Chins that got cracked.

Bhop would've never got ko'd by Joe Smith. He had one of the best chins I've ever seen and then he stayed a bit too long and started getting hurt by inferior fighters due to age and probably mileage.

A bit too long.

pacquiao-gets-knocked-out-data.gif

giphy.gif

Do they not have routine brain scans in the US for active fighters?
I didn't actually know the answer so I looked it up. Nevada only brought it in 2 years ago and I think they are one of the leaders in the field. I always find it strange that the US can have different regulations in different states but I'm going off track.

Jones Jr
Mayorga
Duran

Edit: In Durans case, he was way past his prime and above his natural weight class, that Hearns right hand would have ko’d 90% of fighters, just brought him up because it was pretty surreal to see the toughest fighter to get bruatlly ko’d like that

Correction: that Hearns right hand would have ko'd 100% of fighters and 50% of horses.

Hopkins who lasted 12 rounds against possibly the most devastating puncher in the world?

I'd like to know when it got cracked considering he was 40 fighting that guy, and lost to a young hungry puncher

Pretty sure he was 50

But yeah totally agree. His chin was iron until the end, not what it once was, but still a damn good chin.

Fernando Vargas by Trinidad
Terry Norris by Julian Jackson
John Mugabi by Hagler
Vic Darchinyan by Donaire

Fernando Vargas by Trinidad
Terry Norris by Julian Jackson
John Mugabi by Hagler
Vic Darchinyan by Donaire
Vargas-Trinidad for me is damn significant. I think you can make a legitimate argument that fight ruined Fernando Vargas

I legit thought Pac was dead in that last gif
I thought it was scary as fuck

Holmes chin finally got cracked by Tyson. Shavers had knocked him down twice. Tyson was the first and only fighter to KO Holmes

Last edited:
Herrol Graham was ruined by Julian Jackson
I also think that Gerald McClellan was ruined by Jackson as well

Am i remembering the fight wrong, because it seemed pretty one sided towards McClellan.

Am i remembering the fight wrong, because it seemed pretty one sided towards McClellan.

No that's right. McClellan was winning fairly comfortably certainly in their second meeting but he still took a few big right hands. They didn't seem to faze him so it looked like he had a great chin. But at what cost.

No that's right. McClellan was winning fairly comfortably certainly in their second meeting but he still took a few big right hands. They didn't seem to faze him so it looked like he had a great chin. But at what cost.

McClellan story is for another thread

I didn't actually know the answer so I looked it up. Nevada only brought it in 2 years ago and I think they are one of the leaders in the field. I always find it strange that the US can have different regulations in different states but I'm going off track.

every state is an individual country with its own set of laws

Back