Children who’ve just been separated from their parents at the border

5UWcAJXodoCpiEbQsFkI_Q6zxLxJi-dM813yL67OU2k.jpg
Funny, that bottom photo looks exactly like the photos from 2014 under President Obama.

https://apnews.com/amp/dc0c9a5134d14862ba7c7ad9a811160e?__twitter_impression=true

Trump administration officials have been sending babies and other young children forcibly separated from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border to at least three "tender age" shelters in South Texas, The Associated Press has learned.

Lawyers and medical providers who have visited the Rio Grande Valley shelters described play rooms of crying preschool-age children in crisis. The government also plans to open a fourth shelter to house hundreds of young migrant children in Houston, where city leaders denounced the move Tuesday.

Since the White House announced its zero tolerance policy in early May, more than 2,300 children have been taken from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border, resulting in a new influx of young children requiring government care. The government has faced withering critiques over images of some of the children in cages inside U.S. Border Patrol processing stations.

Decades after the nation's child welfare system ended the use of orphanages over concerns about the lasting trauma to children, the administration is standing up new institutions to hold Central American toddlers that the government separated from their parents.

"The thought that they are going to be putting such little kids in an institutional setting? I mean it is hard for me to even wrap my mind around it," said Kay Bellor, vice president for programs at Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, which provides foster care and other child welfare services to migrant children. "Toddlers are being detained."
Children are going to end up dying, and they still won't care.

I know it sounds crazy, but if families don’t illegally cross the border, no one gets separated

When you don't have facts, you retreat to motives.
Facts are on my side as well, and if you support this policy, then I have absolutely nothing to say to you. You're a fucking scumbag if you support this current enforcement strategy.

The old "think of the children", angle. I have no issues tossing little pablo back across the border with mom and dad. Would save some money.
Trump is forbidden from doing that under federal law (TVPRA). Nielsen is pushing for reform, but something tells me Pelosi and friends won't go along with it.

Facts are on my side as well, and if you support this policy, then I have absolutely nothing to say to you. You're a fucking scumbag if you support this current enforcement strategy.

Before the new policy, anyone entering the country improperly with a child would be released into the interior of our country. That's a disastrous loophole. You prefer that system? Then you're the scumbag.

Whoever supports these separations, are lousy excuses for human beings and should be ashamed of yourselves.
Pretty sure no one "supports" separations. If your dad is arrested for DUI, he will be separated from you. Do you "support" that?

Don’t give them jobs you fucking morons, go after the people giving them jobs, why are you going after innocent people in search of a better life? How many Trump hotels where built with illegal labor? how many roads? why doesn’t he go after those rich corporations?

What will happen if immigrants couldn’t find a job there? they will not even try to cross any border, but this fucking hypocrisy of border control is being feed thru your stupid baby brains so easy.
The people being "separated" from kids are those caught sneaking across the border. Perhaps they should have applied at a port of entry instead of putting children at risk by sneaking across the border.

Uh oh, the swear words are out. Better Agree with the Simpsons guy.

I’m tempted to unblock him just to do it

Just unblock him, he is a troll too. Why does he bother you? Take what he has to say with less than a grain of salt. Problem solved.

What Trump and co. are doing is on a whole different level, denying claims to victims of life-threatening domestic violence

This is patently false. How can it be on a "whole different level" when it's exactly the way things have been for most of our history of accepting refugees?

In 2009, President Obama's administration took the unprecedented step of allowing those claiming to be fleeing domestic abuse to be able to receive refugee status. See the excerpt below. Trump/Sessions have simply reverted to the pre-Obama definition.

The Obama administration has moved to grant political asylum to foreign women who suffer severe physical or sexual abuse from which they are unable to escape because it is part of the culture of their own countries.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/jul/24/obama-women-abuse-political-asylum-us

Last edited:
Just unblock him, he is a troll too. Why does he bother you? Take what he has to say with less than a grain of salt. Problem solved.

Thanks for the advice. Do you actually have an opinion on this topic?

Improper entry is a federal crime. You would prefer that this crime not be prosecuted as long as the alien has a child with him/her?
nah Id prefer toddlers get to stay detained with their parents in the cage until they are deported back. Nice troll attempt though.

nah Id prefer toddlers get to stay detained with their parents in the cage until they are deported back.
Take out the "cage" and we're on the same page. That's the same thing the Trump administration is calling for.

nah Id prefer toddlers get to stay detained with their parents in the cage until they are deported back. Nice troll attempt though.

What if the adult can not prove he/she is related to the toddler

Thanks for the advice. Do you actually have an opinion on this topic?

Let everyone at the detainment zones and cages go free, and integrate them into America no matter the cost.

Back