China arrests CSGO cheat makers with the help of Valve/Perfect World

KaNesDeath

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
****One week after launch****

https://dotesports.com/counter-strike/chinese-police-arrest-csgo-cheat-provider-17619

e37eedb2-ce04-4d96-9fb2-47eeb023af5a.jpg

Valve partnered with Perfect World this year to handle the China CSGO launch. The open beta launched on the 15th of this month. Everything revolving around the game is the same. However some graphical images are altered to adhere to Chinese law(like no graphical skulls on items like weapons skins).

To gain access to the Perfect World China CSGO client. The user must verify their real world identity to their Perfect World account. If that account is VAC'd and or game banned it is reflected on their identity and they can never play CSGO again.

Blizzard won a civil case against a cheat provider in April of this year. Valve/Perfect World took it one step further, theyre sending someone to jail for it.

God Damn arrested him for making cheats? That seems kind of harsh

CSGO is dead.

Don't see a point in starting to clamp down on the cheat makers now.

I mean I have often wanted to give them a good beating, but jail is just daaaamn
It's simple, really. Don't develop and sell software specifically designed to harm the value of another company's viable software product.
CSGO is dead.

LOL, are you trolling @KaNesDeath?

mean I have often wanted to give them a good beating, but jail is just daaaamn

The law he broke in China is apparently designed for those hacking state run infrastructures. That is also applied to online PvP gaming cheat providers. He will probably only face a few months of jail. True punishment is the mandatory five times the revenue fine from selling the cheat he must pay.

CSGO is dead.

Valve CSGO developers did a Q&A in January. They stated their primary goal of 2017 was to improve VAC. One week later they improved Overwatch(anonymous community policing demo reviewer determining if certain players are cheating). Prior, players were sent to Overwatch via other players reporting of them suspected of cheating. Valve nearly eliminated that form of reporting and introduced an automated demo reviewer. Prior to this update roughly 20% of Overwatch cases were of the player cheating; cases sent in by players reporting. After this update 75+% of Overwatch cases now involve the suspected player of cheating.

Spring of this year we also had the largest CSGO VAC wave in history. Shattering the Spring of 2014 CSGO VAC wave that basically eliminated the top three Valve MM ranks.

While true that Blizzards Overwatch and the recent popularity of PUBG has affected CSGO's peak daily players. The daily average online CSGO players total is constant. 3kphilips did a in-depth analysis of this. Basically the casual low skilled CSGO players were the ones logging in the absurd amount of time in CSGO. Those are the players who switched over to Blizzards Overwatch and now PUBG.

Perception of the game popularity is now also skewed with Twitch. High tier CSGO leagues entered a english broadcasting rights bidding war between Twitch and YouTube at the start of 2017, Twitch lost to YouTube/Google. Twitch was once a eSports and personality gaming driven live stream platform. Today its primarily a personality gaming and IRL section. This is why we are seeing certain streamers doubling, tripling and quadrupling their viewers on Twitch in 2017.

Chinese law prohibits the depiction of skulls?

And skeletons. Its not the same as Germany towards the swastika display in video games. More to deal with chinese culture towards the depiction of the dead.

The law he broke in China is apparently designed for those hacking state run infrastructures. That is also applied to online PvP gaming cheat providers. He will probably only face a few months of jail. True punishment is the mandatory five times the revenue fine from selling the cheat he must pay.

Valve CSGO developers did a Q&A in January. They stated their primary goal of 2017 was to improve VAC. One week later they improved Overwatch(anonymous community policing demo reviewer determining if certain players are cheating). Prior, players were sent to Overwatch via other players reporting of them suspected of cheating. Valve nearly eliminated that form of reporting and introduced an automated demo reviewer. Prior to this update roughly 20% of Overwatch cases were of the player cheating; cases sent in by players reporting. After this update 75+% of Overwatch cases now involve the suspected player of cheating.

Spring of this year we also had the largest CSGO VAC wave in history. Shattering the Spring of 2014 CSGO VAC wave that basically eliminated the top three Valve MM ranks.

While true that Blizzards Overwatch and the recent popularity of PUBG has affected CSGO's peak daily players. The daily average online CSGO players total is constant. 3kphilips did a in-depth analysis of this. Basically the casual low skilled CSGO players were the ones logging in the absurd amount of time in CSGO. Those are the players who switched over to Blizzards Overwatch and now PUBG.

Perception of the game popularity is now also skewed with Twitch. High tier CSGO leagues entered a english broadcasting rights bidding war between Twitch and YouTube at the start of 2017, Twitch lost to YouTube/Google. Twitch was once a eSports and personality gaming driven live stream platform. Today its primarily a personality gaming and IRL section. This is why we are seeing certain streamers doubling, tripling and quadrupling their viewers on Twitch in 2017.

LOL, and here we go with the Valve shilling. At least now I have you on paper admitting you're part of the company.

