestlers matches do you actually enjoy watching?

I never had any emotional attachment to Chris Benoit. He was good but he was never someone that I had to watch on TV. His run 2004 exposed him for what he was, a good mat wrestler who doesn't have the charisma or personality to be a top guy, which is why I always saw Eddie as better than him. As far as what he did, he's a POS and I can't enjoy his matches anymore.

Hard to say his run in 04 "exposed" him considering he was booked like shit. It wasn't necessarily his fault.

As far as my opinion on Benoit goes, he was a favorite of mine growing up. I was a fan from when I was 5 years old. First Benoit match I remember watching was the retirement match against Kevin Sullivan. I was a big fan all the way until he died. His death really turned me off from watching wrestling. I didn't watch at all from 08-mid 2015

I can never defend him though like some people in this thread are. At the end of the day he committed fucking awful things and its hard to celebrate his career. I 100% believe he should never be inducted into the hall of fame.

That being said its not hard for me to go back and watch his matches from time to time. He was still easily one of, if not the best in ring performer ever. I can watch his matches with Guerrero, Malenko, and Angle all day. Not hard for me to separate the performer from the person.

I'm not going to let childhood emotions get in the way. He string up his son to death with a cable cord. Fuck whatever he had. If there's a hell I hope his burning.

As a wrestler one of the best
As a person in the end scum for what he did took two innocent lives away

As a wrestler one of the best
As a person in the end scum for what he did took two innocent lives away
this, dude was an incredible worker, one of the best but something was terribly wrong in his head

Back