China to bar people with bad 'social credit' from planes, trains

We do have a no fly list. Not the same but not too different.

Not sure you want to start comparing deaths dating back that far, China doesn't exactly have the cleanest record in the 20th century. We ain't perfect but at least we didn't starve millions, maybe tens of millions, of our own citizens via abject incompetence.
Nah man, I was thinking that through something like the Delta app you could rate and review other passengers. Then they could compare that with how frequently you fly, the flight crew could give a review as well, then get a score. If your score is high you can get things like extra pretzels, or increased miles, etc. but if your score is low, that’s lowest priority boarding, lowest priority ticket purchase, up to a suspension from that airline. It could be a condition of purchasing a ticket.

Ok listen I don't necessarily agree with all this but still finding hard to find it evil to the extent that you all do.

You get a shit load of debt because you spend like an asshole, probably better off for you to lay those expensive hotels don't you think? If I have lots of debt and shit credit and cant get a credit card in the west, its going to be a bitch to get a plane ticket and almost every luxury hotel requires a credit card, so no luxury hotels for me either.

Maybe people with too much dept don't need more? To the point they go too far in debt and off themselves or worse.

Who decides what is too much debt?

Lots of rich people carry astronomical debt.

Do people in debt or who say some silly shit online not need to travel anywhere?

First point: Source? You're stating that jay walking in China can prevent you from getting certain jobs. 100% blind speculation, and if you don't know the difference between providing real world evidence and telling stories and speculating then I feel bad for you too.

Second point: While no school completely prevents entry based on race, they stack the odds against certain races to such a high degree that its statistically nearly impossible and requires the person to be in such a small percentile. Like asian students (including Chinese-Americans, how ironic) applying for ivy league schools would have to outperfrom their peers of other races by 500 points and in some schools even that is not enought, they simply won't accept asian-americans. This can be called nothing but institutional racism, by definition it is institutional racism. Thats not speculation, thats facts.

Are you Chinese?

Ah finally, the Permanent Record is going to be a matter of fact. I wonder if burning the right books will build up your stamina bar.
I was thinking it’d be introduced more as a rewards system, with things like priority boarding for a favorable rating, lower priority for non favorable. It could be set up through an app like the Delta app, but you could review other passengers and be reviewed by the flight crew, mixed with how frequently you fly.

Imagine if the US had a no-fly list.

Imagine if that was a wholly unrelated thing, not similar in any way to the social points system in China.

My thoughts exactly. I’ve heard from a lot of people how shitty Chinese tourists are. There are tons of videos online too.
Never thought about the bad behavior of Chinese tourists being a factor. Came across this elsewhere:

The "list" was started, after Chinese traveller to other country started behaving badly and making local and international news.

With incident from assault flight attendent(Asking for hot water, and splashing it back at them) to multiple incident of using local public area as restroom(Adult and children)
Taking or removing local thing, like rocks and stuff from beach(personal experience of seeing a chinese tourist, filled their luggage with rock from a historical site and was found, because of overwieght and ground people ask them to open)

So, this incident, I personally see that alot of Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Korean and other countries that Chinese tourist visit to, will welcome, since Chinese mainlander don't have a good reputation abroad.

Whether the government will abuse it, isn't something that will be known, but probabely more of a question of when and how.

And although it will stop them from using government and public transport, I don't see it being affected that much for local travel, as there are alot of Uber/Lyft type app and driver that most likely don't report to the government.

I never said that the US was perfect, but the US has one of the most self-critical populations in the world, its not perfect but it is what it is.

There is a reason why pretty much all countries in this hemisphere are constitutional republics. And its quite telling that the few that dont, have or had the backings of either Russia, China or both.

Not sure I would agree that it ranks among the most self-critical populations. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other western population that does anything similar to running around and shouting about being the greatest nation on Earth, which you hear relatively often from the US.

Not sure I would agree that it ranks among the most self-critical populations. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other western population that does anything similar to running around and shouting about being the greatest nation on Earth, which you hear relatively often from the US.

About one third of the population is retarded but for such a powerful nation in the end the vast majority seems selfcritical enough.

I never said that the US was perfect, but the US has one of the most self-critical populations in the world, its not perfect but it is what it is.

I definitely do not agree with this.

In terms of Western democracies, I'd say we're easily the least self-critical. Because our society and political system have been buoyed by the greatest economy in world history, our polity is completely and unreasonably assured of our system's inherent stability and functionality. In reality, our political system isn't nearly as effective or representative as parliamentary systems. Also, despite being the most murderous nation in the world in terms of war casualties, we're perpetually deluded into thinking we're the good guys.

On the other side, two similar Western democracies, France and Germany, are skeptical of themselves. Because France is on its Fifth Republic, and has had so much historical turmoil in governing itself, they are naturally very skeptical of their political stability and superiority. Because Germany was the home of Nazism and genocide, Germany is extremely skeptical of its own moral position. Honestly, if it weren't for the United States' racial minorities, self-criticism would be almost nonexistent.

