Chimpanzee vs Silverback

There's a video on daily motion of a gorilla interacting with a several Chimps

Not really a fight but the video shows just how much bigger a gorilla is and how'd they interact with each other. I'd get the gorilla out of there to be honest the group of chimps look to be ready to turn on him.

I really thought I've seen videos of gorillas just manhandling chimps but I must be mistaking them for grown Gorillas manhandling their young.

I don't think those are chimps, they look like female gorillas or younger gorillas

Harambe was a full silverback and lost to a toddler.
too soon man, too soon
images

People picking gorilla's purely on size with no evidence, this isn't Worlds Strongest Ape.

Gorilla's are fairly docile compared to chimps and are herbivores.

Chimps regularly kill other chimps and monkeys and are much more ruthless.

Theres zero cases of a gorilla ever killing a human but plenty of cases of chimps.

The chimps just have that look in their eye.

@Zookeeper Gabe what's your thoughts?

I don't think the gorilla's have the heart to kill a motivated chimp and would just hightail it.

Last edited:
Chimpanzees are only "crazy as fuck" in relation to humans. They are not special at all compared to other larger apes.
Chimps are aggressive and brutal, even relative to other apes.

For what it’s worth...

Gorillas are stronger, chimps more aggressive.

People picking gorilla's purely on size with no evidence, this isn't Worlds Strongest Ape.

Theres zero cases of a gorilla ever killing a human but plenty of cases of chimps.

I don't think the gorilla's have the heart to kill a motivated chimp and would just hightail it.
If the chimp is a threat to the Gorilla's child, that docile shit goes out the window

I refuse to answer any threads like this on personal grounds

what about a Gorilla vs an Orangutan?

more equitable size at least

and then Chimp vs large Baboon?

Harambe lost to a toddler about like JFK lost to a Cadillac. There was one in close proximity , but the Spitzer bullet trucking along at 3k fps had slightly more to do with how things worked out.

Harambe lost to a toddler about like JFK lost to a Cadillac. There was one in close proximity , but the Spitzer bullet trucking along at 3k fps had slightly more to do with how things worked out.

Maybe if the chimp can get in quickly and bit the gonads off the Silverback and escape

Otherwise the Gorrilla fucks the chimp up badly

Thanks Sheldon.

Lol not even close. Chimp has nothing to offer that matchup

Back