Cholesterol and Sat Fat

Anyways, I'm done here. We could argue this bullshit all day and it doesn't get anyone anywhere. I'll eat the way I do and you'll eat the way you do. Best of luck.

u2 bro, It was actually fun exchanging opinions and seeing things more from the other side of the spectrum.

Peace

So, are you saying that we've evolved to eat a vegan diet? because I didn't see any traditional peoples on that page that were vegans. They all had one thing in common - a quest for animal fat. Veganism has only become popular in the past century or so, certainly as civilizations and populations have risen. Interestingly, the more agriculture foods we have consumed, the greater the population has gotten out of control.

You nailed it. The agricultural revolution set the wheels in motion to end man's sustainable relationship with Earth. I'm not moralizing this statement, but it's a fact. And yet vegetarians still claim the moral high ground!

Disease Proof: Saturated Fat vs. Polyunsaturated Fat

Scroll down to David Browns response. This has me considering the issue in a somewhat new light, but in the end it's practically common sense. As David Brown outlines with several papers cited that overall nutrient defiencies lead to heart disease. And if it's true that saturated fats cause heart disease, then it's most certain that a diet high in all essential nutrients and antioxidants from wholesome whole foods protects against heart disase to the point that sat/fat comsumption levels are irrelevant entirely. Makes sense to me. How else to explain away so many populations that have traditionally high fat diets that are suffering from far less heart disease than us?

Edit: to elaborate and perhaps provide some more insight on the whole veganism vs carnivorism debate in this thread: It's industrial foods that have killed America's health. People are living stressful lives, and eating far too many foods that are devoid of nutrients. It's not about the amount of calories ingested, but rather the quality of them = nutrient density. It's convienent to blame bacon for coronary heart disease and give Kelloggs a pass. When meat and fat were eaten liberally with the inclusion of nutrient dense grains, fruits, and vegatables, or sometimes animal products in raw or fermented states (nutrient storehouses!) then heart disease is protected against. Show me Americans that eat this way; they are clearly in the minority along with the vegans. How many of you have crocks of saurkraut or kimchi at home? How many are educated about the importance of food enzymes and probiotics? People know very little in these modern times and are suckered in to fad diets.

Too much information alert: I've eaten fermented fish whole. I did not like it much, and I almost gagged, but it made me feel great. And no, I haven't fermented any fish since.

Edit: and Corey the vegan. I have some questions for you, and no disrespect meant.

One: I've heard that bioavailble B12 is absent from the vegan diet. Care to debunk this? And if so, do you take any supplements? Also, this is more of a comment than a question, but I feel that not everyone does exceptionally well on the same type of diet. Veganism might be working fine for you, but what about people with poor plant digestion? What about people that feel anemic when meat is eliminated from the diet? Surely different people have different dietary needs, and including animal products along with excellent foods from the plant kingdom has never been a problem.

So again..What i believe has nothing to do with What i've researched in science, I would be believing the same things If i didn't know anything about the science backing it up. I've just felt the effects for myself, and that is more convincing than a piece of paper telling me what I need to eat.
That's quite sad and it's not a big surprise why people rip you apart.

People here tend to back up claims with scientific proof, not anecdotal evidence.

Too much information alert: I've eaten fermented fish whole. I did not like it much, and I almost gagged, but it made me feel great. And no, I haven't fermented any fish since.

I want to eat this so bad, where can I find it?

I love cholesterol. sometimes fatty cuts of meat aren't enough and I have to toss in some butter and egg yolks to really satisfy the craving.

That's quite sad and it's not a big surprise why people rip you apart.

People here tend to back up claims with scientific proof, not anecdotal evidence.

Actually, I have backed up my argument with science. That's all I was doing, But I was just giving a real life example that could actually relate to the science through personal experience. Which is one thing people in this thread aren't doing, They are simply tracking down well known scientists and documenting their evidence here.

I believe In things where I can get a real life example backing up the science involved.

I've seen pretty little science from you, just links to vegetarian/hippy websites.

When I was a vegetarian, I had higher blood pressure and triglyceride values than I have now. Does that mean that the articles some people are posting are now more believable?

Lvb's link was good. on the same page I found some articles written by Dr. Fuhrman. some good qoutes.

"Most people eating omnivorous diets in America are severely deficient in antioxidants and phytochemicals because of a low percentage of calories from fruits and vegetables; especially raw vegetables and green vegetables. It is this major deficiency that is a large component in the development of cancer."

"But since we are talking here about lifespan and not about success as a linebacker on the Chicago Bears, and since the major cause of death in America is heart disease, it is still true that a person with less B-vitamins, iron, zinc, fatty acids and amino acids on the

I've seen pretty little science from you, just links to vegetarian/hippy websites.

When I was a vegetarian, I had higher blood pressure and triglyceride values than I have now. Does that mean that the articles some people are posting are now more believable?

I've posted multiple studies from harvard and cornell, as well as the china study. On top of MD'S that have reversed diseases like cancer by switching to a purely plant based diet, in order to strengthen the immune system.

But yeah..hippie websites :icon_conf

"As if there are studies showing the consumption of more grass-fed animal products lower cancer rates or increase lifespan?"

I cant se anything in your post that conflicts with that? or maybe that omega-3 is good for you.
but I'm for one is more conservative about o-3's health benefits. just as I never thought that soy was the shit that alternativ medicine said it was and some studies showd.
not saying that omega-3 from animal sources is useless but I doubt that milk is ever a good resource for it.

Hormones in milk can be dangerous

and im not praising saturated fats at all. I think i'd made myself clear about that you can have a healthy vegan lifestyle and you can have an unhealthy vegan lifestyle.

also I don't know how well informed you are, but saturated fats don't only come from palm oil and coconuts.

also that id

yeah I would like that too. but im not a MURDERER!

You have to be a troll, there's no way that's real.

Wow...It's sickening how little people actually know about nutrition, Even the experts. Even the expert scientists and MD's telling us all these things, are ignorant about some major things about proper nutrition. I just really cant believe it.

Sorry guys If i'm being really negative here, It's just I hate people who have arguments from their side..without any physical evidence, or something that we can see with our eyes. Any scientist can write something down as a document, and Proclaim it to be true..With absolutely nothing physical backing it up.

Just like global warming scientists, where Their information is based off the temperature of the past 140 years.

Back