China and Russia protests against South Korea's and Japan's anti-ballistic missile shields

body armor then. you can't walk around the streets wearing body armor. not civilians anyway.

I love it when people quote a link without ever reading it.

There's a gigantic difference between "civilians" and "convicted felons".

Body Armor Laws in the US

We all have a right to protect ourselves and our families. As such, we have a legal right to acquire and wear body armor for personal and professional protection. In turn, it is also legal to sell bulletproof vests and other types of body armor to anyone in the US.

It is the responsibility of the buyer to ascertain whether or not they are legally able to purchase and use body armor. This responsibility does not fall on the shoulders of the retailer.

It is perfectly safe and legal for retailers to sell bulletproof vests to the general public. People who purchase bulletproof vests and other types of body armor are upstanding citizens who simply wish to protect themselves, their employees and their families from harm.

Convicted felons surrender their right to own body armor. The US has a federal ban on the possession of body armor by convicted felons (18 U.S.C. 931).

Felons can only purchase bulletproof vests if their employer requires it and they get written permission to do so.

I love it when people quote a link without ever reading it.

Body armors are legal in 49 out of 50 U.S States to anyone who isn't a convicted felon.

Yeah, I just realized that it is fuckin crazy. People shouldn't be able walk around with body armor on. For what purpose would a person need it?

But anyway, it is treated like a weapon. Like a gun. Which was the larger point. You can't own one if you are a felon. If you need to wear body armor, you may wanna rethink your life.

Yeah, I just realized that it is fuckin crazy.

So you basically derailed this discussion about defensive anti-ballistic shields to a subject about the supposed illegality of bullet-proof vests that you invented just now in your room? How often do you get into a debate with just your overactive imagination like that?

People shouldn't be able walk around with body armor on. For what purpose would a person need it?

But anyway, it is treated like a weapon. Like a gun. Which was the larger point. You can't own one if you are a felon. If you need to wear body armor, you may wanna rethink your life.

Law-abiding civilians living in a dangerous area where street shoot-outs are on the daily (like say, the rough side of Chicago) absolutely should be wearing bullet-proof vests if they can afford one, just like South Korea and Japan absolutely should be setting up as many anti-ballistic missile shields as they possibly could, living right next to the North Korean loons who lobs missiles around just for kicks.

There's absolutely nothing "crazy" about protecting yourself from the actual crazies who lives in the same neighborhood as you do, unless you plan to suggest South Korea and Japan to move their countries out of East Asia.

Last edited:
So you basically derailed this discussion about defensive anti-ballistic shields to a subject about the supposed illegality of bullet-proof vests that you invented just now in your room? How often do you get into a debate with just your overactive imagination like that?

Law-abiding civilians living in a dangerous area where street shoot-outs are on the daily (like say, the rough side of Chicago) absolutely should be wearing bullet-proof vests if they can afford one, just like South Korea and Japan absolutely should be setting up as many anti-ballistic missile shields as they possibly could, living right next to the North Korean loons who lobs missiles around just for kicks.

There's absolutely nothing "crazy" about protecting yourself from the actual crazies who lives in the same neighborhood as you do, unless you plan to suggest South Korea and Japan to move their countries out of East Asia.

I wrongfully assumed body armor would be illegal for normal citizens as an example of how defense can be considered a buildup to offense. To create weapons to thwart the weapons of your enemy can be seen as hostile. And many countries see it as hostile. Russia too.

Do you think the streets of Chicago would be safer if more wore body armor? It would just make the killers a lot harder to stop. And more than law abiding citizens would get ahold of them, just like they get ahold of guns they aren't supposed to. Derp. Yeah, more body armor on the streets is what we need. Guns too.

It can be crazy, because it is an escalation. Call it what it is. Is it an escalation. That is a fact. It is escalating things.

Last edited:
Another day, another missile.

More things for China to complain about:

yeah well fuck Russia and fuck China

We should be sanctioniong China and removing American dependence on them. Fuck China and fuck their economy... just sanction all of it

Maybe China and Russia should put a gagball in their Chihuahua and stop being cunts.

Do you think the streets of Chicago would be safer if more wore body armor?

This a dumb ass question man of course it would. You seen how many people get clapped in Chicago weekly? Whatever gives you a better chance would indeed make you safer

People should just have to get shot BAM and die because you think that vests make folks more aggressive?

Come on dude

Yeah, I just realized that it is fuckin crazy. People shouldn't be able walk around with body armor on. For what purpose would a person need it?

You don't NEED a fire extinguisher 24/7 either but most people have one in their house and some even have them in their cars.

You don't NEED a fire extinguisher 24/7 either but most people have one in their house and some even have them in their cars.

You have a fire extinguisher in your house??

That's just, like, asking for escalations from the neighborhood arsonist, bro.

Funny how most of the civilized world can get by without everyone needing guns and body armor. These places also have far lower murder rates than the US. . Are you really comparing guns and body armor to fire extinguishers?

If you are so scared you think you need a gun, I pity you. You probably live in the suburbs.

More things for China to complain about:

They're fucking laughing at you. North Korea has hydrogen bombs and ICBMs and they have you conditioned to think you're edgy and pushing the limit for removing limits on a missile payload and installing THAAD.

Funny how most of the civilized world can get by without everyone needing guns and body armor. These places also have far lower murder rates than the US. . Are you really comparing guns and body armor to fire extinguishers?

If you are so scared you think you need a gun, I pity you. You probably live in the suburbs.
Many demographics in the US have violent crime rates, even shooting rates, on par with western Europe. You can narrow over 50% of the murders down to 3% of the population. It's not a gun problem. It's a demographic problem.

If Europe had our demographics and their gun laws, they'd have similar violent crime rates to our own.

Actually, I live in an area where nothing but heroin and meth transients walk up and down my fucking road looking for places to burglarize in order to pawn shit to get their next fix.

At my job I see the felonies and today, after a 3 day weekend.. I have 20 new felonies on my desk ranging from indecent exposure on up to Assault 1 with a deadly weapon charges and 4 assault charges and 3 burg charges are from areas within a 1/4 of my house.

Don't assume just because someone doesn't live in DC, Chicago, Detroit, New York, or LA that there isn't violent crime. Violent crime is everywhere.

And I don't have a gun or armor because I'm scared. I have my bolt gun to shoot tasty tasty deer and I have my pistol because I can. Same as the plate carrier and rifle rated plates to go with it. If I CAN have it why the fuck shouldn't I have it.

Like, do I REALLY need an Xbox to live in this world? No, but I CAN own it so I DO own one for fun. My AR and plate carrier started as something fun to do with friends, learning how to shoot from guys that used to kill people for a living, and it just so happens to have a utilitarian usage to it too.

As to the highlighted I always find it lulzy that anti-gunners always resort to one of three arguments:
1.) If you're so scared I pity you. The world is safe blahblah

2.) You must have a small dick if you want a gun

3.) Just buy your meat at the store like the rest of us!

Deploying Thad?
latest

Back