China vows to purchase more American products, ends tariffs

Throwin Bombs

Chins fade, highlight reels don't.
@Green
Reaction score
Despite all of the naysayers it appears our President and his administration continue to make things happen. China has agreed to halt tariffs and will spend an unspecified amount on American imports. I guess all the talk of China economically crushing the US has proven to be false.

Its great to have a strong leader that doesn't fold to foreign pressure in office. The winning just doesn't stop!

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-44190169

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/19/news/china-united-states-trade-announcement/index.html

Despite all of the naysayers it appears our President and his administration continue to make things happen. China has agreed to halt tariffs and will spend an unspecified amount on American imports. I guess all the talk of China economically crushing the US has proven to be false.

Its great to have a strong leader that doesn't fold to foreign pressure in office. The winning just doesn't stop!

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-44190169

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/19/news/china-united-states-trade-announcement/index.html
Another win for free trade!

Lol, Both sides decided to end tariffs. Americans and their media see everything through the lens of partisanship and good guy/bad guy BS. Honestly its kinda pathetic.

I had doubts that the tariffs would ever go through anyways. The amount if people affected in both nations would be too much damage.

But yeah. Keep up the intellectualism: "Murica fuck yea, Trump kicked Chinas Ass, MAGA MOFO.!!!"

Im getting sick of this crap.

Good. You have many options available if you are sick of it.

Like what? Im speaking to the mentality on this forum, theres some sharp people and good discussion but the partisan nonsense just ruins it and stalls any meaningfull discussion. A bit of it is fine but when it seeps into everything it becomes meaningless.

Like what? Im speaking to the mentality on this forum, theres some sharp people and good discussion but the partisan nonsense just ruins it and stalls any meaningfull discussion. A bit of it is fine but when it seeps into everything it becomes meaningless.
It's been like this forever. It's all pushback and it's on all sides. It's funny you're bringing this up though, I've seen your posts and you are completely biased towards China.

You even argued that the U.S. military couldn't do shit to China and was hyping up Chinas Navy like the U.S. has no clue with its puny Navy. You are lost.

I’m Canadian and I hope we get a Trump next year.
If every leader fought like this for his country, everyone would be fine.

Lol, Both sides decided to end tariffs. Americans and their media see everything through the lens of partisanship and good guy/bad guy BS. Honestly its kinda pathetic.

I had doubts that the tariffs would ever go through anyways. The amount if people affected in both nations would be too much damage.

But yeah. Keep up the intellectualism: "Murica fuck yea, Trump kicked Chinas Ass, MAGA MOFO.!!!"

As does every other country, its all perception. As an American of course I'm biased towards my country. Making the United States more competitive with China manufacturing is great for us. The tariffs were a leveraging point for President Trump and it worked.

If being patriotic to my nations offends you, find the door.

Trump gets credit for ending a trade war he started.

Are trumpites pro- free trade now?

Good.

Are trumpites pro- free trade now?

Good.
It's a silly question. Trump's views on the issue have been the same for decades: trade barriers are bad, and if you raise barriers against our goods/services we will respond in kind or with other measures until you relent.

He addressed a long standing issue. He threatened a trade war. China backed down.

Good for America.

It's not crap. It was a smart move by Trump and it was widely criticized. He threatened to enact tariffs, because American exports to China faced tariffs. The end result was that China ended some of their unfair trade policies toward the US. That's a win for Trump, love him or hate him, and more importantly, a win for the US.

It was bound to happen...I am not a trump fan but Trump has achieved what the previous two presidents were not able to achieve. He is very effective in pushing his narrative but we shall see if his policies will make America great again or push it to its knees. The national debt is getting larger and his policies are very inflationary thus the result is a rise in interest rates. I am worried that this will end badly but the other side of me thinks he may be remembered as a president whose policies made America great again (atleast economically)

Trump gets credit for ending a trade war he started.
He's getting credit for altering China's unfair policies by threatening a trade war. Are you really so committed to the idea that the guy can't do anything right that you can't understand what happened here?

I think it'd be smarter to shrug and chalk it up to a broken clock being right twice a day or some such. But Trump did well here.

Back