Chicanos are better fighters than Mexicans CONFIRMED!

Fact Checker

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Dana might not be very happy about tonight’s results, but he now has some interesting data on his hands: Ortega exposed Yair and Rawdog rawdogged Moreno…

Should the UFC drop the pandering and get behind actual winners?

<{titihmm}>

Obviously Americans are better fighters than Mexico. MMA is where more popular in the US, better gyms, higher standard of competition on the regional scene, more access to cross training in things like wrestling etc. No shit. Mexican MMA has been pushed hard by the UFC, they sign all the Mexican prospects aggressively but in reality...it's not a good region for talent even compared to places like Poland, Chechnya, Tajikistan etc. There's just financial interest and promotion there. It pours into the UFCs western demographic and profit structures much better.

sangre-por-sangre-vatos.gif

Mexico has better boxing, US has better wrestling/grappling. Mexican-Americans get to have the best of both worlds.

Dana might not be very happy about tonight’s results, but he now has some interesting data on his hands: Ortega exposed Yair and Rawdog rawdogged Moreno…

Should the UFC drop the pandering and get behind actual winners?

<{titihmm}>

T-City won over the fans when he did his own translations lol, his pinche ankle!

<MikeP1>

it's not a good region for talent even compared to places like Poland, Chechnya, Tajikistan etc.
Mexico is pretty new to this MMA thing and has already produced 2 champions (Moreno, Grasso) and 1 interim champion (Rodriguez). Honestly, I can't remember anyone from Taijikistan in the top 15 of global rankings.

Mexico is pretty new to this MMA thing and has already produced 2 champions (Moreno, Grasso) and 1 interim champion (Rodriguez). Honestly, I can't remember anyone from Taijikistan in the top 15 of global rankings.

I think you missed a giant chunk of my post. I acknowledge Mexico has had good success in the UFC, but it's also that the UFC highly scouts Mexico and does a lot to help cultivate and draw attention to the sport there. They get behind any Mexican who has success in the UFC too. It's definitely somewhat orchestrated. Whereas they don't give a fuck about a place like Tajakistan or Russian or Poland etc. There's been more Mexican champs in the UFC than Russian ones, right? If you think there's even 1/5th the talent coming out of Mexico that there is in Russia, you're a fucking idiot. It's just the UFC deliberately avoids signing Russian talent and deliberately prioritizes Mexican talent.

As for Tajikistan, one issue is obviously visas but central Asian countries are booming with talent, particularly Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan. If they pushed that region like they did Mexico and signed all their up and coming talent aggressively like Mexico, and got behind any success they had in the UFC like Mexico...there'd probably be some fucking Tajik champions. They also ignore wrestlers and grappling dominant regions in general.

Dana doesnt care. Chicanos can still make money on his mexico cards. Esp if the fights are as good as Yair vs Ortega.

Back