Chillout lounge - post your favourite ambient music

AgentSmecker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
As per the title. What's your favourite ambient tunes or artists you chillout to. Preferably electronic stuff.

This dude is my most listened to in recent times... just love his stuff

Really like this guy as well

I'll add more later

Deutschland uber alles!

Last edited:
ENO-GOAT

^Listening to this track is like
listening to the inner-workings
of my being. Has a way of
slowing things down, no matter
where your head is at.

Good stuff so far, keep em coming.

Here's another one that blew me away recently and became one of my favourite albums of all time. This is some seriously existential shit right here, absolutely mesmerizing....

J Boogies Dubtronic Science

http://ambientmusicguide.com/ You all should check out Ambient Music Guide by Mike G. His website has a ton of information on Ambient artists and their best works plus he also produces his own mixes which are wonderful to listen to.

As per myself my favorite ambient music ever is Richard D. James aka Aphex Twin

All of these are from his second album under Aphex Twin titled "Selected Ambient Works Volume II". It is a double disc ambient album that is my favorite ambient album to date. The whole album is amazing from beginning to end and has arguably his greatest works of art in that of Stone In Focus and Rhubarb. I love him and own everything he has produced.

Outside of him I'm a big fan of Global Communication, Biosphere, Tetsu Inoue, Robert Rich, Lustmord, Steve Roach, Pete Namlook (RIP), Brian Eno and a whole slew of others.

I love the ticking clock throughout the song. 76:14 by Global Communication is a gem amongst the Ambient landscape. Released in 1994 this album is unique in that each song title is the length of the track and the album title is the total running time of the album

Another wonderful track but this time by Norwegian producer Geir Jenssen better known as Biosphere. This is taken off of his landmark 1997 release Substrata. This album is what mother nature would sound like if she could produce her own music.

Most of the ambient music I like its spooky and/or ethereal. Steven Roach's Midnight Moon, Lull's Cold Summer, Max Richter's works, some films scores by the likes of John Carpenter, Kenji Kawai, and Tangerine Dream, Dan Kessler of Interpol came out with a great side project called Big Noble, etc.

Last edited:
I see I'm not the first to drop Eluvium into this thread, but here's some more.

Damn. My add brain forgot all about this thread. Need to check out all these picks. Cheers guys.

this one isn't exactly one to chill out to, but it's amazing ambient music:

and probably the most otherworldy ambient song of all-time. for this one, you probably want to remove all distractions and clear your entire mind to experience its full affect:

The City Lounge and World Lounge series are really good

Back