Cheick Kongo vs Javy Ayala set for bellator 199

That card can be good with some action or it could end up a snooze fest with a Bader, Fitch and Kongo grinding out boring wins.

I think Kongo wins and I think it's not a good fight.

This is an alternate bout for the gp

First alternate bout, I'm guessing.

Ayala will need to land something on Kongo in the first round. If he fails to do that, Kongo will use his famous wall-n-stall and nutshot strategy to sap whatever energy Ayala has.

I honestly just don't see Ayala pulling it off. Fingers crossed, though.

This card has the potential to suck ass. Kongo and Fitch vs guys who can’t wrestle?? Smh. Still don’t think Bader will be able to wall and stall and grind Mo but we’ll see. I think Pico will prob be on this card.

Kongo by putting him against the fence for 15min straight.

That card can be good with some action or it could end up a snooze fest with a Bader, Fitch and Kongo grinding out boring wins.

Bader or King Mo
Yeah this card could be long as hell

Kongo wins again.

Dude is 9-2(currently 5 fight win streak) in Bellator with wins over Volkov, Spartan, and Johnson in this current streak.

He is rarely in good fights anymore but on merit it’s embarrassing that Bellator dogged him in regards to the HW GP.

Ayala can crack but I think Kongo has enough to UD him.

Safest bet in MMA these days
The only reason why Bellator won't just crown him, as he is their most winningest heavyweight under bellator. Instead, they're holding a joke of a tournament with LHWs and MWs.

My first thought was same it can be boring, but im optimistic and i hope san jose card will deliver some great finishes for us.

The only reason why Bellator won't just crown him, as he is their most winningest heavyweight under bellator. Instead, they're holding a joke of a tournament with LHWs and MWs.
I think he would have been involved in the tournament had it not been for his age. Kongo turns 43 in May and is pretty much at the end of his career.

If Kongo was put into the tournament, he would have a very high chance of winning. Now, if Kongo were to actually win the tournament, it is highly likely that he would retire with the Heavyweight belt right then and there.

This would cause the whole GP to be a huge waste and they would be forced to find a new champion, Back to square one. I honestly don't blame the Coke for this one.

is it still a joke when you just consider it a openweight tournament? Also both Bader and Rampage look huge and could easily be heavyweights. Bader is my pick to win this whole thing and Rampage fought as a heavyweight before his lhw run. Mo has proven to be effective in openweight tournaments over at Japan. Only person i dont like in this tournament is Sonnen.

First alternate bout, I'm guessing.

Ayala will need to land something on Kongo in the first round. If he fails to do that, Kongo will use his famous wall-n-stall and nutshot strategy to sap whatever energy Ayala has.

I honestly just don't see Ayala pulling it off. Fingers crossed, though.
This post summarised it the same way I would've ^

is it still a joke when you just consider it a openweight tournament? Also both Bader and Rampage look huge and could easily be heavyweights. Bader is my pick to win this whole thing and Rampage fought as a heavyweight before his lhw run. Mo has proven to be effective in openweight tournaments over at Japan. Only person i dont like in this tournament is Sonnen.
Yes, still a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back