Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Slick_36

Bad Man from Borger, Texas
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone playing this game? I got it on PS4 last week and am loving it. Finally won a populated free for all and tied for a duel. It's a lot smoother than I expected. It's so much fun to combo with the bearded axe or hit a clean counter with a halberd. I have it on PC too, but I'm terrible with the mouse and the players are great on there.

Chivalry_THUMB-1417632473633.jpg

My knight build.
37buybv.jpg

And my Vanguard build.
UsG9JABh.jpg

I play on PC. Console is for mega noobs. I do 360 spinning, reverse, decapitations.

I play on PC. Console is for mega noobs. I do 360 spinning, reverse, decapitations.
Lmao I'm totally aware of my noobishness. I'm not even ashamed, despite being smoother than I expected, it's still a very weird game to play. I have always used my controller on the PC when I play on there. Any tips as far as sensitivity or key binding?

I was thinking about buying it when it was on sale a while back but GAF said the game is all but dead at this point.

I loved mount and blade warband. Made a thread asking for a similar game. Is this anything like warband?

I loved mount and blade warband. Made a thread asking for a similar game. Is this anything like warband?
I never knew what to get between this, War of the Roses, and Chivalry. I've been wanting some good sword and shield combat on PS4 so when I saw it, I had to get it.
I was thinking about buying it when it was on sale a while back but GAF said the game is all but dead at this point.
It's not dead. I thought it was lol, but I didn't know how to switch servers and haven't had a hard time finding people to fight since then. There were a ton of people on the PC, didn't look anywhere close to dead.

Its a great DM game, fun not to crazy, lots of death.

I am so bad at this game, there should be an entry in the Smithsonian about it.

Wow, did TS really take pics of their TV screen with a phone?
<36>

Anyone gonna jump on chivalry 2? Releases in a few days
I played the Beta tbh I loved the first ones but I got bored pretty quick on the beta.

I played the Beta tbh I loved the first ones but I got bored pretty quick on the beta.
I've never heard of the series til now. The beta was fun for me. So I pre ordered. Hopefully it gets streamlined and whatnot.

Played quite a bit of the Chivalry 2 beta. Rounds went from some of the most fun multi-player craziness I've had recently to fully not enjoying the game, then back and forth almost round per round.

I think my enjoyment was almost 100% determined by the level of skill the other team had compared to mine.

I'd be interested to pick up the full game though now that it's out.

How is it compared to Mordhau, mechanics and modes wise?

I never got the feel of the weapons, felt unintuitive, but I never gave it the proper attention it probably deserved. From what I understand it had a high skill cap

How do the modes differ? Is it mainly TDM, or are there a variety of modes?

I'm going to watch some reviews when I get home.

How is it compared to Mordhau, mechanics and modes wise?

I never got the feel of the weapons, felt unintuitive, but I never gave it the proper attention it probably deserved. From what I understand it had a high skill cap

How do the modes differ? Is it mainly TDM, or are there a variety of modes?

I'm going to watch some reviews when I get home.
I played a few hours of the Chiv 2 beta. It's certainly possible that my opinion could change after more playtime, but this is the impression I got:

I think they did a better job with the various game modes in Chivalry 2 than in Mordhau. Big matches feel more fun. I think the combat mechanics feel better in Mordhau and I think the 1v1s are better. Chiv 2 feels a bit more intuitive/new player friendly than either Chiv 1 or Mordhau. Overall, it feels a bit less hardcore.

Got chivalry 2 and it's a blast to play so far. The siege mode was cool.

Back