Cheating the Digital Scale - UFC Weigh-In

Using some cheap home scale and moving it to change the weight proved what?

Think fighters magically know which direction to kick a scale and make it read less rather than more?

You can lead a horse to water...

You can lead a horse to water...

Right. The question is how the stress gauges are translating the applied force into a measurement (changes in resistivity?), and how that can be manipulated by changes in position. Also, what is the commission's protocol for calibration?

Not that these are earth shattering, but still an interesting insight into the game within the game

Pd_Cjk_Me.gif
Jessie fucked it up so bad for him and Mr White - they could have had it all!

Till is just cheating hims of, not the scale. Let’s say he was really 178. He still had to either cut the weight, or stay under 188. The onus is on him.

Are fighters allowed to check their weight on the official scale before the official weigh ins?

Are fighters allowed to check their weight on the official scale before the official weigh ins?

I can't find any information about the protocol.

You would think all teams have access to the scale at some point to check their progress or at least test the calibration of their own scales?

If I were a trainer, I'd have my scale calibrated and approved by a commission. It's a big deal after-all.

I haven’t got a scooby what you’re talking about TS......but my digital scales change my weight by a couple of pounds sometimes on back to back weighs without even moving it.....how’d ya explain that?

I haven’t got a scooby what you’re talking about TS......but my digital scales change my weight by a couple of pounds sometimes on back to back weighs without even moving it.....how’d ya explain that?

Aliens.

Or... do you lean side to side, or front to back?

Load cell has an accuracy of about 1% depending on the manufacturer. That could be 1.5 pounds for a 150 lb. person.

Back