In terms of being self-critical:

1. Germany
2. France
3. Norway/Sweden
5. Canada
6. Belgium/Netherlands
8. Denmark

Japan seems like the least self-critical in the world. They haven't internationally made concessions for WWII and they haven't even acknowledged the Rape of Nanking.

Also, Latin Americans seem to be, in my experience, considerably more self-critical than Americans. You're a fine enough example: can you imagine the backlash if you spoke of the United States and its citizens in the same tone as some of the posters here have spoken of Mexico and its citizens?

Last edited:

In terms of Western democracies, I'd say we're easily the least self-critical. Because our society and political system have been buoyed by the greatest economy in world history, our polity is completely and unreasonably assured of our system's inherent stability and functionality. In reality, our political system isn't nearly as effective or representative as parliamentary systems. Also, despite being the most murderous nation in the world in terms of war casualties, we're perpetually deluded into thinking we're the good guys.

On the other side, two similar Western democracies, France and Germany, are skeptical of themselves. Because France is on its Fifth Republic, and has had so much historical turmoil in governing itself, they are naturally very skeptical of our political stability and superiority. Because Germany was the home of Nazism and genocide, Germany is extremely skeptical of its own moral position. Honestly, if it weren't for the United States' racial minorities, self-criticism would be almost nonexistent.

1. Germany
2. France
3. Norway/Sweden
5. Canada
6. Belgium/Netherlands
8. Denmark

Japan seems like the least self-critical in the world. They haven't internationally made concessions for WWII and they haven't even acknowledged the Rape of Nanking.

Also, Latin Americans seem to be, in my experience, considerably more self-critical than Americans. You're a fine enough example: can you imagine the backlash if you spoke of the United States and its citizens in the same tone as some of the posters here have spoken of Mexico and its citizens?
I would put Saudi Arabia, UAE, Turkey, India, Pakistan above Japan on the list.

It was a mistake to give them all our industry because they were willing to lower the bar and treat people like slaves and pollute terribly. That was a mistake.

I just read a statistic that said something like 67% of airline captains have witnessed inter passenger violence aboard their aircraft. As much as I hate the idea of a social credit system, how long do you think it’ll be before airlines in the US just start imposing something similar on their own?

They already do, you can be banned from an airline entirely if you really push your luck. Meaning you can't buy the tickets yourself, but can try to board their planes. But if you get caught it's no refund for you and you're stuck where you are.

On the other side, two similar Western democracies, France and Germany, are skeptical of themselves. Because France is on its Fifth Republic, and has had so much historical turmoil in governing itself, they are naturally very skeptical of their political stability and superiority. Because Germany was the home of Nazism and genocide, Germany is extremely skeptical of its own moral position. Honestly, if it weren't for the United States' racial minorities, self-criticism would be almost nonexistent.

1. Germany
2. France
3. Norway/Sweden
5. Canada
6. Belgium/Netherlands
8. Denmark

I agree to a degree.

Its easier to be self-critical after you have given up your world power status.

Considering the power of the US both economic and militarily its a relief that their population still retain "liberal democracy" status and can be counted on it outside some blunders.

When Germany was on the level that the US is today WW2 happened and the British Empire literally fucked with the entire world.

Wasnt there a Black Mirror episode about "social credit?"

Nah yo, this aint a good look.

Imagine if that was a wholly unrelated thing, not similar in any way to the social points system in China.
I already had this conversation in posts 67, 71, 73, 75.

CNN pundits are wholly unrelated to Fox pundits.

There is a reason why pretty much all countries in this hemisphere are constitutional republics. And its quite telling that the few that dont, have or had the backings of either Russia, China or both.

Are they really self critical and even if they are does it lead to any substantial change? I think you're overestimating the awareness level of the average american, most are just caught up in the rat race, oblivious to most of their foreign affairs.

Maybe in the 60s/70s, during Vietnam era there was more self criticism, more demand from the public for change. I don't see that level of passion from the people anymore, we're still in the middle east and theres no widespread protests or political movements to get out. I see a tired population too busy with their own internal conflicts, left vs right, religion vs religion, etc. We're overloaded with information, exhausted from the rat race and identity politics with not an ounce of strength and determination or care to be self critical or enact any substantial change to policy.

America 2018 is not the America of the past.

30 million civilians murdered by US military since WW2, yeah you're the 'good guys'. Love how you spread that 'liberal democracy'. Like all those people who were 'liberated' from being alive.

On topic: the term "social credit" sounds odd, but really isn't this about simply following the law? How is this any worse than californias 3 strike rule? its not. Dont be an asshole, don't start fights, dont litter like a jackass, dont cause distrubance in airports, etc. If you do you get demerit points just like you do if you drive like an asshole and if you drive like an asshole too much we take your license away. Same deal.

But the term social credit sounds terrifying, probably made up term by western news with no direct translation to mandarin. But yeah, lets nuke the commies, blah blah.
What about what about what about what about what about!

+10000000000000 this.

Back