Chester Bennington of Linkin Park commits suicide

Just dug up my Project Revolution 2007 ticket with his autograph on it. It's the one on top "Chaz"

kpaHO07.jpg

Quick story. Me and buddy bought tickets to watch a Linkin Park show in Toronto in 2007. We had shitty seats in the 300s section, but at the concert some random dude just hooked us up with VIP wristbands to get general admission floor seats (or standing area). So we go down and settle in. VIP area had their own bathroom near backstage so i head on over (and mind you i'm 19 years old and fucking DRUNK & wasted) and there's Chester standing there. I walk up to him, shake his hand, and he signs my ticket. Very nice, humble, and approachable. Didn't give a shit that i just walked up to him. Ended up watching the whole right at the front. I think i'm going to frame that ticket now. It's been sitting in my desk for years now.

Still remember that sweet intro

Last edited:
He was one of the few vocalists who could do the scream singing performed live sounding nearly as good as the studio album night after night

Not a fan of nu metal but he, undoubtedly, had an incredible voice. Sad to see him go.

Not a fan but sucks to hear about these types of things. Also seems kind of odd that he put a lot of this on Chris Cornell's death.

Not a fan but sucks to hear about these types of things. Also seems kind of odd that he put a lot of this on Chris Cornell's death.

Suicide has been studied like a disease by psychologists in family and social circles. Chester hung himself the way did Cornell did 2 months ago.

RIP.

Kinda surprise his death is not getting much attention on here. LP where pretty big in the late 90's early 2000's.
The singer from the 90's rock bands are really putting a body count.
From the big 4 grunge bands only Vedder is left.

I haven't kept up with their music for quite a while, but Chester could definitely sing. Rip.

Suicide has been studied like a disease by psychologists in family and social circles. Chester hung himself the way did Cornell did 2 months ago.

He was Rich, Famous, Successful, had a family had everything to live for and had a life most people dream of....and still depression got to him what does that tell you? Depression isn't a joke. RIP

Dug a trench out and laid down there with a shovel up outta reach somewhere. Yeah somebody pour it in, make it a dirt dance floor again.

Saw him in 2015 as lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots. He did a great job. Sounded just like Scott Weiland and even did a great tribute to Scott's stage performance and movements. Pretty cool that as a artist as successful and visible as Chester would go all in on a tribute to somebody else.

Saw him twice with Linkin Park. Was never a huge fan of them but they were good live.

May he RIP

Was a casual fan not a die hard like some of you. Had some talent for sure and didn't get them being mocked. You could do a lot worse for mainstream artists.

But when I read he left behimd 6 god damn kids and a wife that irked me. Selfish prick.

I don't like to speak ill of the dead but when you bail on life at a relatively young age and a bunch of kids you are selfish i am sorry.

Was a casual fan not a die hard like some of you. Had some talent for sure and didn't get them being mocked. You could do a lot worse for mainstream artists.

But when I read he left behimd 6 god damn kids and a wife that irked me. Selfish prick.

I don't like to speak ill of the dead but when you bail on life at a relatively young age and a bunch of kids you are selfish i am sorry.

Diseased. Depression is a disease. It's horrifyingly powerful. Trust me when I tell you, what goes on in the head of a depressed person is so crushing that no amount of love for others can overpower it. The deepest places in depression are like being beyond the event horizon of a black hole - nothing can escape out, there is only one direction... Selfishness has nothing to do with a powerful mental illness...

He was one of the few singers that could do the scream-singing with real precision and keep a melody, in a live setting, night after night.

Most people that do that style only sound good on the album with the help of studio magic.. you hear them live and they sound like shit.

That Chester sounded very close to the record night after night is super impressive.

As a depression sufferer myself, I agree.

When you have kids like we do, you have to suffer for them. It's hard, but it's also right.

I can't imagine that Chester benningtong commits suicide. News is sad for all his fan and a big lose for music industries.RIP Chester and Love you for lifetime.

I remember downloading this song on Limewire years ago, it was titled as a linkin park song but I could never find it anywhere! I had to work some google magic to find this. Love this song. RIP Chester!

Dead at 41 via hanging at his California residence.

Today is the birthday of his friend Chris Cornell, lead singer of Soundgarden, who committed suicide a few months ago.

Here's Chester singing hallelujah at Cornell's funeral

Clearly, this triggered something inside of him.

RIP. Listened to their first 2 albums religiously growing up.

In a strange irony, every time I heard that song where this guy wails
"Craw
Ling
In
My
Skin!"

I had the urge to slit my wrists.

On a human level my heart goes out to Chester's children and family. But in terms of talent, when compared to a man like Cornell, Bennington was D level at best. So the "musical loss" is non-existent IMO.

Chester's best work was on the EP he did with Stone Temple Pilots. And that represented the weakest material STP ever produced.

Back