Chocolatito - Sor Rungvisai II set for 9/09

Estrada-Cuadras is a stupid fight to make. Both guys will kill each other, take years off their careers. Both should get showcase fights.
Estrada should go in healthy against Little Chocolate, don't want him to be damage goods when that rematch gets made.
thank god you're not matchmaker.

no, but he did spend some time with GGG and abel at big bear for a fight... i think before he fought cuadras.
Thanks , I thought I did see him with Abel at the gym

No, his trainer died just before he started training for his first match against Srikaset and now his father
who was already in his corner, became the head trainer. I never heard Sanchez having anything to do with him. It's implied that Alexis Arguello was the one that built Gonzalez as a fighter though.
Interesting stuff thanks brother

Great news.
If we get to see the other matchups mentioned, It'll be one hell of a card.

I was trying to imagine a fight where Gonzales fights off the back foot and wins but I don't quite see it. It's not a way he's had to fight in the past very often and now he has to do it against a taller guy. He's always used his offense to overwhelm his opponent and he can't do that as effectively against Sor. I think doing a combination of both is the right approach for Roman.

Instead of spending most of the fight head-to-head (which didn't help anyone with cuts), stay back, shoot the jab, move in, fire off a combination and get out. He did that early in the first fight with success. I think the odds will always be against him if he tries to stand and trade without change the distance.

Agreed. He's got to mix it up or he can very well get overwhelmed. And try to slow down Srikaset as much as he can.
I agree with both you guys to a degree.
I think in the first fight Roman started the fight mixing it up well. Granted he got caught while pivoting but his overall work was fantastic, lots of elevation changes, catch and returns, jabs, hop steps etc…I feel like Srisakets unwillingness to get bullied, and the cut had a mental effect on Roman

I was trying to imagine a fight where Gonzales fights off the back foot and wins but I don't quite see it. It's not a way he's had to fight in the past very often and now he has to do it against a taller guy. He's always used his offense to overwhelm his opponent and he can't do that as effectively against Sor. I think doing a combination of both is the right approach for Roman.

Instead of spending most of the fight head-to-head (which didn't help anyone with cuts), stay back, shoot the jab, move in, fire off a combination and get out. He did that early in the first fight with success. I think the odds will always be against him if he tries to stand and trade without change the distance.
I somehow missed that post. You are right, Gonzalez has to reinvent his style and adjust it for this division.
If he manages it he would prove to be even greater, but I kind of doubt it.

He seems to be aggressive by nature, and when you have been built like that after so many years and your head coach is dead...
It takes someone to be a smart fellow or to have some very smart trainers.

Back