Chris Benoit a decade later. | Page 3

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling Discussion' started by savemgs, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Pliny Pete
    I didnt know they were still unsolved
    Is there a reward?

Minotauro Rex and TheGZA like this.
  2. tec87 Who the F*** is Sean?

tec87
    Thread asks for people's opinion of Benoit 10yrs later. Guy gives his honest opinion of Benoit and is attacked for saying he wasn't a fan, etc
    [<diva2]

3. SocraticMethod Winged Eagle Belt

SocraticMethod
    Benoit was one of my favorites. He was the only non-nWo guy in WCW back then that I liked. He was one of my favorites when he came to WWE and him winning the title at WM 20 was one of my all-time favorite moments. I'm not going to pretend to know what happened inside him that night, how he got there, or the role that physical damage to his brain and/or whatever substances had, because I don't know anything about any of that. I read somewhere that his postmortum tests showed that he was on borrowed time and that his heart wouldn't have held up much longer. I just wish he had dropped dead of a heart attack before that so Nancy and his little boy would still be around.

jamesmiller14 likes this.
  4. sleepwalk pork roll, egg and cheese belt

sleepwalk
    Excellent analysis and it keeps with the prevailing school of thought regarding family annihilators and their psych profiles.

5. bandicoot Black Belt

bandicoot
    Don't ever post anything that long again.

6. jamesmiller14 Hoosier Daddy

jamesmiller14
    Whatever it takes man. My two longest posts on Sherdog was this and an analysis of when mankind beat the Rock for the belt on Raw in 1998. Just describing how badass it was and everything that led up to it that made it so epic.

It's been a lot of time on that one, it was disappointed that it didn't get a lot of love.

7. jamesmiller14 Hoosier Daddy

jamesmiller14
    My thought was there probably is not a ton of people out there that sought out every piece of information on this case, but we're still interested in it.

I remember at the same time the election in 2008 was going on, I guess a year or so after the murders, I was looking up all of the news reports on YouTube. A lot of the comments at the time where pretty basic, a lot of what you find here in this thread of "oh it was steroids" or "oh it was concussions" and it never occurred to me that it could be that simple. So I kept digging and Digging.

In the last four or five years a lot of information is come out, a lot of things to the podcast world and shoot videos. I finally felt confident enough that I had drawn my own conclusion, and I've been sitting on it for a while now. Maybe 2 weeks ago I watched a shoot interview with Mike Graham and all it did was solidify my conclusion.

So when I saw this thread title pop up, I thought I might share it. Never thought it would go so long but it was needed.

8. Minotauro Rex ‘17 Sherdogger of the Year

Minotauro Rex
    I liked him as a kid, he was one of my favorites.

Should of just killed himself and left his family out of it.

A_bomb47 and GSPSAKU like this.
  9. chubbman Yellow Card

chubbman
    I can enjoy a Benoit match without thinking of what he did. If he'd of just only killed a women he'd be in the HOF... like snuka

10. savemgs Brown Belt

savemgs
    [​IMG]

11. savemgs Brown Belt

savemgs

The sad thing is Woman AKA Nancy Benoit Professional wrestling career has been erased as well.
    She was dame good.

12. Killswitch91 Brown Belt

Killswitch91
    According to Nancy's sister, the autopsy found that his heart had grown like, 3 times the size and that he only had roughly ten months left to live. If anyone is interested, Jericho had Nancy's sister, Sandra Toffoloni on Talk is Jericho. Shit gets pretty disturbing pretty quick.

As fucked up as it might sound, I'd rather he had just had his heart explode and gone out a hero of the business, Nancy and Daniel still alive rather than how it did end.

I can't watch his stuff anymore. The knowledge of how his final days were spend makes it almost impossible.

13. TheStruggle Yellow Card

TheStruggle
    I never had any emotional attachment to Chris Benoit. He was good but he was never someone that I had to watch on TV. His run 2004 exposed him for what he was, a good mat wrestler who doesn't have the charisma or personality to be a top guy, which is why I always saw Eddie as better than him. As far as what he did, he's a POS and I can't enjoy his matches anymore.

14. Frank23 Gold Belt

Frank23

15. GSPSAKU Purple Belt

GSPSAKU
    Late to the party but unlike many, I can still enjoy Chris Benoit matches. Heck, with Angle's return and HOF inductee, I went back and watched my favorite American pro wrestling match of the 2000s, Angle/Benoit RR'03. Damn, still a heck of a match and I enjoyed it every bit as much as I did 14 years ago. With that said, my wife doesn't care for pro wrestling and and she was in the same room while I watched the match. After the match, I'm talking to myself out loud saying "Damn, what a match."

"Is that that guy who's crying in the ring the guy that's going into the Hall of Fame?", my wife asks. I thought about it for a second and replied that it was the other guy who already went backstage. I then thought about Chris Benoit and reaffirmed that while I can still enjoy the heck out of many Benoit matches, I cannot see him inducted nor do I believe he SHOULD ever be inducted. I can't imagine anyone going up giving a speech talking about what a great person he was or even what a great wrestler he was in front of everyone when we all know he killed his wife and his son. Sort of a paradox but that's how I feel about watching Benoit.

PS, I tend to think the same as James Miller and a fantastic post. I, for one, appreciate long, well thought out posts.

16. savemgs Brown Belt

savemgs
    I wish I was able to enjoy the matches. But I just can't do it

17. KojiW Purple Belt

KojiW
    lol.

Rassling was in the toilet when Bret hart was the champion because the majority of the card was guys like Mantaur, Bastion booger and IRS, and other than a select few guys, all the characters were over the top stupid cartoons, getting away from the Steroid freak days. WWE's business actually plummeted further when Shawn Micheals and Diesel became champs than when Bret was the champ.

Bret's anti American Heel run is one of the GOAT heel runs. Made him the perfect foil to Stone Cold.

That being said, Benoit had no personality and in that regard, he is very similar to Dynamite. Bret had personality and was able to channel it. Benoit doesn't enter the conversation in terms of being comparable with Bret.

gspieler and Dusty Rhodes like this.
  18. jamesmiller14 Hoosier Daddy

jamesmiller14
    I gained a ton of perspective from that podcast. Even better than that, is Chavo Guerrero's episode on talk is Jericho. Gained even more perspective from that.

I would say I've listened to probably two or three dozen podcasts where the subject is brought up and I take a little bit from everybody, but those are the two most thorough talks about it.

Dusty Rhodes likes this.
  19. punkmother calf cruncher fan

punkmother
    a decade later he's still a piece of shit.

TheStruggle likes this.
  20. A_bomb47 Wha happan to you Sherdog?

A_bomb47
    You made it sound like he put in her rnc or something and just held on too long.

That is not what really happened:
    "On Friday, June 22, Chris killed his wife Nancy in an upstairs bedroom. Her limbs were bound, and her body was wrapped in a towel. A copy of the Bible was left by her body. Injuries indicated that Benoit had pressed a knee into her back while pulling on a cord around her neck, causing strangulation."

In reality, he just murdered her.

Pliny Pete and TheStruggle like this.