Chocolatito - Sor Rungvisai II set for 9/09

Hagler

Man of wealth and taste
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/6/7...t-sor-rungvisai-rematch-set-for-september-9th

Woot.

First enconter is my FOTY so far. Excellent matchup. Gonzalez is way more skilled but he's hardly big enough for true super flyweights (the Cuadras fight showed pretty much the same thing). Sor Rungvisai is one bad and tough lefty. Even when Gonzalez figures him out he'll remain outgunned and vulnerable.

On paper Gonzalez should work his ass off and get a well deserved UD. But a lot of things can happen.

Great news indeed.

Last edited:
I expect another FOTY contender.

On paper Gonzalez should work his ass off and get a well deserved UD. But a lot of things can happen.

That was pretty much the story the first time around, too. I'm interested to see what adjustments Gonzales makes for this. After seeing the first one, this is tough to call. The fans will win, though.

That was pretty much the story the first time around, too. I'm interested to see what adjustments Gonzales makes for this. After seeing the first one, this is tough to call. The fans will win, though.

I'd say he should turn as fast as he can on Sor Rungvisai's right and don't let him plant his feet, but then again Gonzalez needs to plant his to fire combos.

I dunno if he can fight from a distance against the taller guy on single or double punches only. He's gonna have to take risks (and he doesn't seem to mind).

I'd say he should turn as fast as he can on Sor Rungvisai's right and don't let him plant his feet, but then again Gonzalez needs to plant his to fire combos.

I dunno if he can fight from a distance against the taller guy on single or double punches only. He's gonna have to take risks (and he doesn't seem to mind).

I was trying to imagine a fight where Gonzales fights off the back foot and wins but I don't quite see it. It's not a way he's had to fight in the past very often and now he has to do it against a taller guy. He's always used his offense to overwhelm his opponent and he can't do that as effectively against Sor. I think doing a combination of both is the right approach for Roman.

Instead of spending most of the fight head-to-head (which didn't help anyone with cuts), stay back, shoot the jab, move in, fire off a combination and get out. He did that early in the first fight with success. I think the odds will always be against him if he tries to stand and trade without change the distance.

Agreed. He's got to mix it up or he can very well get overwhelmed. And try to slow down Srikaset as much as he can.

I really wish that Gonzalez will manage to adjust his game accordingly and become the boss of this division, but
that's just wishful thinking!

It's almost impossible for him to start using his jab more and become more mobile. But that's exactly what would make him
competitive against guys like Inoue. Not to mention that he also seemed to have stamina issues in this weight.

I don't know, maybe I am pessimistic and he can lead the division anyway.
There's a good chance he would have beaten Srikaset more easily than Cuadras, if the former
didn't use headbutts every time Roman was gaining momentum.

I like Roman very much. He is a Great champion. Great skills, record, heart and he takes risks.
He's fighting anybody any time any place.
I want this kind of fighter to get rewarded for that risks.

Last edited:
Roman can't have the slow start he had last time where he got knocked down and looked like he needed to snap into things for some reason.

This should be great again though. I agree the first is still my fight of the year.

I just really liked how GGG and Chocolatito were on the same card. Guaranteed decent card with two strong fights on each time. I imagine that Gonzalez got moved though because GBP is gonna load the Golovkin vs Alvarez card with Golden Boy fighters, probably see Diego De La Hoya on there, and their own prospects.

Naoya Inoue will make his American debut in the co-feature. The Ring also states that Carlos Cuadras vs. Juan Francisco Estrada may join the HBO broadcast for a phenomenal tripleheader.

This one I'm interested aboout. Pussytito was ducking Naoya Inoue talking about how the Japanese can't "afford" to pay him. On the other hand, HBO kept talking about how Tito was the best P4P boxer in the world... and not even mentioning Naoya Inoue.

Glad he and HBO got a
REALITY CHECK, and now Inoue gets to show himself off to the US crowd. If Tito does end up winning, hopefully he agrees to the unification fight and doesn't DUCK Naoya again.

Yeah, Gonzalez is such a pussy.

<{1-8}>

Yeah, Gonzalez is such a pussy.

<{1-8}>

<Gordonhat> Excuse me, I meant

krewXUB6LBja.webp

If Cuadras/Estrada and Inoue against someone half decent were added, that would be one hell of a card.

Naoya Inoue will make his American debut in the co-feature. The Ring also states that Carlos Cuadras vs. Juan Francisco Estrada may join the HBO broadcast for a phenomenal tripleheader.

This one I'm interested aboout. Pussytito was ducking Naoya Inoue talking about how the Japanese can't "afford" to pay him. On the other hand, HBO kept talking about how Tito was the best P4P boxer in the world... and not even mentioning Naoya Inoue.

Glad he and HBO got a
REALITY CHECK, and now Inoue gets to show himself off to the US crowd. If Tito does end up winning, hopefully he agrees to the unification fight and doesn't DUCK Naoya again.
Roman and Inoue weren't even in the same weight class till several months ago and Inoue was at the Cuadras fight and HBO pointed him out and talked about him being a future challenger. Inoue wasnt really calling him out either and they both knew they were building the fight up. I'm pretty sure you're just grasping at reasons to hate.

Glad he and HBO got a

Well-thought-of Japanese fighter competing outside of Japan? Hmm...

Don't be too confident.

If Cuadras/Estrada and Inoue against someone half decent were added, that would be one hell of a card.
rumor is McJoe Arroyo or Rex Tso, then Inoue jumps to 118 to face zhakiyanov.

My boy Estrada gonna beat Cuadras down! love Estrada man, I really don't get the "I can't watch manlets fight" or whatever shit that you see in the heavies. We get Thai/Choco 2, Inoue fighting, AND Estrada/Cuadras. I don't give a fuck how short you are these are some of the best fighters on the planet going at it. World fucking class. I love it.

I think we're gonna see headbutts again. I don't want to spell the Thai guy's name out but he does tend to get into some nasty headbutts, obviously bound to happen for a southpaw fighting orthodox's, but also he did the same thing with Cuadras and it happened to Roman in their first fight as well. I think Chocolatito will win this time around but that left hand from Rungvisai (there I finally did it) is pretty lethal.

Props to HBO for showcasing the best 115 lbrs when so far they clearly put boxing in the back seat for 2017

Back