Chiesa was done and embarrassed himself after

It was a bad stoppage and Yamasaki also ignored some 12-to-6 elbows before that.

But I think Lee wins either way.

It was early i agree but you can go out cold and come back during a choke. Depending on the pressure and movement of the squeeze. It's not some exact process each time and Lee's squeeze is strong as fuck. Chiesa's hands stop fighting and start flailing like every numerous choke victims in the past.

Chiesa just too prideful with his excuses but i agree Mario needs to wait for clear consistent unconscious state.
A main event with a guy who consistently fights out of subs with 30 sec to go. Gotta give him his chance .

A main event with a guy who consistently fights out of subs with 30 sec to go. Gotta give him his chance .

Agreed with giving him a chance but the main event should be no different than any other fight.

All fights and all genders should be treated exactly the same on the professional level.

Agreed with giving him a chance but the main event should be no different than any other fight.

All fights and all genders should be treated exactly the same on the professional level.
I think knowing the fighters and their history of recovery or escapes changes the perspective of good refs and should. They earn that right imo

I think knowing the fighters and their history of recovery or escapes changes the perspective of good refs and should. They earn that right imo

That's ridiculous.

There could be some amazing grappler who fights out of submissions in other organizations internationally that referees don't work. You have to treat all fights the same.

And how many happened while the guy gave-up all known legit defenses? Chiesa was taking care of neither the hands nor the body triangle, he quit and then tried to take advantage of it.
Fitch fought Carneiro's guillotine for 3 minutes. His strategy was to clench his teeth.

That's ridiculous.

There could be some amazing grappler who fights out of submissions in other organizations internationally that referees don't work. You have to treat all fights the same.
Well that will never happen as refs make mistakes all the time so im sticking to my ridiculous statement.

Not getting invested in this bollocks, I like Chiesa a lot and hate Lee but I can see both sides of this coin - Chiesa might well have gone unconscious but I agree with him, he wasn't gone yet. Whatever, props to Lee, he's damn good.

It was a quick stoppage but...Chiesa was done...he was not escaping that choke...he was seconds away from a tap or going out...Mario should have let it go on to that point...but he was done.

For him to stomp around and blame the ref for his short coming was BS....and I was routing for Chiesa...such a baby.

He had every right to be pissed. One of the worst stoppages I've seen.

And with only 23 seconds left in the round. Nobody can say he would, or wouldn't make it to the horn. But, he sure as fuck had the right to try.

I'm not saying he would have won. I'm not saying he would have lost, either.

But, the stoppage was bullshit...PERIOD.
and here it is...one of many sherdoggers who have never rolled in his life, ever.

and here it is...one of many sherdoggers who have never rolled in his life, ever.

Yeah most of the posters here just hate Lee and have no clue what they are talking about...I agree with the point that Chisea should have been allowed to tap or go out on his shield...but regardless of that he was on route to losing via that choke...he was not getting out of it...he was not working to escape...he was done.

I dislike Lee as well....and was routing for Chisea...but he was not getting out of the choke lol....

Actually it made perfect sense when he gave his explanation if the defense and it was a horrible stoppage.

Calm down Lee, maybe you get a clean win in te rematch.
lol it was the most pathetic explanation ive ever heard. the fuck were you listening to

I like how people supporting the stoppage have now changed reality to "He was actually unconscious" instead of "well it doesn't matter he was going to lose anyways"

WTF? I mean his eyes are open, he is moving, he immediately reacted and protested. What in the fuck are people basing their claims that he was "out" on? Because he wasn't fighting the hands? So what. We can't see everything going on there and we have seen people escape tight chokes when it looked like they were as good as finished.

That was a stupid error by Yamasaki and it should be overturned. Chiesa gets his ass beat early in every single fight.... he wins because he has heart and he is great at staying in fights and taking advantages of mistakes by his opponent. Lee looked like the far superior fighter in there, obviously but the fight should have been allowed to play out to the end.

He had every right to be pissed. One of the worst stoppages I've seen.

And with only 23 seconds left in the round. Nobody can say he would, or wouldn't make it to the horn. But, he sure as fuck had the right to try.

I'm not saying he would have won. I'm not saying he would have lost, either.

But, the stoppage was bullshit...PERIOD.
Irc Shields was in a locked in RNC vs Mayhem and just sat it out. Benson Henderson has survived locked in chokes multple times. Some fighters manage to do it by just staying very calm and controlling their breathing or something. I am no expert on this but I have seen it.

Chiesa is a very seasoned grappler and the round only had like 20-30 seconds left. Big John also said a sub only has to get stopped if the fighter taps, goes unconscious or his limbs get injured.

Anyway I don't really care about a rematch. Lee looked like he would beat him anytime. But that stoppage has to be adressed so it does not happen again.
takes 8 seconds to go out from a choke like that, and most people fight off the chokes with a basic 2 on 1 wrist or hand control. Michael wasnt even doing that when the ref stopped. The weird movements he was doing with his arms and not defending is what killed him. Either way still shitty to stop the fight at that moment. Lee should be the most upset about it, instead of everyone praising his dominance you have people shitting on his win, couple more seconds no one would be saying anything

100% fair stoppage, its kind of annoying Cruz saying "there´s no tap, you cant stop with no tap", well, his hands went limb, thats how it was....They dont need the tap if the fighter goes out and actually cant tap. SMH.

Chiesa pulled a Holm imo.

Next one forget the tap as well just let guys go unconscious.

They will never in a million trillion years overturn this.

He looked cooked, that's his fault not the refs

No, they'll absolutely overturn this. He didn't tap nor did he go out. Whether he would have tapped or eventually gone out is immaterial. Neither occurred and Yamasaki was not authorized to stop it as such. I'm not particularly interested in a rematch because Lee was owning but I'd be very very shocked if the fight weren't overturned to a No Contest.

He wouldn't got any "real damage", dummy. He would have merely been choked unconscious and gone out for a few seconds, his arms would have gone actually limp, not "looks like they were going limp", etc. I can't even count how any times I've been choke in BJJ over the years, I'd be pissed if I had a stoppage like that in a comp. You've never been choked out, clearly. I don't like either guy, but this was clearly a fucked up call. Mario blew this one. No visible tap, looking like he was going to tap does not count, no auditory tap, arms never went limp, again, looking like they were does not count...Mario didn't even test by touching either of his arms, like BJ, or other BJJ aware ref's do. Run it again I say.
who-would-you-want-reffing-your-fight-a-herb-dean-14881169.png

Back