Chavez Jr. was paid to NOT fight

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. got paid to be the body in front of Canelo as a prelude to the pre-produced announcement of the mega match between Alvarez and Golovkin.

In Mexico $2 million goes a long way toward retirement for a guy who really is not interested in fighting anyway.

I

I don't see it. Win or lose he would get the same payday. Also, with a win there are much bigger paydays to be had, possible a rematch with more leverage for more money and more endorsements due to the name he carries. Furthermore, the fight was also about the pride of a name and proving once in for all that the name Chavez still reigns supreme for Mexican boxing. The reality is he wanted to win the fight but only really needed to engage in a semi-compeitive fight that would make the Mexican fans proud of him as his fathers son. Unfortunately he was lacking in skill in every department in the fight and had no pathways to success and made his fans collectively role their eyes in disgust.

I think it's very suspicious they had the Golovkin post-fight announcement all set up, combined with the way Chavez 'fought'.

I think he underestimated canelos skill set and was afraid of his counter strikes.

I think he underestimated canelos skill set and was afraid of his counter strikes.
This.

It's a shame that people refuse to give Canelo credit. If that was GGG in there last night we'd hear about how Chavez was scared of his "otherworldly power" and how invincible he is. Not mention the double standard of Canelo looking multiple weight classes smaller.

Conspiracy theories ITT.

Chances are that the announcement was contingent on Canelo winning. If Chavez pulled off the upset, they just wouldn't have announced it.

I guess you can say things like that because everyone and their Grandmother knew Chavez was going to get a beating and thats how it played out

Chavez had no chance

So Ward-Kov 1 was fixed, as was GGG-Jacobs, and now this fight? Sure are a lot of powerful bookies out there.

Conspiracy theories ITT.

Chances are that the announcement was contingent on Canelo winning. If Chavez pulled off the upset, they just wouldn't have announced it.
exactly. they put together a promo and flew in golovkin. canelo was a huge favorite, the odds of this going wrong for them were very low.

chavez likely fought like that because he realized what kind of power canelo has in the first few exchanges and didn't like the idea of getting laid out. he was outclassed both physically and technically, my guess is he just wanted to get to the final bell.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. got paid to be the body in front of Canelo as a prelude to the pre-produced announcement of the mega match between Alvarez and Golovkin.

In Mexico $2 million goes a long way toward retirement for a guy who really is not interested in fighting anyway.

I
No way does a guy absorb punches like that all night. If it was a work, then the fight wouldn't have gone 12.

Junioor is just a shot fighter. His poor work ethic is well documented, struggled to make weight over and over, went up in weight and got destroyed, then cut a massive amount of weight to cut a P4P level fighter last week.

He looked like every fighter who can't pull the trigger anymore.

This.

It's a shame that people refuse to give Canelo credit. If that was GGG in there last night we'd hear about how Chavez was scared of his "otherworldly power" and how invincible he is. Not mention the double standard of Canelo looking multiple weight classes smaller.
Well, you mentioned the Golovkin fans in the other thread. They've done such a snow job on Canelo over the past few months that people were actually convinced Chavez jr was going to beat his ass.

Exactly, made a thread about this last night. It'd have been a disaster if Canelo had lost. The guy literally had no marks on him. Chavez stood in the middle of the ring and threw no punches.

Well, you mentioned the Golovkin fans in the other thread. They've done such a snow job on Canelo over the past few months that people were actually convinced Chavez jr was going to beat his ass.
Finally he fought someone his size!!!

Go troll elsewhere you fucking cans.

Chavez looked blah against Fonfara. When Fonfara was landing on him he clammed up too. And no one was paying him to dive against Fonfara. Canelo is much better than Fonfara.

Chavez has ties to the cartel, there was probably a lot of gambling going on and he was told to survive.

Chavez has ties to the cartel, there was probably a lot of gambling going on and he was told to survive.
Just use your regular account, you won't get banned for that.

JCC Jr. wouldn't even look him in the eyes when the ref was giving instructions. He knew he was getting his ass beat and that he'd be disappointing papa. It's all good, we now have the biggest fight of the year in Alvarez vs Golovkin.

Back