China reportedly deploys ICBMs near Russia’s border

GhostZ06

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
“Pictures of China's Dongfeng-41 ballistic missile were exposed on Chinese mainland websites,” the Global Times said citing reports in “some Hong Kong and Taiwan media.” Russian news agencies identified one of them as the Apple Daily, a Hong Kong-based tabloid-style resource.

“It was revealed that the pictures were taken in Heilongjiang Province. Military analysts believe that this is perhaps the second Dongfeng-41 strategic missile brigade and it should be deployed in northeastern China,” the report in the Chinese daily adds. The Global Times works under the auspices of the People’s Daily, the official newspaper of the Chinese Communist Party, though the former tends to be more controversial.

5887159bc361887f308b4594.jpg

https://www.rt.com/news/374874-china-icbm-russia-border/

Thanks to the poster making me aware of this :)

lol@ china-Russo alliance. China only cares about china

Mehh.

It be interesting if it was on their short Western border.

The Trump-Putin alliance starting a nuke war with China. Book it.

Lol. I mean is this viewed as an aggressive act toward Russia? I ask because from my limited knowledge of ICBMs, it doesn't seem like they would necessarily have to be strategically placed.

Lol. I mean is this viewed as an aggressive act toward Russia? I ask because from my limited knowledge of ICBMs, it doesn't seem like they would necessarily have to be strategically placed.
I was being tongue in cheek, but yes, it is generally seen as an aggressive act when you move your nukes up to the border of your neighbor.

I was being tongue in cheek, but yes, it is generally seen as an aggressive act when you move your nukes up to the border of your neighbor.

I mean, obviously. But couldn't they just fire those missiles from wherever the fuck? Why would they need to be positioned at the border? Is it just for show? Let's say, to make a statement?

This thread gs me the opportunity to post this nice picture.

Icbm-hist-en.png

If nuclear bombs are mobile then they are obviously not made in China

I mean, obviously. But couldn't they just fire those missiles from wherever the fuck? Why would they need to be positioned at the border? Is it just for show? Let's say, to make a statement?
They could hit them from anywhere. But the closer the missiles are, the faster they hit their target. It's probably just a show of force. But that's where the threat comes from.

Closer to target = less warning = less time to use counter-measures and strike back.

This thread gs me the opportunity to post this nice picture.

Icbm-hist-en.png

So, as expected the deployment of nuclear weapons appears to have slowed down.
80 over the last 10 years.
80 the previous 10 years.
about 400 the 10 years before that.

Or am I reading this wrong?

Range impacts accuracy. Especially on the cheap ass China missiles.

Back