Cheat Guide on how to beat the Diaz brothers

Nick hasn't fought a wrestler since 2006 meanwhile Nate has taken on most of the best wrestlers at 155 in that time. You really can't compare their wrestling skills based on what we've seen. Even Nick's fight with GSP probably won't tell us much since GSP takes down anyone he wants.

Does it matter, compare Nick fights when he was like 22 and 21, MUCH better TD defense than Nate has ever shown. Dude he gets dropped by leg kicks. Nick took much harder leg kicks from Cyborg and walked right thru them.
Nick stuffed Sherk shots, Riggs shots, most of Karos, and few of Diegos.
Diego was the only one to take Nick down at somewhat will and still was a close fight. That when he was really young too.

Well, I though Nate had a good chance of beating Bendo, but I (and others) were obviously proven wrong. There's nothing wrong with changing your position on something when results support it.

What happened was Nate lost to Bendo, a dude who's a badass with solid wrestling and is huge. Bendo hurt Nate early and never had a chance to recuperate.
He got beat up by a bad dude who followed a good gameplan and Nick didn't follow a good gameplan.

Just because this happened, why does it change the fact Nate is a badass?
I would love to see Nate vs Guida in a rematch to prove a point about how wrestlers can't easily beat Nate.

It has nothing to do with Nick AT ALL.

You can box with them, just not get into that brawl that they try to drag everyone in. If you can wrestle and have decent sub defense is a big thing as well. Using footwork and movement, because for some reason both guys only know how to move forward.

But it kind of sucks because these guys will be a "what could have been" If they could defend a TD, and move a bit better they could be pretty awesome, instead they do the same thing fight after fight.

Nick/GSP is going to be a long night for Nick.

I always wonder why some find it so hard to understand they are 2 different people. Because of the way Nate lost to Bendo, Nick now has "absolutely no chance against GSP ermagerd".

Its funny because something similar was said last year. When Nate beat Cowboy, people were saying Nick vs Condit was going to be similar and Nick would win.

But it kind of sucks because these guys will be a "what could have been" If they could defend a TD, and move a bit better they could be pretty awesome, instead they do the same thing fight after fight.

Nick/GSP is going to be a long night for Nick.

They can defend TDs, Nick defended BJ's TDs and Nate stuffed Miller's TDs, Bendo is just that good.

What happened was Nate lost to Bendo, a dude who's a badass with solid wrestling and is huge. Bendo hurt Nate early and never had a chance to recuperate.
He got beat up by a bad dude who followed a good gameplan and Nick didn't follow a good gameplan.

Just because this happened, why does it change the fact Nate is a badass?
I would love to see Nate vs Guida in a rematch to prove a point about how wrestlers can't easily beat Nate.

It has nothing to do with Nick AT ALL.

It doesn't change the fact that Nate is a badass, just that it's pretty clear that Bendo beats Nate 9/10 times.

Sherdog is beyond moronic at times, still not over this one lose = can thing have you guys?

Back