Chocolatito - Sor Rungvisai II set for 9/09

Roman and Inoue weren't even in the same weight class till several months ago and Inoue was at the Cuadras fight and HBO pointed him out and talked about him being a future challenger. Inoue wasnt really calling him out either and they both knew they were building the fight up. I'm pretty sure you're just grasping at reasons to hate.

If by several months you mean last year than yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Not the damn time span, just Gonzalez's brazen brush off of Inoue's challenge. It was too sweet watching him get his belt snatched immediately after that bullshit.

If by several months you mean last year than yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Not the damn time span, just Gonzalez's brazen brush off of Inoue's challenge. It was too sweet watching him get his belt snatched immediately after that bullshit.

Fine, you can keep hating on Gonzalez until he fights Inoue, which will happen if he beats Sor Rungvisai (it won't be no easy task). The point of buiding up a high risk / high reward fight isn't that complicated to understand, though. But people were still dead serious explaining how Canelo was ducking GGG. *sigh*

Last edited:
Fine, you can keep hating on Gonzalez until he fights Inoue, which will happen if he beats Sor Rungvisai (it won't be no easy task).

Rungvisai could be a dark horse. His record looks padded so its hard to tell where he really stands, but i won't be surprised if he beats him. Either way, im hoping for that unification fight with Inoue's belt; hope Inoue challenges him too.

Well, as it was pretty obvious in the Cuadras and the Sor Rungvisai fights, Gonzalez is a fairly small super flyweight, which makes him vulnerable at this weight. And he's there to be hit. I'd favor Inoue against him and Sor Rungvisai definitely has a shot in the rematch.

Rungvisai could be a dark horse. His record looks padded so its hard to tell where he really stands, but i won't be surprised if he beats him. Either way, im hoping for that unification fight with Inoue's belt; hope Inoue challenges him too.

No one in or around those divisions has shown themselves to be interested in anything but fighting each other. It's great for us, and hopefully it's proving great for them in terms of paydays. There are no pussies there. Just men willing to go to war so as to move forward with their careers. And we're told the the "UFC model" is the only way to see great fights.

Where do you guys see Gonzalez going if he wins? What about if he loses?

Where do you guys see Gonzalez going if he wins? What about if he loses?

Winner of Cuadras/Estrada (that fight really needs to happen) or Inoue (assuming he wins). If he loses, your guess is as good as mine. Maybe Cuadras 2 or Estrada 2 depending on which fighter loses that matchup (if it happens).

rumor is McJoe Arroyo or Rex Tso, then Inoue jumps to 118 to face zhakiyanov.

Can't speak on either as I haven't seen them fight, although, I know Arroyo's brother and I know Tso is relatively well regarded.

I hope Inoue loses. Not a fan of belts being held up in Japan because of some TV deal.

neither guy has been in a rush to face the other. Remember, Inoue jumped to 115 to face Narvaez,
Can't speak on either as I haven't seen them fight, although, I know Arroyo's brother and I know Tso is relatively well regarded.
yeah neither is gonna be lighting up the imagination, but they're all solid opponents for Inoue to face. With Chocolatito's loss, Inoue's gonna be moving to 118 apparently.

i don't understand why chocolatito's loss is that big of a deal. it was a shitty decision in a fight in which he was clearly headbutted several times. he's 46-1 and should be 47-0.

why inoue decided that the division is suddenly no good anymore because of that fight is beyond me.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/6/7...t-sor-rungvisai-rematch-set-for-september-9th

Woot.

First enconter is my FOTY so far. Excellent matchup. Gonzalez is way more skilled but he's hardly big enough for true super flyweights (the Cuadras fight showed pretty much the same thing). Sor Rungvisai is one bad and tough lefty. Even when Gonzalez figures him out he'll remain outgunned and vulnerable.

On paper Gonzalez should work his ass off and get a well deserved UD. But a lot of things can happen.

Great news indeed.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/r...le-thais-if-hes-asking-for-a-rematch.3498923/

Or maybe outpay the ref if he's not willing to play hard ball.

Winner of Cuadras/Estrada (that fight really needs to happen) or Inoue (assuming he wins). If he loses, your guess is as good as mine. Maybe Cuadras 2 or Estrada 2 depending on which fighter loses that matchup (if it happens).
I agree but if he loses, and as long as he's financially able, he might want to retire. If he sticks around I hope he's able to drop back down in weight.

I want to see an Estrada/Chocolatito rematch real bad. I really think Estrada is something special, he was clearly beaten in their first fight but he more than held his own and at a very young age too. You gotta think he'll only be better in the rematch and their first fight was all the way down at 108, now they're fighting at 115, which is a lot more weight to gain for the small fellas than it is for the higher weight classes.

Estrada-Cuadras is a stupid fight to make. Both guys will kill each other, take years off their careers. Both should get showcase fights.
Estrada should go in healthy against Little Chocolate, don't want him to be damage goods when that rematch gets made.

earns the privilige of eating these all night.

god, Inoue is so good at finding routes to the body. Moving a guys arm with a throw away or simply stepping to a different angle before delivery. Beautiful.

Is chocolatatito trained by Abel Sanchez ?

No, his trainer died just before he started training for his first match against Srikaset and now his father
who was already in his corner, became the head trainer. I never heard Sanchez having anything to do with him. It's implied that Alexis Arguello was the one that built Gonzalez as a fighter though.

Last edited:
Back