Checking mid kicks

Not really...It's just a flexibility thing, but it's a lot easier to achieve than high kicks for example.
When it's a higher kick, you got to hunch your back and be more compact, and that allows the knee to protect more of your body.

My knee comes about the middle of my pecs. I knew a guy with very long limbs, very flexible, who could "protect" his jaw when hunching down...

Wow.. Are we talking about a MT/KB gym? Or it just happen to have a lot of beginners?

An mma gym. I don't think they were newbs, but I never faced a body kick. I think most of them were boxers as my area has some good boxing coaches. I had some personal issues that forced me out of training, but I am coming back, and we had a new gym open up.

I guess I just need to work on my flexibility then, and get more people to body kick me when I spar. Given that I started in boxing, I would likely use a normal body block, but I do not want my arms being turned to jell. I had never thought about hunching the back to make myself more compact. Thanks for the tip.

Just to be clear, whatever advice i gave in this thread is for MT... I don't know if all those techniques are good for MMA.

Back