Cholesterol and Sat Fat

anaconda. every one gets fat on an typical american diet but alot of people handle it worse then people in the u.s.

mathias. haha yeah of course we evolved to that =)
the "go vegan" was just a joke. but a lot of problems could be avoided on a vegan diet. but still im not saying that you can't live healthy on another diet. and im not saying a vegan diet is by automatic a healthy diet.

also a note should be taken. people living in extreme places like the escimos does need a different type of diet. and the meat intake we have today in the western world isn't realy comparable to any other traditional diet. in the last 50 years we have doubled the meat intake.

and the meat intake we have today in the western world isn't realy comparable to any other traditional diet. in the last 50 years we have doubled the meat intake.

This is incorrect. I got done reading The Fat of the Land not too long ago and it cited that the traditional Inuit ate up to 6 pounds of lean meat a day not including the fat. And they ate an 80/20 fat/protein ratio for optimal energy and to stay away from rabbit starvation also. That is a lot of meat - much more than we eat today.

like I said. inuits and other arctic people need another type of diet and there bodys have evolved in another direction.

also they die younger and have a higher rate of cancer.
Disease Proof: Do Primitive Peoples Really Live Longer?
but I don't know what years that studie includes. as I said modern western food is spreeding and people like eskimos dosn't handle cheese burgers to well.

and this is of course not a concluded evidence that a vegan diet is the shit. and im not preaching now. but just to show you that it's not about health care of something like that.
The Hindu Business Line : A secret the Himalayas hold

The Eskimo and Native Americans are some of the most unhealthy people in the world right now because of government funded food sources. Diabetes, Heart disease, and cancer are rampant. If you'd like to read about their health on their traditional diet then find some of Stef's books on Ebay. He lived with them for 18 years and then did the Bellevue study.

Here's an interesting article...

Father, 90, shows off new baby - and wants more - Times Online

Father, 90, shows off new baby - and wants more
Nanu Ram Jogi with his latest child Girija Rajkumari attributes his long life and productivity to eating lots of meat

(Barcroft Media)

Nanu Ram Jogi with his latest child Girija Rajkumari attributes his long life and productivity to eating lots of meat
Jeremy Page in Delhi

The world

That guy's an asshole.The world is already too populated,way to make shit worse.

That guy's an asshole.The world is already too populated,way to make shit worse.

Haha. We can all do our part, just get the word out there: "DONT EAT MEAT!" :icon_chee

like I said. inuits and other arctic people need another type of diet and there bodys have evolved in another direction.

but I don't know what years that studie includes. as I said modern western food is spreeding and people like eskimos dosn't handle cheese burgers to well.

and this is of course not a concluded evidence that a vegan diet is the shit. and im not preaching now. but just to show you that it's not about health care of something like that.
The Hindu Business Line : A secret the Himalayas hold

2qv7guf.gif

but I don't know what years that studie includes.

Out of the the abstract of the study you quote:

BACKGROUND: Mortality and disease patterns in Greenland have greatly changed since the 1950s. Infectious diseases have decreased markedly; chronic diseases, suicides and violent deaths have increased.

Are you telling me the Inuit are eating more meat now than they were 50 years ago? Probably has more to do with goverment funded hand-outs of crackers and canned ravioli.

The article Disease Proof: Do Primitive Peoples Really Live Longer? you quoted states that Masia have average life expectancy of 42 (men). This article is from 2001. 2001 life expectancy for men in Kenya was 46 (Kenya People 2001 - Flags, Maps, Economy, Geography, Climate, Natural Resources, Current Issues, International Agreements, Population, Social Statistics, Political System). Whether nutrition accounts for this difference is not discussed in the study. How about linking articles that actually point show the results you are trying to demonstrate?

I'm pretty sure that a vegan diet would be beneficial relative to a typical American diet. But any diet would fare pretty well relative to a typical American diet. But I don't see what the benefits of a vegan diet would be relative to balanced diet based on whole foods and including a significant amount of animal products.

mathias. what does that prove? also what is alot of meat acording to him? the eat alot less meat in india then you do in the u.s. you show me maybe 100 meat goblers from the usa that are around 90 and makes babies.

takeahnase. no I said people in the western eat more meat then we did 50 years ago.

Going green after gray - older vegetarians - includes a bibliography and a related article on dinner substitutions | Vegetarian Times | Find Articles at BNET
Veg out, live longer - www.theage.com.au

the eat alot less meat in india then you do in the u.s. you show me maybe 100 meat goblers from the usa that are around 90 and makes babies.

And this means what? That we're not stupid enough to 'make babies' at 90? Maybe thats why they're so fuckin' overcrowded - they breed for 80 years.....

of course people are not stupid in usa. who in the world would think something like that =P

mathias. what does that prove? also what is alot of meat acording to him? the eat alot less meat in india then you do in the u.s. you show me maybe 100 meat goblers from the usa that are around 90 and makes babies.

takeahnase. no I said people in the western eat more meat then we did 50 years ago.

Going green after gray - older vegetarians - includes a bibliography and a related article on dinner substitutions | Vegetarian Times | Find Articles at BNET
Veg out, live longer - www.theage.com.au

None of the articles you quote actually supoport vegetarianism: Veg out, live longer - www.theage.com.au argues that vegetarians live longer than meat eaters. However, the only factual arguments with respect to why this could be the case are:

actually they didn't know the reason. they state three possible things, one of them is the same as you say. eating more vegetables and fruits.
another one is cutting out meat.

but if you wanna be logic about it you could say. the more meat you eat the less vegetables there is room for. you may qoute me on that.

but im not gonna try to convince anyone that meat will kill you instantly. im just trying to make the debate less one sided. and I don't think you would listen to my arguments no mather how good they were.

but if you wanna be logic about it you could say. the more meat you eat the less vegetables there is room for. you may qoute me on that.

but im not gonna try to convince anyone that meat will kill you instantly. im just trying to make the debate less one sided. and I don't think you would listen to my arguments no mather how good they were.

Hey here's some reasoning like you use.

I never eat vegetables and I'm healthy as an ox. Hadn't had 'leafy green' shit in my mouth in ages. That's what they make vitamins for. Vegetables are bad for you- witness the salmonella outbreak in tomatoes recently. Eat more meat and bread and lay off the dangerous veggies.

actually they didn't know the reason. they state three possible things, one of them is the same as you say. eating more vegetables and fruits.
another one is cutting out meat.

I was a vegetarian for 5 years. I am pretty sympathetic to not killing animals just to have a tasty dinner. But from a health perspective, not eating meat does not make a lot of sense.

I think eating less meat makes alot of sense. for about 100 years ago I would say you could eat more meat then today and still have no side effects. animals is being stuffed with antibiotics, hormones etc that will end up in you. studies have showed that to much red meat will damage your dna.

and about fish.
"In America one-in-six children born every year have been exposed to mercury levels so high that they are potentially at risk for learning disabilities and motor skill impairment and short-term memory loss. That type of mercury exposure is caused by eating certain kinds of fish, which contain high levels of the toxin from both natural and man-made sources such as emissions from coal-fired power plants."

ohh. and hunto you genius. who carrys salmonella in the first place? if it wasn't for an overcrowded meat industry salmonella wouldn't be such a big problem.

I dont mind vegans at all. More people should do it.
That would leave more meat to me. If less people ate meat, there wouldn't be any reason to mass produce my meat. It would all be organic.

Back