Chicago police under fire after 'bait truck' used to lure thieves

it's really is that simple bruh. If you get caught by a bait car, or bait Jordans, you're a thief. It's clearly an effective tactic as evidenced by the arrests made.

Admit it that you're all hurt in the fee fees that some dumbass thieves got set up like rats to cheese
true that, but I think they're making a cultural case.

the black culture is very loose with ethics. They cross the lines and they don't mind other people crossing the line either. I remember an episode of "The Cosby Show" where Cliff asked Theo..."When are you gonna return the money you owe me?" Theo said "only if you ask for it" and laughed. Cliff laughed approvingly: "that's my man" I remember thinking to myself "WTF"? this show is supposed to be the standard of black excellence and they're pushing this? they're pushing nothing, that's just the culture.

Basically the argument is: if you know people are poor and hurting, you shouldn't bait them into such petty crimes. So in their view, a theft under circumstances is not really a theft.

Last edited:
So you're tired of hearing about white collar crimes even though it's rarely discussed in the media compared to minorities gotcha ya.
where did i say i'm tired of hearing about it???

i'm tired of hearing about it IN THIS THREAD. because it has nothing to do with the topic. you want to talk about white collar crime go start a thread about it. it is irrelevant in this thread and all the idiots who keep bringing it up are just trying to derail the topic.

it's like in a thread about some shit that trump is doing and posters kept coming in and saying "yeah? well what about hillary?"

whataboutisms are retarded and so are the people that constantly use them to try to shift a discussion.

Blacks are more dangerous? I'm sure natives, Hawains, and definitely Blacks would say whites are just dangerous according to their treatment of others through history here in America . I'm not sure if you're actually serious lol.
do you want to look at the violent crime statistics of the last few years?

Also it's not as hard to bust white collar crimes because their smart... is that because their "white" and "blacks" are easy to bust because their dumb, idiots? Crazy how you relate these people differently.
ummm...except i DIDN'T relate that to black and white people, liar. you did. you are the guy that seen me type "idiot theives" and interpretted that as "idiot black people" stop projecting your prejudice on me. do you think catching white collar criminals is as easy as parking a truck in the side walk and watching it from 50 yards away?

there are plenty of crooked chinese businessmen and middle eastern businessmen. YOU are the one who relates white collar crime to white people, that is why you idiots only bring it up in threads where the criminals are black. i've yet to see a therad where the criminal is white and you racist ass leftists ever bring up white collar crime in those threads. why not? you only do it in threads where the criminal is black then say "yeah, well, what about white peop..errr... collar crime?"

and no, i didn't say blacks are easier to bust because they are dumb. i said thieves are easier to catch because they are dumb. don't put words in my mouth. stupid white criminals have been getting caught by bait cars for 15 years and nobody is upset about it. infact, people in those communities love the bait car program. but when black people get caught by a bait truck all of a sudden it's WAYYYYCISSST!!!

why don't you come up with a decent argument instead of being a fucking coward and automatically calling people racist just because you disagree

where did i say i'm tired of hearing about it???

i'm tired of hearing about it IN THIS THREAD. because it has nothing to do with the topic. you want to talk about white collar crime go start a thread about it. it is irrelevant in this thread and all the idiots who keep bringing it up are just trying to derail the topic.

it's like in a thread about some shit that trump is doing and posters kept coming in and saying "yeah? well what about hillary?"

whataboutisms are retarded and so are the people that constantly use them to try to shift a discussion.

do you want to look at the violent crime statistics of the last few years?

ummm...except i DIDN'T relate that to black and white people, liar. you did. you are the guy that seen me type "idiot theives" and interpretted that as "idiot black people" stop projecting your prejudice on me. do you think catching white collar criminals is as easy as parking a truck in the side walk and watching it from 50 yards away?