Sure, it was the "high-skilled" gamers who switched; the guys who are "high-skilled" in CSGO, and can't stand to be mediocre in something else. So they hang on. That's literally the first sign of a dying online MP game every single time-- dwindling to the "hardcores" who can't let that specific game go. CS is its own beast, has Valve behind it, and I don't think it's going anywhere, but my sweet Lord, if there was any argument I would avoid citing in such a defense it would be that. Besides, big picture, it wasn't the "low-skilled" gamers. Faker doesn't play FPS.
<Moves>

PUBG + Overwatch = Valvesalt. I'll remember this equation.

I know law enforcement has better things to do.... but it would be great if cheat makers faced severe fines and possible jail time.

You would think there would be at least Civil Court penalties for damages against the Game Developers... Lost income and such

LOL, and here we go with the Valve shilling. At least now I have you on paper admitting you're part of the company.

After my surgery in 2001 i could no longer play sports. Any form of constant high impact upsets where they took my bone graph from(right hip) to fuse my neck. My only outlet of competition is through gaming. FPS's in general still today hurt my neck from my seating posture when playing them for a prolonged time.

PvP games need to have this appeal to me. Player skill needs to be able to triumph class/weapon balance. Me nearly winning a 1v4 on T side of Inferno with only a Glock against a fully bought CT side is far more exhilarating than running around PUBG for 20+ minutes being anti-competitive so i can loot.

I accept that others seek different goals/outlets from their gaming experience. This is why i stopped posting in the stickied PUBG thread that i created and calling out Blizzard design flaws in the Overwatch thread.

Now you should have a better understanding of my view and expectations of an PvP FPS title.

After my surgery in 2001 i could no longer play sports. Any form of constant high impact upsets where they took my bone graph from(right hip) to fuse my neck. My only outlet of competition is through gaming. FPS's in general still today hurt my neck from my seating posture when playing them for a prolonged time.

PvP games need to have this appeal to me. Player skill needs to be able to triumph class/weapon balance. Me nearly winning a 1v4 on T side of Inferno with only a Glock against a fully bought CT side is far more exhilarating than running around PUBG for 20+ minutes being anti-competitive so i can loot.

I accept that others seek different goals/outlets from their gaming experience. This is why i stopped posting in the stickied PUBG thread that i created and calling out Blizzard design flaws in the Overwatch thread.

Now you should have a better understanding of my view and expectations of an PvP FPS title.
Do you see what you did here?

In overwatch, player skill does> class. A good hanzo has always been better than a bad Mccree, and hanzo was one of the weakest characters and mccree one of the strongest for at least the majority of the game's life.

Do you see what you did here?

Presenting you a situation in a game that fits my criteria in the FPS genre that has me coming back to it continually throughout 18 years of Pc gaming. While providing you insight to what i seek from PvP game titles.

Valve does this for me in the FPS PvP genre, iRacing in the Pc racing simulation genre and WoW by Blizzard in the PvE genre.

Presenting you a situation in a game that fits my criteria in the FPS genre that has me coming back to it continually throughout 18 years of Pc gaming. While providing you insight to what i seek from PvP game titles.

Valve does this for me in the FPS PvP genre, iRacing in the Pc racing simulation genre and WoW by Blizzard in the PvE genre.
No, that's not what I highlighted, and you've told me before about your history.

I appreciate that, and I see us as simpatico in our general, more objectivist philosophical outlook on gaming and competition, but the implication of your first sentence is clear; that some games are horribly unbalanced, where gear/class do not allow superior players to overcome unlucky situations or comp matchups, and then you immediately wax nostalgic about a map where you destroyed a team in spite of a massive gear imbalance. You are lost in the blindness of personal affection.

Anyone familiar with my posting-- either in the War Room, Sports Bar, or here-- knows that I'm no snowflake, and I have no patience for the ignorant outlook that all athletes or sports are equal, for example, so I do appreciate the desire to determine what S&C coaches call "strength carryover" as it would exist in gaming. The principle is simple for any who don't weight lift and may not know it. Why are deadlifts and squats the core strengthening movements for hundreds of sports while secondary movements like leg extensions only have very specific application to improving an athlete's leg strength for his sport? Because if you take Athlete A and put him on a squat program, Athlete B and put him on a leg extension program, and then compare them at the end of your programs, each will be better at his respective specific exercise, but the former athlete will be better at everything else with the legs, too.

Meanwhile, success in certain sports requires more of that general athletic excellence, and this is why I can't stand to see athletes like those in the NBA or NFL compared to those in Cricket or Badminton, for example. The athletes in the former could walk onto just about any speed/power sport in the world and would be dominating in short time. The latter? Not so much. Talent pool is huge, too, and that's part of what has driven CS:GO gamer's dominance. No, I don't mind this. It's your fanboyism that wanes my patience.

We simply don't have the metrics yet to substantiate these claims. I can see that you're trying, but these data sets aren't large enough. We don't have enough crossover; we don't have enough university study, so to speak. We don't know enough yet. Gaming is still so young. You look at what has happened in S&C the past 15 years and it's basically been an internet-led renaissance where we started exploring nearly a century of data collated more intelligently on progressive weight training by the Soviets, and incorporated it with our own.

These are the ideas that are going to be developed and explored for the remainder of our lives, Kane.

Back