Chicken over the fence gi choke

David_Jacobs

TheRockBJJ.com
@purple
Reaction score
This is my first ever youtube instructional. (I'll try to improve the quality if I ever make any more... lol)

A caveat: The first choke shown may be considered illegal in CBJJ tournaments. When I tried it in the Pan Ams a few years ago, the ref stopped me and told me it wasn't permitted. It may be permitted in other non-CBJJ tournaments. I'm pretty confident that the second choke is allowed. I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't be permitted.

Crap....

How do you embed a video?

YouTube - chicken over the fence - part 1

Tomorrow night, we'll record the 3rd variation and final installment of the "chicken over the fence choke" series. I'll try to post Friday.

No problem. Thanks for checking it out. I know as far as production and editing go, the videos are pretty close to horrible. lol.... But as long as you can see and hear what's going on, that's the important part.

The last 2 videos will be posted shortly.

I'm sure it's been asked a billion times before, but can someone tell me how to embed in this format?

2l43mw.jpg

Hope this helps.

No problem. Thanks for checking it out. I know as far as production and editing go, the videos are pretty close to horrible. lol.... But as long as you can see and hear what's going on, that's the important part.

The last 2 videos will be posted shortly.

I'm sure it's been asked a billion times before, but can someone tell me how to embed in this format?

"So if this is the YouTube video's URL. . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO6_-mzCKcM

put everything after "v=" between [.yt] [./yt] but without the periods

So it looks like this. . .
[.yt]CO6_-mzCKcM[./yt]

Thanks for the lesson on how to embed.

Here's parts 3 and 4.

Let me know what you guys think.

I realize this is an old thread, but the videos are either marked private or are no longer available.
Is there a way I can still view them?

Thank you for the interest, everyone. I took down those videos a few years ago and really haven't given much thought to making any new ones for this technique because it is not permitted under IBJJF rules.

Any requests for videos regarding other techniques? Happy to make some new ones and put them up for free on YouTube.

Thank you for the interest, everyone. I took down those videos a few years ago and really haven't given much thought to making any new ones for this technique because it is not permitted under IBJJF rules.

Any requests for videos regarding other techniques? Happy to make some new ones and put them up for free on YouTube.
Who cares if something is not permitted under IBJJF, they're not the be-all and end-all.

You can start with the request made in this thread, plus imo just film videos of your best techniques, the rest will take care of itself.

Professor @David_Jacobs :
Do you have a variation of this technique that you would demonstrate that would be considered IBJJF legal?
I'm sure something out there exists!

Who cares if something is not permitted under IBJJF, they're not the be-all and end-all.

You can start with the request made in this thread, plus imo just film videos of your best techniques, the rest will take care of itself.

True. I guess it just seems that - especially for gi techniques - most people are mainly interested in moves that are legal for IBJJF

Professor @David_Jacobs :
Do you have a variation of this technique that you would demonstrate that would be considered IBJJF legal?
I'm sure something out there exists!

yes I do. I can do a video of both the legal and the illegal variations.

Unfortunately, I didn't yet have a chance to record the choke that is being discussed in this thread, but this video from a year or 2 ago of me demonstrating an ude gaeshi just came across my Instagram feed so I Figured I share. I promise I will make a recording of the choke, however.

Back