there are plenty of crooked chinese businessmen and middle eastern businessmen. YOU are the one who relates white collar crime to white people, that is why you idiots only bring it up in threads where the criminals are black. i've yet to see a therad where the criminal is white and you racist ass leftists ever bring up white collar crime in those threads. why not? you only do it in threads where the criminal is black then say "yeah, well, what about white peop..errr... collar crime?"

and no, i didn't say blacks are easier to bust because they are dumb. i said thieves are easier to catch because they are dumb. don't put words in my mouth. stupid white criminals have been getting caught by bait cars for 15 years and nobody is upset about it. infact, people in those communities love the bait car program. but when black people get caught by a bait truck all of a sudden it's WAYYYYCISSST!!!

why don't you come up with a decent argument instead of being a fucking coward and automatically calling people racist just because you disagree

I do like that you are passionate about this subject. Maybe their is hope for humanity.

Police in Chicago are baiting poor people with trucks filled with nike shoes

Just because they're not wearing a hijab doesn't mean you can rape them type of scenario.

Yea, an old man is going to the ATM at 3am...

He's baiting me to rob him.

You can easily identify the criminal pieces of shit and those with some semblance of a moral compass by how they are gonna post in this thread.

If it doesn't belong to you, keep your paws off it. You could park that bait truck in the middle of Tokyo until it decomposed and only criminals would think twice about messing with it.

Seriously, I dont see how this is even a dilemma....or some sort of moral conundrum.
If it ain't yours, dont fucking steal it.

Allowing idiots to be idiots isn’t baiting

I don't think cops should be running tests of morality on people.

Obviously, I can see the utility, but I can see a pretty bad end game for it all, too.

I think it's possibly an acceptable method if you're dealing with a crime spree or a known criminal gang that targets these sorts of objectives. But if popularized as a method, we could see that van turning to, who knows, maybe a wallet or a bagful of pot, somewhere down the line. And at that point it's just manufacturing crime.

You should be able to explain why you're resorting to such unorthodox methods. If not, then you should probably just catch criminals the old-fashioned way.

If you’re stealing, you’re stealing. But if they’re going to bait people to steal, they should probably do it in all neighborhoods and not just bad ones. I mean, what’s the marginal societal cost of having a couple more thieves in a neighborhood that’s already bad? It’s minimal. But what’s the marginal societal cost of having a couple more thieves in a neighborhood with little crime? Pretty high.

Obviously, I can see the utility, but I can see a pretty bad end game for it all, too.

I think it's possibly an acceptable method if you're dealing with a crime spree or a known criminal gang that targets these sorts of objectives. But if popularized as a method, we could see that van turning to, who knows, maybe a wallet or a bagful of pot, somewhere down the line. And at that point it's just manufacturing crime.

You should be able to explain why you're resorting to such unorthodox methods. If not, then you should probably just catch criminals the old-fashioned way.
Do you think store owners are tempting folks to steal as well?

Don’t steal someone’s car...period.
I wouldn’t care if there was a bait car on every block in America, I’m not a piece of shit so I won’t steal one.

I agree with your overall sentiment. But I think there's a tangible difference between a bait car, for example, and leaving around bags of money. That difference being that you have to commit a criminal act, such as breaking and entering, in order to commit the theft. If you're just leaving money around all kinds of people are just going to take it for all kinds of reasons. If you leave bread around, same thing. All you have to do is blur the lines of ownership of whatever it is that's being stolen to be ambiguous enough and people will eventually say ''fuck it, I guess it's mine.'' That's not criminal though, IMO, it's just human nature. However, there's no car that you could leave locked, anywhere, that would make me steal it.

...hell, I have a couple engineering degrees and I'd have to google how to hot-wire a car, I'm not even sure that I could steal a car if you gave me an hour.

"At the end of the day, just because it's out there and it's not yours, that doesn't mean you're supposed to take it," police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said at a news conference on Thursday.

/thread

Also, there used to be a series on Tru TV literally called "Bait Car". Nobody cared. It lasted 5 seasons.

Back