Cheick Kongo and Javy Ayala confirmed as Bellator Tournament alternates; 2 more to be announced

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Probably won't be matched up against each other, according to Coker. The next two participants will be announced in the coming week, possibly at the Larkin/Gonzalez event in order to announce the actual match-ups.

Coker stated that Kongo's friendship with Hampage was the reason Kongo was not added to original tournament.

Tyrell Fortune's fight on Saturday may have some bearing on one of the alternate spots for the tournament. This is just my assumption, though.

To all you people complaining about Kongo not being in the tourney.. I hope you're all happy..

Hopefully no one gets injured or has to get out

To all you people complaining about Kongo not being in the tourney.. I hope you're all happy..

I don't think people really complained that much. I think we all agree he isn't that exciting. Just questionable to leave him out.

The guy has the most wins at HW in Bellator and up until a few of the recent signings was one of the more recognizable names in Bellator. Many of his fights also did above the avg. ratings (which is scary with his boring fights usually). Seems like he should've at least got a spot unless he turned it down.

So it's probably Wren and who else?

Well hopefully we have no pull outs only one I'm worried about not finishing is Mir if he wins dude looks so out of shape

Makes sense that Kongo didn’t get a spot because it Rampage. Wouldn’t doubt them trying to throw jack swagger in there. He has name value and sounded like he really wanted to compete when he signed.

Anyone notice that Nate Diaz was there, too?

"Bellator, what's up?"

I wonder what Dana thinks about this? :D

Well hopefully we have no pull outs only one I'm worried about not finishing is Mir if he wins dude looks so out of shape
I’m sure those who want fedor to win are happy about that

But yes, he had a big gut during the stare downs.

Coker said that a couple of venues have contacted him about holding one of the hw gp shows there. One of them was in Russia. If fedor gets past mir, I could see fedor vs Chael in muzzah Russia.

I’m sure those who want fedor to win are happy about that

But yes, he had a big gut during the stare downs.

Coker said that a couple of venues have contacted him about holding one of the hw gp shows there. One of them was in Russia. If fedor gets past mir, I could see fedor vs Chael in muzzah Russia.

That would be BANANAS and I would watch the hell out of that fight. I don't care how washed-up both fighters are.

The build-up and the atmosphere in the fighting venue in Russia would be just a sight to behold.

Was about to complain it’s not Sergei but

tumblr_og5pftDgPd1qd4esao1_r1_500.gif

Still would prefer Sergei

I'm hoping for Sergei Kharitonov. Would love a hail marry negotiation with Vitaly Minakov but that seems impossible. Could they get Bigfoot? I know he's on the way down, and hard, but as an alternate he'd still bring some name recognition.

Since they threw a bunch of LHWs in the tournament. It could be Phil Davis

Good to see kongo get in there. Ayala too but i care less about him.

Yeah luckily we were blessed with fat Rampage just there to collect a check as a tourney spot in a Bellator Main Event. Him fighting Chael in a HW tournament in 2018 made it all more credible and exciting

Yeah luckily we were blessed with fat Rampage just there to collect a check as a tourney spot in a Bellator Main Event. Him fighting Chael in a HW tournament in 2018 made it all more credible and exciting

Anything's more exciting than watching Kongo fight.

i find it ridiculous that Bellator uses their top HW as an alternate. i had hopes that Coker would use Kongo for something bigger.

not a big fan of Kongo's style but he certainly deserved a main spot in that tournament or even a titleshot against the winner.

For every thing that Coker does well he has an equal f*ckup. what a shame.

Back