Cheesy crackers in here

Ban for racism

You live in canada and dont know zehrs? Its owned by loblaws, its like the biggest or one of the biggest grocery chains in canada.

Zehrs aka real canadian superstore

I've definitely heard of great Canadian superstore... But not Zehrs.

Is it an east or west coast thing? (Ontario resident here)

Also, my vegan cheesy crackers...

51-wmxHSsaL._AC_SY400_.jpg

how did the word cracker come to signify white people? this thread has me wondering that now.

I've definitely heard of great Canadian superstore... But not Zehrs.

Is it an east or west coast thing? (Ontario resident here)

Also, my vegan cheesy crackers...

51-wmxHSsaL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I guess its a southern ontaro store. Theres like 3 in my city. Zehrs is actually a seperate chain from real cad superstar im reading now, but both are owned by loblaws. I was wrong.

I guess its a southern ontaro store. Theres like 3 in my city. Zehrs is actually a seperate chain from real cad superstar im reading now, but both are owned by loblaws. I was wrong.

You probably meant Giant Tiger

how did the word cracker come to signify white people? this thread has me wondering that now.

Cuz crackers are white?

I know Italians called white people manga cakes (cake eaters) because the mass market white bread we would eat looked like cake to them.

Cuz crackers are white?

I know Italians called white people manga cakes (cake eaters) because the mass market white bread we would eat looked like cake to them.

yeah, but so is rice. so is vanilla ice cream. just don't know why it was crackers that was the chosen item for white people lol.

yeah, but so is rice. so is vanilla ice cream. just don't know why it was crackers that was the chosen item for white people lol.

Truuuue....

Did a quick google and :

"Cracker," the old standby of Anglo insults was first noted in the mid 18th century, making it older than the United States itself. It was used to refer to poor whites, particularly those inhabiting the frontier regions of Maryland, Virginia and Georgia. It is suspected that it was a shortened version of "whip-cracker," since the manual labor they did involved driving livestock with a whip (not to mention the other brutal arenas where those skills were employed.) Over the course of time it came to represent a person of lower caste or criminal disposition, (in some instances, was used in reference to bandits and other lawless folk.)

Sorry to detail the thread... Back to actual cracker related talk.

Truuuue....

Did a quick google and :

"Cracker," the old standby of Anglo insults was first noted in the mid 18th century, making it older than the United States itself. It was used to refer to poor whites, particularly those inhabiting the frontier regions of Maryland, Virginia and Georgia. It is suspected that it was a shortened version of "whip-cracker," since the manual labor they did involved driving livestock with a whip (not to mention the other brutal arenas where those skills were employed.) Over the course of time it came to represent a person of lower caste or criminal disposition, (in some instances, was used in reference to bandits and other lawless folk.)

please post cracker pictures

Truuuue....

Did a quick google and :

hm. pretty interesting. thanks for posting that.

I always thought because they were white and plain? I've also heard vanilla and one of my buddy's Mexican brother-in-law calls white people "chele" in a play on words of "leche" meaning milk.

@llllll how did the word cracker come to signify white people?

Is that true? I guess it explains why my friend sent me this o_O

mexican-chinese-crackers.jpg

Back