Chins that cracked.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Sometimes, a fighter who's known to have a good chin can lose his ability to take a punch.

One example is Chisora. He had a granite chin, but after getting KO'd by Haye, he's been getting hurt more often.

Any more examples?

Roy Jones - never had an iron chin, but it was good then deteriorated to shit

Duhaupas had never been stopped before he took a horrendous beating at the hands of Wilder for 11 rounds. Then he got iced by Povetkin. I'm worried about the next time he faces someone who can bang.

Amir Khan, guy had a granite chin for the first fight of his career, since then it's been downhill.

Jeff Fenech
Fernando Vargas

Samuel Peter is a perfect example. He just could not be hurt but after that Klit fight where he got fucking cracked late his chin turned into dollar store China.

Mayorga seemed uncrackable but De La Hoya and Tito turned him to mush mouth.

Jeff Lacy had some damn tough whiskers but after Calzaghe beat the life out of him his chin and his brain never could take punishment the same again.

Jimmy Thunder could take a punch for a long time but when it caught up with him he became highlight reel fodder.

Kid Chocolate had a beard too but I hear since Jacobs erased him he hasn't been right at all which is why he hasn't and probably won't fight anyone decent again.

Good thread, was wondering about this a while back. I could only really think of a few MMA guys like Liddell, Hendricks and Arlovski.

Mike Tyson. After he got beat by Lennox, whatever you need to get back up was gone.

Mosley used to have a chin that he could walk into a firefight with.

I think that there needs to be a difference in this thread with cracked chins and fighters having no recovery. Roy Jones in my opinion didn't have a terrible chin but just when he went down he could never recover. Marquez went down a lot ,almost every fight it seemed, and always came back up and fought even better like getting knocked down pushes his gotta fight button.

Last edited:
B-Hop hasn't been the same since father time cracked his chin hard

Holyfield is an obvious example, the man was taking incredible shots throughout his career then he gets stopped by toney.

I think the best example of this ever was in MMA Lol. Tank Abbott vs. Cabbage

In Boxing though. Atleast in recent history, I’d have to say either Margarito/Cotto or Mosley/Margarito. Paul Williams seemed pretty Iron chinned before he suffered that absolutely horrific knockout as well

Back