Chatri Sityodtong: 'If Conor McGregor was a free agent, ONE Championship wouldn't sign him

Yrat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Link of Chatris embarrasing statement:
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/20/sport/chatri-sityodtong-conor-mcgregor-one-championship-mma/

Conor would not bother to sign ith ONE when there is RIzin and Road

Conor would never sign a promotion who are freezing the contract instead getting a release

Conors only way to make $$$$$ is to represent Evolve MMA, other then that he would only get less then 10,000$

Conor would not allow their PR director Loren Mack to oppress him what he should say and not say

Conor would never fight once a year and also fighting cans like Ben Askren have did.

Also ONE CAN NOT AFFORD HIM!

Exactly One doesn't have the cash to make it happen...they are the most overrated show in the world

The article is a typical ONE PR piece. Have anyone really done a background check on Chatri whether he was really poor or there was fakery in it?

The article is a typical ONE PR piece. Have anyone really done a background check on Chatri whether he was really poor or there was fakery in it?
I agree, i am living in a big city in Europe and i can tel you this that none of my relatives or friends have been close to attend on harvard and we made more then 4$ per day. I can not find the connection between poverty society in Thailand to studying at a major university in U.S

His father was a businessman and also have in mind we never know for how long he was poor, maybe we were just talking about 1-2 years but based by Chatri he started as poor when he was born.

On a similar note, I would just like to announce that if Kate Beckinsale was a single woman Cheapshart wouldn't bang her :cool:

I wouldn't want a Rolls-Royce even if I could afford one (which I can't).

I wouldn't sign him either! :p

"We don't want somebody to swear at people, throw water bottles, disrespect people, call out people's wives and children, and -- in my opinion -- other distasteful stuff that is not representative of true martial arts.
"We have heroes like Angela Lee, who is pound-for-pound one of the best female world champions on the planet. But yet she is humble, she is kind, she's sweet.
"You have Eduard Folayang, who came from extreme poverty, conquered so many impossible odds. He's so humble, gentle and kind. These are the heroes I want to support in ONE Championship."

Wow so honourable
<5>

Good, they shouldn't sign someone who's such a bad representative for the sport.

I agree, i am living in a big city in Europe and i can tel you this that none of my relatives or friends have been close to attend on harvard and we made more then 4$ per day. I can not find the connection between poverty society in Thailand to studying at a major university in U.S

His father was a businessman and also have in mind we never know for how long he was poor, maybe we were just talking about 1-2 years but based by Chatri he started as poor when he was born.
You obviously didn't even read the article. He said his family lost everything right before he left for Harvard.

I think the reasoning he gave in the article is BS, but I think anyone outside the U.S. Signing McGregor would be a mistake, but especially in Asia.

Conor's big support base is based on him being Irish. The U.S. If full of Irish diaspora, who love to identify as Irish. Americans also love brash, cocky guys. He wouldn't have that same fan base in S.E. Asia. Sure, people would appreciate his big knockout power, but they wouldn't care about the rest. It would get old quick over there. He just wouldn't be as big of a sell in that market.

ONE probably learned their lesson regarding paying big money to foreigners who have no connection to their target audience with Askren. He's their champ, but he's not a draw, and he's expensive.

He's not a free agent.

This is no different than Robert Kraft stating "If Conor McGregor wss a free agent, the Patriots would sign him."

I think the reasoning he gave in the article is BS, but I think anyone outside the U.S. Signing McGregor would be a mistake, but especially in Asia.

Conor's big support base is based on him being Irish. The U.S. If full of Irish diaspora, who love to identify as Irish. Americans also love brash, cocky guys. He wouldn't have that same fan base in S.E. Asia. Sure, people would appreciate his big knockout power, but they wouldn't care about the rest. It would get old quick over there. He just wouldn't be as big of a sell in that market.

ONE probably learned their lesson regarding paying big money to foreigners who have no connection to their target audience with Askren. He's their champ, but he's not a draw, and he's expensive.

Yes i get your point, Rizin could work a little bit better for Conor since japanese love that kind of thrashtalker , if Conor was a HW then yes he would be the new Bob Sapp for them.

South east asia is a place nobody cares about that much.

lol like you said they couldnt sign him if they wanted to

"We don't want somebody to swear at people, throw water bottles, disrespect people, call out people's wives and children, and -- in my opinion -- other distasteful stuff that is not representative of true martial arts.
"We have heroes like Angela Lee, who is pound-for-pound one of the best female world champions on the planet. But yet she is humble, she is kind, she's sweet.
"You have Eduard Folayang, who came from extreme poverty, conquered so many impossible odds. He's so humble, gentle and kind. These are the heroes I want to support in ONE Championship."

Wow so honourable
<5>
shiny-aoki-middle-finger-593x356.jpg

Plus he threw a water bottle at Cruickshank that almost hit Kawajiri in the eye.

How big is Conor in Asia? Given what they would have to pay him it actually might not make sense for them to sign him.

Not like US or Europe where you could do PPV, sell out a stadium, do a big gate and make your money back.

Back