Cheick Kongo meets Augusto Sakai at Bellator 179

Kongo is probably the most consistently active fighter in Bellator that has never had a rematch. Which is strange considering how thin the HW division is.
Only HW that Kongo has fought thats currently on the Bellator roster is Oli Thompson. I dont think Minakov is still with Bellator.

Only HW that Kongo has fought thats currently on the Bellator roster is Oli Thompson. I dont think Minakov is still with Bellator.
Spartan is still under contract with bellator if im not mistaken just dealing with injuries

Going to be a very slow and awful fight :)
This....if I remember correctly Sakai last fight was more of a snoozer than a few of Kongos combined if memory serves me right..not sure cause I might of nodded off.

This....if I remember correctly Sakai last fight was more of a snoozer than a few of Kongos combined if memory serves me right..not sure cause I might of nodded off.

Yeah pretty much every fight I've seen from him has been pretty rough to watch, he's extremely slow from the get go but then he gasses and it just gets so much worse.

Kongo is probably the most consistently active fighter in Bellator that has never had a rematch. Which is strange considering how thin the HW division is.

ya they dont have a lot of names, but they keep finding him mid-level talent to fight.

Kongo is so boring. I don't really get why people get excited for him being on cards.

Yeah pretty much every fight I've seen from him has been pretty rough to watch, he's extremely slow from the get go but then he gasses and it just gets so much worse.
It's weird.

On paper, you'd think of Sakai as a huge prospect on a weak weight class; really young, and finishes fights, but once you see him fight, you wonder how the hell is he undefeated.

Kongo is so boring. I don't really get why people get excited for him being on cards.
He's a name and consistent, that's pretty much what he has going for him. I think he could actually score a finish against Sakai tbh. Just has to turn it up once Augusto gasses.

Back